Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What’s it looking like in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:16 pm
Someone from a careful community who is being careful themselves wouldn’t really consider traveling to Brooklyn right now. It’s just not in the vocabulary.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:32 pm
Thanks to out of town weddings taking place in brooklyn and lakewood the numbers went up so please stay home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I am sick like a dog right now with Covid, in Brooklyn

Oh no refuah shleimah!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Mayor just announced that brooklyn zip codes of midwood, bp and Williamsburg have many cases. So, if you want to be careful, now is not the time to visit brooklyn

I just saw that thread, thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Someone from a careful community who is being careful themselves wouldn’t really consider traveling to Brooklyn right now. It’s just not in the vocabulary.

I didn’t know it shouldn’t be in my vocabulary. I didn’t realize what the situation was like. Thank u

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Thanks to out of town weddings taking place in brooklyn and lakewood the numbers went up so please stay home.

I ain’t makin a wedding!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live OOT where we bli ayin hara haven’t had any cases of Covid in our shul. Bhbhbhbhbh.
I have no clue what the situation is like in Brooklyn, and I’m considering going for part of sukkos. My whole community is being super careful and following all the rules. My whole family in Flatbush is not.
What’s the situation like? And is it worth the risk of going?

Don’t do it. You can see from all the other threads what is going on here. If I didn’t already live here, I wouldn’t be here either. I think we are the last people left in Brooklyn, who are still wearing masks and social distancing, and unfortunately, we know many people who are sick with this (including some who are walking around without masks). If you’ve been careful till now - why blow it on this? You can visit your family once this is over. Don’t come now!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:47 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Don’t do it. You can see from all the other threads what is going on here. If I didn’t already live here, I wouldn’t be here either. I think we are the last people left in Brooklyn, who are still wearing masks and social distancing, and unfortunately, we know many people who are sick with this (including some who are walking around without masks). If you’ve been careful till now - why blow it on this? You can visit your family once this is over. Don’t come now!

You know people with covid walking around without masks?? That's horrible!!

crl

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:49 pm
I went back to work in Brooklyn and it honestly feels like I hallucinated a pandemic. I’m the only one in the mask and everyone stares at me like I’m the crazy one.

malky800

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:51 pm
The NYC website says you have to quarantine from a list of states like IL and FL. Are people really quarantining or not listening?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:52 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I was at a Simcha last week (where we were the only ones in masks) and a girl (who had been feeling unwell for the past two days) who was at the same Simcha tested positive the next day 😕.

My daughter overheard a girl on the stairs at her school mention to her friend that she can’t taste or smell . . . There are no masks or social distancing at my daughter’s (Brooklyn) high school. . .

Do you need other examples? It is pretty horrible!!! (As noted above, we are still wearing masks, but we are generally the only ones, and as we did not have it and have no antibodies, we feel pretty unsafe. . .)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:12 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I was shocked from her post that people are walking around with Covid, period.

I can't believe the situation in NY is that the only shock is that they're not wearing a mask. They shouldn't be out and about at all if they have Covid!! Nor should any members of their family or anyone they've been in contact with recently.

Isn't this basics??

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:14 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I can't believe the situation in NY is that the only shock is that they're not wearing a mask. They shouldn't be out and about at all if they have Covid!! Nor should any members of their family or anyone they've been in contact with recently.

Isn't this basics??

Sadly not, in parts of NYC/NJ.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:20 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Isn't this basics??

Obviously! If you have covid stay home!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live OOT where we bli ayin hara haven’t had any cases of Covid in our shul. Bhbhbhbhbh.
I have no clue what the situation is like in Brooklyn, and I’m considering going for part of sukkos. My whole community is being super careful and following all the rules. My whole family in Flatbush is not.
What’s the situation like? And is it worth the risk of going?

Do not go. It’s high risk. Today it was announced Rabbi Lieff of agudah of Ave L has it, right after 2 other big rabbonim in Flatbush were diagnosed recently too... it’s all over the place.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The thing is, I don’t want to get it and, even worse, spread it. My family in Flatbush are not SD, not wearing masks, going to shul and simchas, not washing hands and purelling, having guests, etc.it

So if you know all that, you have your answer. What more do you need to know?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I am sick like a dog right now with Covid, in Brooklyn

Refuah shelaima.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Do not go. It’s high risk. Today it was announced Rabbi Lieff of agudah of Ave L has it, right after 2 other big rabbonim in Flatbush were diagnosed recently too... it’s all over the place.

Who are the other 2 big Rabbonim? Rabbi Scheinerman? And...?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:00 pm
Please don't go!!!!
I am in an OOT community where most of the people are still being careful, please don't go!!! I am petrified that many young couples are planning on going to NY/NJ for yom tov because "everyone there had it already" and "we're young, what's the big deal".
The BIG DEAL is them bringing it back here to us Sad

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:44 pm
To all those oot
Have you been tested for antibodies? Has anyone been not feeling well but thinking they don’t have enough symptoms?
How do you know some of you are not asymptotic carriers?
Just curious.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics