Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New COVID-19 cases in Orthodox communities elicit concern
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:24 pm
https://www.jta.org/2020/08/19.....-near

[Mod note - if anyone has any desire to mention politics here, please feel free to start a spin off in the politics forum. Not here.]

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:46 pm
All I know is that in boro park and Williamsburg things are back to normal since shavous. So that's 3 months of Large weddings, no masks, no social distancing and nothing happened. If anything proves that there is immunity, it is this. Not the media.[Political comment removed]. There is no rise in cases. They [language removed] testing people without symptoms.I know someone that went for strept culture and dr insisted they tske covid test. Both the strept and covid test are psotiive. Go figure!
Stop the fear mongering. Covid is here to stay. Lets live with it, I stead of destroyinf our daily lives

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 3:09 pm
I’m sorry this got you so upset.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 3:13 pm
Sounds like it's just as well more camps didn't open as usual. Or likely there'd be more cases.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

Stop the fear mongering. Covid is here to stay. Lets live with it, I stead of destroyinf our daily lives

What do you suggest re: living with it?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you suggest re: living with it?

We could die from it.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
We could die from it.

That doesn't seem to be an imamother concern Banging head

Genius

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:33 pm
I don’t know where you live, where I do people haven’t died from Covid in MONTHS. Bh bh. (with no social distance since Shavuos btw)

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:45 pm
genius wrote:
I don’t know where you live, where I do people haven’t died from Covid in MONTHS. Bh bh. (with no social distance since Shavuos btw)

That's why our communities need precautions for the elderly for the Yomim Tovim.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:02 pm
Many elderly are walking around without masks, davening at minyans, shopping.
I have also seen nonjewish elderly walking without masks
I think that everyone is discombobulated from all the info that is bombarded at us.
Every persons views, feelings, fears, Understanding, worries, should be respected.
However we should also look at areas that are living with bare minimum sd and masks and see what the picture is in these areas.
Where is there an uptick, how serious are the symptoms? how high are the numbers ( in relation to population), how many are recurring cases? What is the recovery rate and many other questions.
I think we’ll find that there is fear-mongering from the media.
Again, we do have to be careful, but how careful?
Lockdown careful? Or severe sd? Or sd in certain situations?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:09 pm
From what I have observed the past 2 months or so, in Lakewood
Its 100 time more likely to get killed in a car accident than Covid

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Many elderly are walking around without masks, davening at minyans, shopping.
I have also seen nonjewish elderly walking without masks
I think that everyone is discombobulated from all the info that is bombarded at us.
Every persons views, feelings, fears, Understanding, worries, should be respected.
However we should also look at areas that are living with bare minimum sd and masks and see what the picture is in these areas.
Where is there an uptick, how serious are the symptoms? how high are the numbers ( in relation to population), how many are recurring cases? What is the recovery rate and many other questions.
I think we’ll find that there is fear-mongering from the media.
Again, we do have to be careful, but how careful?
Lockdown careful? Or severe sd? Or sd in certain situations?

Walking around outdoors is a low risk activity. Spending a whole day indoors davening on YK with visitors from other cities, extended families coming together for sukkah, those are much higher risk activities.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:19 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Exactly this 🙄

Also op, we’ve been “warned” about this “dangerous spike” many times now and I really haven’t seen it anywhere.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:20 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

I hope ur right....except we probably would have said the same thing in Purim..

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:22 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I hope ur right....except we probably would have said the same thing in Purim..

This ^

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:32 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
All I know is that in boro park and Williamsburg things are back to normal since shavous. So that's 3 months of Large weddings, no masks, no social distancing and nothing happened.

I'm one of the most realistic people you will find in williamsburg; I wear mask where required and don't where no one else does. I'm of the belief that immunity is long lasting and I'm of the belief that things need to reopen.

yet I want to tell you the stark naked truth that there is an uptick in cases now and I'm terrified of a second wave. I'm crippled with fear of everything closing down again. I am not yet past my PTSD from the nightmarish month of Nissan we lived through.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:34 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

But 60 cases in Baltimore have been directly linked to a wedding in Lakewood.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
But 60 cases in Baltimore have been directly linked to a wedding in Lakewood.
it was an oot wedding hosted in Lakewood.
There haven’t even been 60 cases here.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:40 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
That's why our communities need precautions for the elderly for the Yomim Tovim.

The elderly shouldn't be going to shul.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:40 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Walking around outdoors is a low risk activity. Spending a whole day indoors davening on YK with visitors from other cities, extended families coming together for sukkah, those are much higher risk activities.

In many communities there have been weddings, simchos, people davening in shul, since shavuos, With guests from other areas. Elderly men are davening in minyanim without masks, and What difference does it make how long you are in shul? If someone is chalila sick, he will infect others wether they are in shul one hour or 3 hours or any time frame
Again we should not just ignore the fact that we do need to be careful and aware, but also look at those communities that are going about their lives and see what info we can gather.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics