Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I'm so fed up!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

newcomer

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really don't want to give up my screen name right now. I talk to everyone in real life about this advocating for these children. I'm starting a program for them online and doing my best but I'm praying I close down because they all are welcomed back.

I don't really care whether or not you do. Just, it's pretty obvious that you keep on writing the same post over and over. Because this is almost word for word identical to many posts that have been randomly put into covid threads. And you rarely get much of a reaction anymore. If you are trying to convince people, you aren't succeeding.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:06 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
My opinion still stands, I don’t think God would punish thousands of people around the entire world for the treatment of children they knew nothing about.

You could be very right. Life is complex though and it's clearly not the whole picture. I did feel there was some truth to it. Last year some of my students couldn't make a pesach hagada this year none. Things like that.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The very same faculty of my school that has treated these children terribly and without mercy have very outspokenly said how hesitant they are about the new one. It's such hypocrisy. I'm fuming. These children deserve better.

Got it. Why are we arguing about the teachers' feelings about a hypothetical vaccine that doesn't even exist?

What about vaccines that do exist? How do teachers feel about those? Probably pretty confident, if you ask me. That's not hypocritical.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:10 am
newcomer wrote:
I don't really care whether or not you do. Just, it's pretty obvious that you keep on writing the same post over and over. Because this is almost word for word identical to many posts that have been randomly put into covid threads. And you rarely get much of a reaction anymore. If you are trying to convince people, you aren't succeeding.

I personally posted about this issue one other time on the shidduchim anti vax thread. Whatever I don't care really about you caring about my credibility. It's fine. Believe whatever you want. I made this thread in hopes that people have some decency and can help advocate for them. Faith in humanity diminished. Thanks newcomer.

Frumme

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I want people to have a heart. Stop judging parents. Stop persecuting children. Open back up school for them and in that merit may Covid be finished and never to be heard from again.

I'm just so fed up with these kinds of heartless remarks. Show your humanity.

You're right. I want people to have a heart. Stop judging the parents who want to protect those who can't protect themselves. Show your humanity for people like cancer patients who can't get live vaccines themselves. Stop prosecuting people who want to eradicate polio, smallpox, and other diseases.

I'm just so fed up with these kinds of heartless, thoughtless remarks. BH you don't have someone with an autoimmune disorder in your family, because you would most likely feel very different about this issue if you did. There is something infinitely terrifying about the fact that some parents are so cavalier when it comes to the lives of others. It is a shame that children have to suffer due to their choices.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:20 am
Why exactly do you think schools are at fault for not allowing unvaccinated children to attend school? It's the law. The govt is checking up on the schools by constant inspections and heavy fines. They really have no choice.

As for the loss of exemptions, the govt in ny had demanded that unvaccinated children be kept home for 21 days during the measles outbreak. You all remember what ensued. That debacle caused ny to abolish the religious exemptions.

You are clearly an anti vaxxer. I have not met anyone neutral using your arguments against the yeshivas/schools. I am directing my annoyance and frustration to you as an antivaxxer because I find it mind boggling that as a group, the antivaxxers refused to keep their children home for 21 days during an outbreak. Yet, have constant complaints to the yeshivas for following the law caused as a consequence to your actions. Irony much!?!

newcomer

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I personally posted about this issue one other time on the shidduchim anti vax thread. Whatever I don't care really about you caring about my credibility. It's fine. Believe whatever you want. I made this thread in hopes that people have some decency and can help advocate for them. Faith in humanity diminished. Thanks newcomer.

If you only post anon, no that doesn't give you much credibility. Sorry. That's just the way it is.
Anyway, once there is a reliable and approved covid vaccine, there won't be religious exemptions allowed in public or private schools. Absolutely, laws will be passsed. Homeschooling will be the only choice if someone feels that strongly.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You could be very right. Life is complex though and it's clearly not the whole picture. I did feel there was some truth to it. Last year some of my students couldn't make a pesach hagada this year none. Things like that.

But the real question is, how do you respond at other times, when rabbis say midda kineged midda, and it DOESNT affect you, or those you know or work with? I mean, you yourself said in your own words “it makes me uncomfortable” so why is this time different? BECAUSE it’s affecting you and those you know/work with? Maybe those other rabbis are right too....or maybe this one is wrong. Or maybe he is right, but very few people, if any, these days are on such a level that they can say that clearly and accurately. It’s easy to throw words around, “this is the reason for that” and “that is the reason for this” but that doesn’t mean there is any truth to it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:23 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Got it. Why are we arguing about the teachers' feelings about a hypothetical vaccine that doesn't even exist?

What about vaccines that do exist? How do teachers feel about those? Probably pretty confident, if you ask me. That's not hypocritical.

I clearly have sympathy for these families. I will not deny that. I'm not ashamed of that. I've spoken to these parents and hear why they feel hesitant in my experience (again tiny minority) it's been a medical history related issue. I don't know that they are right but the law doesn't have an issue with their choice I really don't see a reason for my school to.

I'm fuming because a vaccine will come out at the recommendation of officials, it's hypocritical to not want to take it and then judge and condemn those parents because they are hesitant to take a different one that's recommended by said officials. How can you not see that hypocrisy? It's so upsetting. There's no justice here. Crying

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:24 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
But the real question is, how do you respond at other times, when rabbis say midda kineged midda, and it DOESNT affect you, or those you know or work with? I mean, you yourself said in your own words “it makes me uncomfortable” so why is this time different? BECAUSE it’s affecting you and those you know/work with? Maybe those other rabbis are right too....or maybe this one is wrong. Or maybe he is right, but very few people, if any, these days are on such a level that they can say that clearly and accurately. It’s easy to throw words around, “this is the reason for that” and “that is the reason for this” but that doesn’t mean there is any truth to it.

I am uncomfortable.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:25 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
In many states, children who are not vaccinated can be in public schools with a religious exemption, yet the religious schools in those same states are refusing to accept children who are not vaccinated with religious exemptions.

I was sending my 2 year old to a shul playgroup in a different state, not NY (religious exemption was and actually still is in effect) - delaying for medical reasons - the day before school started I got a phone call that we're being kicked out unless I catch up my DC with all shots (which my doctor doesn't even allow). Zero basis for it. The schools had no reason to be more fanatic than the government. And it wasn't even a legal school!! Just a playgroup not even up to code etc!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I clearly have sympathy for these families. I will not deny that. I'm not ashamed of that. I've spoken to these parents and hear why they feel hesitant in my experience (again tiny minority) it's been a medical history related issue. I don't know that they are right but the law doesn't have an issue with their choice I really don't see a reason for my school to.

I'm fuming because a vaccine will come out at the recommendation of officials, it's hypocritical to not want to take it and then judge and condemn those parents because they are hesitant to take a different one that's recommended by said officials. How can you not see that hypocrisy? It's so upsetting. There's no justice here. Crying

Keep in mind, you are comparing two different vaccine type. One, the ones given to kids, go through years of production and testing and studies and all that. The other is a vaccine that is being pushed through, with almost no testing and studies, and there is no way to know what effect it will have on people. And it’s not only for kids. The only vaccine even slightly comparable is the flu vaccine, which is offered to everyone, but there are plenty of people who don’t get vaccinated for it and/or don’t get it for their kids either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:28 am
Frumme wrote:
You're right. I want people to have a heart. Stop judging the parents who want to protect those who can't protect themselves. Show your humanity for people like cancer patients who can't get live vaccines themselves. Stop prosecuting people who want to eradicate polio, smallpox, and other diseases.

I'm just so fed up with these kinds of heartless, thoughtless remarks. BH you don't have someone with an autoimmune disorder in your family, because you would most likely feel very different about this issue if you did. There is something infinitely terrifying about the fact that some parents are so cavalier when it comes to the lives of others. It is a shame that children have to suffer due to their choices.

I can't debate that issue. I don't know much about it but I will say that I have an autoimmune disorder if that makes a difference and my family that had cancer couldn't be around anyone with a cold.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am uncomfortable.

Then you should be uncomfortable now as well, even if this “midda kineged midda” is understandable to you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Why exactly do you think schools are at fault for not allowing unvaccinated children to attend school? It's the law. The govt is checking up on the schools by constant inspections and heavy fines. They really have no choice.

As for the loss of exemptions, the govt in ny had demanded that unvaccinated children be kept home for 21 days during the measles outbreak. You all remember what ensued. That debacle caused ny to abolish the religious exemptions.

As the parent of a child with a legitimate need for a medical exemption, you have made my family's life much more complicated, as well as others in need of this exemption. My child's case is clear cut and gets it but we have to now go thru the hassle of getting it approved yearly by the doe. Whereas, before, a dr was able to process this. Then there are many who need the medical exemption but case is more complicated, making their kids schooling situation a nightmare through no fault of their own.

You are clearly an anti vaxxer. I have not met anyone neutral using your arguments against the yeshivas/schools. I am directing my annoyance and frustration to you as an antivaxxer because I find it mind boggling that as a group, the antivaxxers refused to keep their children home for 21 days during an outbreak. Yet, have constant complaints to the yeshivas for following the law caused as a consequence to your actions. Irony much!?!

Read my posts please.

newcomer

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I was sending my 2 year old to a shul playgroup in a different state, not NY (religious exemption was and actually still is in effect) - delaying for medical reasons - the day before school started I got a phone call that we're being kicked out unless I catch up my DC with all shots (which my doctor doesn't even allow). Zero basis for it. The schools had no reason to be more fanatic than the government. And it wasn't even a legal school!! Just a playgroup not even up to code etc!

Maybe there was a medically fragile child/children in the group. Maybe they didn't tell you for privacy reasons.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:31 am
newcomer wrote:
Maybe there was a medically fragile child/children in the group. Maybe they didn't tell you for privacy reasons.

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe there was a medical situation that you didn’t know about.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:31 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Then you should be uncomfortable now as well, even if this “midda kineged midda” is understandable to you.

I am.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am.

But that’s not the way your OP or the following comments sound. You make it sound at though this time you are ok with it, because this rabbi hit the nail on the head. That was the whole premise of your OP....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 1:34 am
newcomer wrote:

I seriously doubt this to be the case in the school I teach in. It's mind boggling to see how everyone is pushing this black and white scenario when there is clearly a lot of gray. Please there should be a way to work around it.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics