Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Delaying puberty in girls any regrets

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:37 pm
Those of you who delayed puberty and your children are much older now, do you regret it? We are considering it for many reasons. Are there any known side effects like affecting fertility?

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:05 pm
Why would someone do this aside from gender dysmorphia? I am asking because I really don't understand.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:09 pm
watergirl wrote:
Why would someone do this aside from gender dysmorphia? I am asking because I really don't understand.

Early puberty

tigerwife

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:09 pm
watergirl wrote:

I am assuming people will try to delay if their daughter is having precocious puberty, and are very young or short. I believe this can affect bone structure as well.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:13 pm
Gotcha. Thanks, sorry for derailing.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:41 pm
watergirl wrote:

We did it
Based on endocrinologist testing, she was projected to get her period BY 91/2 and reach a total height of 4'6".
We delayed puberty by 2-21/2 years.
She got her period a month after her 12th birthday and reached 4'11". Way more reasonable.
I can't answer to the long term. She's only 16.
But for her, I'm happy we did it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Those of you who delayed puberty and your children are much older now, do you regret it? We are considering it for many reasons. Are there any known side effects like affecting fertility?

I know someone that was taking pills to delay it, and she seems fine now. (early 20s, and she's a decent height). Who knows whether it actually worked for height, or not. No one ever knows for sure, because height is such a mystery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics