Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BP - COVID19 Uptick in Connection w/ Wedding?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

tante_feige

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 1:55 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
You don't understand. Corona is over there. Its impossible for anyone to get it there. They have herd immunity. Its all political anyways. Its literally impossible for anyone to get corona.

-actual words said to me by relatives.

Actual words said by posters on this thread, last week.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:25 am
Yes there are positive cases due to more testing but also we know how to treat it now. We don’t just put ppl on a vent anymore which leads to their deaths! We also have the older and immune compromised people staying home and not going to weddings and if they do go to shul or to a store they wear masks. Some of the positive cases have flulike symptoms, low oxygen and even fever but only 2-3 ended visiting or are still in the hospital from this simcha.
Unfortunately there are still people very sick from covid from that first wave, some still battling since pesach time and some slowly recovering.
Covid is not going away so fast same as the flu is here to stay! We have to learn how to live with it.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:39 am
I have wedding next week in bp. One I’m not going to. The other one dh insists on going. I said wear a mask run in day mt and leave.
He very much thinks I’m overreacting. So then I said is it fair to the rest us if to quarantine if you get it from there??? So he said I know it would be hard.
At the end of the day I’m not convinced he will listen. It’s been like this all along. How are ppl coping if their dh is on a different page than they?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:28 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I have wedding next week in bp. One I’m not going to. The other one dh insists on going. I said wear a mask run in day mt and leave.
He very much thinks I’m overreacting. So then I said is it fair to the rest us if to quarantine if you get it from there??? So he said I know it would be hard.
At the end of the day I’m not convinced he will listen. It’s been like this all along. How are ppl coping if their dh is on a different page than they?

You do what you feel comfortable with and he does what he feels comfortable with. Yes I know you live together but haven’t your kids been out?! You can chose to go or not, with a mask or without and he gets to make his own decision. In Brooklyn wearing masks at a wedding are the minority today. Mostly the older or ones compromised or you stay home if your still uncomfortable.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:31 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
You do what you feel comfortable with and he does what he feels comfortable with. Yes I know you live together but haven’t your kids been out?! You can chose to go or not, with a mask or without and he gets to make his own decision. In Brooklyn wearing masks at a wedding are the minority today. Mostly the older or ones compromised or you stay home if your still uncomfortable.

We haven’t gone to Simchos. yes my kids are in camp but where have there been cases by the weddings! And no he doesn’t get to make his own decision when it effects the rest of us. If he gets covid we are all home for two weeks!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:57 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
We haven’t gone to Simchos. yes my kids are in camp but where have there been cases by the weddings! And no he doesn’t get to make his own decision when it effects the rest of us. If he gets covid we are all home for two weeks!

Your really being naive And ridiculous if you think none of the parents in day camp have been going to weddings! Your own kids can bring it back from camp into your own home! How is your husband or you going to a wedding any different?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:01 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Do people not have to wear masks to go to smachot in america? Or do people just choose not to?

This is why I keep saying that we need to wear masks and not hold hands, even with gloves, while dancing.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:28 am
I have a sibling's wedding coming up and I am dreading it and the aftermath.

Why are we so eager to walk down the aisle to our doom???

I wish my family agreed with me but they all think I'm over reacting.

I really don't like the lingering aftereffects of Covid too many people are stuck with. I love my sibling dearly but a lifetime of health issues seems a high price to pay.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:30 am
Yes there are positive cases due to more testing but also we know how to treat it now. We don’t just put ppl on a vent anymore which leads to their deaths! We also have the older and immune compromised people staying home and not going to weddings and if they do go to shul or to a store they wear masks. Some of the positive cases have flulike symptoms, low oxygen and even fever but only 2-3 ended visiting or are still in the hospital from this simcha.
Unfortunately there are still people very sick from covid from that first wave, some still battling since pesach time and some slowly recovering.
Covid is not going away so fast same as the flu is here to stay! We have to learn how to live with it.

We still have over 1k people dying every day in the US, with the better protocols and in states where Cuomo has no authority.

I wish we could learn to live with it. Too many people are dying with it, though.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:32 am
There is a LAGE between a spike of cases and a spike in hospitalizations and then deaths.
If you wait until there are hospitalizations then it is TOO LATE

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:40 am

That is the problem! Masks aren't to protect you, they are to protect others around you.
I was unfortunately at a wedding, against my personal preference. I wore a mask, I tried to stay in deserted areas, but those around me came into my space with no regard. Didn't wear masks, or my favorite, took them off to speak/yell. I left early but got flack for it. When I get sick or C"VS worse, who is going to care? Not you. That's for sure. Thank you.

And no,my DH and kids have not been out. So saying you do you effects me.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:44 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

I saw info on a webinar somewhere, maybe it was on Ohel, about what to do if family members are on different pages. Might be worth tracking down. hugs!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 5:48 am

While ventilator use is the last resort, there are people who end up on ventilators. I don't think that anyone from the frum community is currently on a ventilator from the recent cases but we can't say that it no longer happens.
Because the virus is possibly here to stay, we have to learn to deal with it but we also have to give research more of a chance to develop treatment before we jump back into our pre-COVID lives.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:51 am
Why are people even making these big weddings now. It's not over, make the small backyard outdoors weddings like we did a few months ago. It's really irresponsible and selfish to hold these big weddings now amongst other things.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:01 am
southernbubby wrote:
While ventilator use is the last resort, there are people who end up on ventilators. I don't think that anyone from the frum community is currently on a ventilator from the recent cases but we can't say that it no longer happens.
Because the virus is possibly here to stay, we have to learn to deal with it but we also have to give research more of a chance to develop treatment before we jump back into our pre-COVID lives.

I was told they are using ventilators now as an absolutely last resort. Very few ppl placed on ventilators survive.
They now have ppl laying absolutely still while getting oxygen and food. It keeps oxygen level steady so don’t need ventilators. Also giving drugs like anti-clotting.
Ventilators aren t the measurement anymore as they are being avoided at all costs inhispitals.

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:01 am
Your really being naive And ridiculous if you think none of the parents in day camp have been going to weddings! Your own kids can bring it back from camp into your own home! How is your husband or you going to a wedding any different?

I know this was meant to be rhetorical, but the difference - and it's actually a fairly big one - is the length of the chain of transmission.

Wedding guest -> me: one infection

Wedding guest -> parent of child at camp -> that child -> my child -> me: four infections

So if there's, say, a 50% chance of infection every time you're around someone ill, then it's the difference between a 50% chance I get it, and a 6% chance I get it.

Every new link in the chain is a chance for the chain of transmission to break down, because someone somewhere along the line was immune, or was standing far enough away not to get infected, or started to feel sick and did the responsible thing and stayed home.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:10 am
gold21 wrote:
I have no reason to believe these are second time infections. I assume they are first timers. Anyone have info on this?

I have also heard they were first time infections.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:40 am
Now that protests are basically over in nyc, he’s back at it.

And yes there are many with recurring cases.
My sister had antibodies and tested negative in April, now she tested positive again. Her dr said he’s seeing that lately.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:43 am
tigerwife wrote:
I have also heard they were first time infections.

Look at @ra_mom link above from the crown heights dr. It is troubling - and I don’t think he has an agenda like some other drs
https://covid19ch.blogspot.com......html

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:55 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm so edgy already. So on edge. So anxious. I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN. CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT.

This is just Deblasio sending a warning message to the Jewish community that he will close shuls for the upcoming Holidays. Of course, he didnt use those words exactly but this is where its headed. But no worries, you can still go to protests and riots (did you hear what happened last week in WB at Whole Foods and other places? Glad that doesnt scare you considering how close they are to the Jewish community and there is nothing stopping them from coming in and destroying the stores in the Jewish neighborhood as well).

The good news is that there is a study that shows that people who get coronavirus develop long term immunity (so its not just about anti-bodies) so perhaps its best to get coronavirus now to get the cells needed for immunity-- https://www.businessinsider.co.....020-8
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics