Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you own a boat?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do you own a boat
Yes  
 3%  [ 8 ]
No  
 93%  [ 187 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 201

mirror

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:34 am
If you want to see the interior of a yacht, just go to a boat show and pay a small admission fee. You will see two and three-story yachts with hidden bathrooms and bedrooms. https://www.discoverboating.com/boat-shows

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:12 am
I have a coworker who lived on a boat to save money on living “in Manhattan” near our workplace. I think it’s pretty inexpensive but pretty complicated. You need to pay for water/sewage hookup and I don’t know how often the sewage is taken away. Also I think that in the winter it can get cold. I have worked with this coworker since 2012 and she is very creative. She has also been a horse trainer, and now has a house in the Poconos instead (which was excellent foresight considering that we now all work remotely). Once I was joking about the houseboat in front of some other people and she got insulted. (Maybe I asked about mail delivery on the houseboat or something like that). So ... I don’t think it’s a badge of honor to live on a boat.

4g01o

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 3:35 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I have a coworker who lived on a boat to save money on living “in Manhattan” near our workplace. I think it’s pretty inexpensive but pretty complicated. You need to pay for water/sewage hookup and I don’t know how often the sewage is taken away. Also I think that in the winter it can get cold. I have worked with this coworker since 2012 and she is very creative. She has also been a horse trainer, and now has a house in the Poconos instead (which was excellent foresight considering that we now all work remotely). Once I was joking about the houseboat in front of some other people and she got insulted. (Maybe I asked about mail delivery on the houseboat or something like that). So ... I don’t think it’s a badge of honor to live on a boat.

Not a badge of honor to LIVE on a boat but to own a boat for pleasure reasons is considered higher class.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics