Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Toys for a 6 year old?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:45 am
Basically my DS age 6 stopped playing with toys or games, it started around last year when they stop providing toys at cheder. But he still needs occupation, he is often bored!

What he does do is: ride his bike, read, play at the park, play with neighbors, and pick fights with DD(!)
Ocasionally, he likes play a game like connect 4, card games, guessing games

We have: magnatiles, clics, playmobil, trucks, mentchies, toy food, dress-up and some games

I don't have much to spend, I would just like to here what occupies your kids that age.

2gether

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 3:11 pm
bumping

2gether

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 5:40 pm
any ideas? lego perhaps?
Do yor sons realy play with toys at that age or buying more toys will be a waste?

happysongs

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 12:15 pm
My son likes little lego sets, he loves listening to story CDs, and some books that come with CD read alongs. he can hear a CD many times over..

Rabbit613

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 1:12 pm
My almost 6 year old plays with lego for hours.

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 1:22 pm
Another vote for lego - it's great at that age! You could also look into Kapla.

blessedflower

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 1:22 pm
I recently bought my 6yo dd a vtech camera. Its the best investment ever. She has it now 6 weeks and is still playing with it every single day. It also has some games on it. And it's also an mp3 player. She listens to music and is busy hours with it

silverlining3

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 2:44 pm
I don't have a son that age, but maybe he'll go for a single player game?!

Rush hour
Perfection
Qbitz can be played alone
Let's go fishin can also be played alone

Just trying to give advice-I have a 6 yr old daughter

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 9:47 pm
There used to be a solitaire game called "Hi-Q". Do they still make it?

We loved it as kids.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:09 pm
Yes, I find toys are not so much of interest but lately I guide him to the toys and we pick a toy and that does help at least for a few minutes - lego, clics, magna tiles, mitzva kinder is a good one

Also "pretend play" with dress up stuff like playing out shul/rebbi -school stuff with jackets/hats...

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:15 pm
My DD6 plays for hours with magnatiles and dolls. Does he have a scooter? Sports equipment?

asweet

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:22 pm
Is he the imaginative type? If so Playmobil might be worth it.

My kids can play for hours if they get into it.

Otherwise does he enjoy coloring? Or fun workbooks. These are not too expensive and it usually works for a good few days. Can also be scratch arts, paint water color, dot by dot, mazes etc..also a white board with new markers are great.

I find when the kids are very bored from the games and toys that we have I usually go to the dollar store and buy lots of cheap crafts and it gets them excited and fighting stops for a bit.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:24 pm
My ds loves to color. Plain paper, coloring books, reads books, karaoke machine, plays with clics and LEGO for hours, doesn’t play much with playmobile anymore. Cold outside now so not really biking or scooting. He jumps rope in the house

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:27 pm
Yes, coloring and cutting is also great

And love to stock up on those cheap arts n crafts like the match the number sticker ones

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 10:27 pm
Yes workbooks! My ds spent hours finishing the entire math book he brought home when cheder was closed last year due to corona. Taught himself most of the math. It helps that he learned to read age 5 so once he gets into it he’ll read for an hour

myname1

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 3:58 am
My son is 6 and will spend hours playing Lego, but he will also spend hours playing with magnatiles and playmobile and trains... so I think if yours doesn't like to play any of those, he will likely want to play lego just as little. You can give it a try, but I wouldn't make it a big investment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics