Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Help me figure out what to send for neighbor who had baby

bargainlover

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:23 pm
I am making supper for a neighbor who had a baby. 4 kids, oldest is 9. Want to make an easy dairy meal (I work full time) that looks nice too. Any suggestions for a nice menu?

-Sunnygirl

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:26 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I am making supper for a neighbor who had a baby. 4 kids, oldest is 9. Want to make an easy dairy meal (I work full time) that looks nice too. Any suggestions for a nice menu?

Just made dinner for a friend last week who had a baby, similar size family. I did baked ziti, breaded zucchini, butternut squash soup, Nish nosh salad, choc chip bars, fruit

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:28 pm
Baked ziti (cook pasta the day before so one step is ready), Greek couscous salad, cut veggies and dip.

r1

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:28 pm
I did baked ziti, zucchini soup, nish Noah salad with breaded salmon skewers and cut cantaloupe.

I can only do quick so this was all done in an hour.

bargainlover

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:37 pm
Do I need to send a protein? Like fish?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:51 pm
If they're asking for dairy, then I don't think you need a separate protein. I fill up the ziti with ricotta/whipped cottage cheese protein and add more protein to the salad. If you don't actually know what they like, you can send an 2 slices of baked salmon on the side.

r1

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 11:55 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Do I need to send a protein? Like fish?

I found the salmon sticks to be a cost efficient, quick way to add a protein. If was the equivalent of 2 smallish fillets. I was also sending on a Thursday I think so I had bought salmon that day.

Otherwise I think I would do a tuna salad topping for the salad (packed separately in a container)

I don’t think you have to though. If they ask for milchig a cheesy pasta is fine.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 2:25 am
Lately, I’ve made lots of dinners for different people and I wanted to do something different from the classic ziti so I made lasagna.

Added a salad with bagged lettuce, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and ready made dressing.

French onion soup.

Cookies from shabbos.

It was loved by the kids and adults.

Teomima

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 2:35 am
Like others have said, cheesy pasta dishes are the way to go. That or quiche. Either way, things in disposable pans that can easily be put into the freezer if that have too much food.

I like to give baked mac and cheese and/or lasagna (dairy with spinach if milchigs, or with ground beef and vegan cheese if fleishig). The best dish I ever got was linguini with pesto gouda...so good. But not necessarily the best dish for kids.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 2:37 am
Pizza & salad is always a hit when I make meals for others in this situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals