Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Enough Love for All

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 8:47 am
Here's a gorgeous letter, printed in N'Shei Chabad Newsletter, Dec. issue (bold is mine):

Whenever any of my siblings get together, the topic that is always discussed is how wonderful my parents are. Did we ever tell them? Not enough.

I am one of 17 children, thank G-d, and never for one moment did I feel that I was lacking attention or love from my parents. My parents (R' Shmuel and Devora Rodal of Milano, Italy) spoil each and every one of us as if we were an only child.

My father, despite the hardship of sustaining such a large family, gave my sisters and me piano and ballet lessons (not him personally!) so we should not feel we are missing out because we are the daughters of a Rabbi (even in Italy, Rabbis are not paid well, if at all).

My mother still puts a plate of soup aside when I visit because she knows that I like it room temperature; she still cooks an extra lokshen kugel on erev Shabbos when my brother comes home, because she knows he likes it; she runs to every store to find a pair of shoes that my sister might like (her taste is impossible to please, yet my mother still tries), as if she has all the time in the world. I can go on and on, but I will never be able to express really how much we appreciate what my parents did and still do for us.

They extend this incredible kindness to all of us, children, children-in-law, and grandchildren alike.

Once my brother and sister-in-law came to spend their summer with my family. As I was taking out some sheets to prepare their beds, my mother stopped me and handed me a set that she had put aside especially for them. What difference did it make, I asked. My mother remembered that her daughter-in-law likes the color green.

My deepest gratitude goes to G-d Almighty for having given me this great gift, my parents.

Dini Polichenko
Tijuana, B.C., Mexico

Yael

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 10:57 am
that is beautiful,
motek why did you add in the bold, how do you know?

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 11:31 am
Motek, this is a wonderful story.

I am biased too, but I work with the authors brother and wife,and he is a fun loving easy going person and he knows where he is going in life. he also talks highyly of his parents.

it does say alot cuz I know kids from big families who go really far away from yidishkeit ,c uz they didnt get specailized attention. I know an actual case, where I know most of the details. but wont go into them on a public forumn

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 12:56 pm
Rochel leah love your quote on the bottom of your post Very Happy

proudmom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 1:34 pm
Rochel Leah I love it!!! Very nice Motek

Last edited by proudmom on Wed, Nov 03 2004, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Motek

Post Wed, Nov 03 2004, 8:16 am
Yael: They are her words which I chose to highlight.

Last edited by Motek on Mon, Jan 17 2005, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 03 2004, 9:29 am
Motek, I know dini she, has phenominal middohs and is always positive upbeat and halavay we should all (I should talk for myself) learn from her !!

Motek

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 2:54 pm
by way of contrast:

I read an article a year or two ago in the N'Shei Chabad Newsletter by (I think) Simcha Fine. She is a shlucha and she wrote an article in which she described doing a "reality check" after a conversation with a fellow shlucha. The fellow shlucha had her kids boarding in a nearby city for school, and coming home erev Shabbos and going back Monday morning. The fellow shlucha expressed her feelings to Mrs. Fine, saying she can't wait until the kids go back each Monday. They're difficult when they're home, so clingy, and wanting her attention. What a pain!

Mrs. Fine was absolutely horrified by this. OF COURSE, her children who are away all week are desperate for their mother's attention and love over the weekends!

Mrs. Fine called an older shlucha with married children to run the story by her, and get her reaction. The older shlucha told her that for twenty or so years, while her children were young, THEY were her focus, not the shlichus she was on (I don't remember all the details, I guess her husband did most of the shlichus work, though I'm sure the wife had guests and was involved in other ways too).

yehudis

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 4:04 pm
How beautiful! How do they do it? I mean, how do you find the time and the energy for 17 children?

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 5:01 pm
It a priority by them and they love their kids simple as that!!!
Also shayna rochel remember it's not 17 little ones they are at diff stages but it still requires patience lots and lots of love. Our hearts only gets bigger and there's lots of room for it to continue to grow!!!

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 6:15 pm
A lady I know has 11 children K"H, and whenver asked How many kids she has she answers: " one of each".

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:09 pm
over two years later I'm reviving this

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 1:17 am
Thanks Motek.

It's a good reminder to work on my own HAKORAS HATOV.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 2:09 am
Thanks for reviving the post motek. I love it. Makes me want to hug my Mom and Dad! They were/are super parents and grandparents.

Also, thanks for adding a deeper dimension to this board. I love the stuff you post.

Motek

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 6:57 pm
thank you embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational