Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Decorating girls bedroom on a budget

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:18 pm
I would love to decorate my girls' bedroom but really can't afford to spend money on it right now. I looked online at Ikea and at overstock.com but it was too overwhelming. Any interior designer hobbyists can help me out with ideas and links?

They have 1 wall painted hot pink (Benjamin Moore peony, if you want to check it out.) The room has 2 beds, 1 night stand, and a double dresser in espresso.

What can I do to make their room pretty? They're 6 and 10 yrs old.

Thank you so much!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:30 pm
What are the room dimensions? Where are the windows? Door? Closets?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:31 pm
Do you have a Hobby Lobby nearby? I love shopping there for wall decor.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:35 pm
If you’re on Facebook, see if there is a “Buy Nothing Group” for your neighborhood. The Buy Nothing Project is a worldwide project for neighbors to give away items (or lend) completely FREE for their neighborhood only. I have gotten and given away tons of free stuff all the time. I have regularly seen requests for my neighborhood for people asking items for decorating kids rooms and people giving away stuff their kids have outgrown. Perhaps some of your neighbors may have decorations (or even furniture) you can use to decorate your kids room. Just an idea to think about.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:59 pm
What does her linen look like? Start there.

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 1:02 pm
What do your kids like? Please include them in their bedroom decorations.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 1:02 pm
rachel6543 wrote:
If you’re on Facebook, see if there is a “Buy Nothing Group” for your neighborhood. The Buy Nothing Project is a worldwide project for neighbors to give away items (or lend) completely FREE for their neighborhood only. I have gotten and given away tons of free stuff all the time. I have regularly seen requests for my neighborhood for people asking items for decorating kids rooms and people giving away stuff their kids have outgrown. Perhaps some of your neighbors may have decorations (or even furniture) you can use to decorate your kids room. Just an idea to think about.

Hey what a great idea. I’m supposed to be redecorating my 11 year old daughter’s room .. perhaps I can pass on some of her decor. Where are you located op?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 1:14 pm
You can get some nice wall stickers (transfers) from online and make a nice feature wall. Buy a nice matching light fitting, nice new bedding in the same colours...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 1:19 pm
My DD's room has mauve carpet and pink walls. Her furniture is white. I got pink linen from ikea that matches the walls/carpeting nicely. I took an old two-tier shelving unit from my parents' house and painted it white, and hung it on the wall. It's two wooden shelves that are connected. She has all her "chochkes" on it, and it makes the room look very girly.

We've also hung pictures in the room, a huge hooked-rug that we did, and a cute girly wooden hanging with pegs on it that she hangs her hoodies on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics