Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NYC COVID testing nightmare
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:08 pm
imasinger wrote:
Ugh, that's horrible! Refuah shleimah.

One of my nightmares about a surge is that more workers are needed to keep up with doing more testing, and therefore, maybe some of the testers are not experienced enough and are hurting people.

I'm hoping the saliva test is widely available and effective soon.

I remember how much I hated it when the ORL went into my nose when I was a child. nd he was equipped with a light and this special mirror and a thing to open the nostril, and he was sitting and I was sitting... and he could bow down to come from the bottom...

I can't image to let someone standing over me, not sitting, without light, without nostril opener, without expertise do this to me!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I’m so nervous, I have to get tested in a few weeks before I go to hospital to give birth.

Bshha tovah. My kids have been tested as required and it was fine.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does everyone know that test results are required to be reported and they can use tracking? I didn’t until today.

Of course. Duh. I corrected someone on another thread about this as well.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:44 pm
Yep, hi everyone amother mint from this thread here. My kid's ped says not to test. I say if you're sick stay home and otherwise theres no reason to know if it is or isn't covid. I got bashed there, gonna say it again here anyway.

Theres no law that you need to test but once you test you need to follow the law regarding your resulsts, so why are you going and looking for tzuris for yourself?

youngishbear

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
feel like this might scare ppl off from getting tested

hmm

There has been a lot of that lately

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:49 pm
The first time I tested I got a heavy nose bleed from it and my results were invalid. 2nd time they did it properly. If you lay down its less painful but the person has to know what they are doing or it hurts.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
If we live in America, we should follow the rules here. Halacha mandates that. If you don't like it, you're welcome to move. (Except you can't right now, because Americans have done such a shameful job at failing to stop Corona we're not allowed to go anywhere)

There's no law that says someone who is not feeling well must be tested.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:01 pm
OP, I am not a doctor but I have some medical experience. Your description of your experience concerns me, especially you feeling a pop and having fluid leak from your ear. Please go get checked out by a doctor to make sure that you're not leaking cerebral spinal fluid. If you can't do it today anymore then do it tomorrow, but if you start experiencing headaches tonight then head straight to an ER.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
OP, I am not a doctor but I have some medical experience. Your description of your experience concerns me, especially you feeling a pop and having fluid leak from your ear. Please go get checked out by a doctor to make sure that you're not leaking cerebral spinal fluid. If you can't do it today anymore then do it tomorrow, but if you start experiencing headaches tonight then head straight to an ER.

I always feel like I’m overreacting. Thanks for validating me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:20 pm
[quote="amother [ Blonde ]"]Yep, hi everyone amother mint from this thread here. My kid's ped says not to test. I say if you're sick stay home and otherwise theres no reason to know if it is or isn't covid. I got bashed there, gonna say it again here anyway.

Theres no law that you need to test but once you test you need to follow the law regarding your resulsts, so why are you going and looking for tzuris for yourself?[/quote

I tested for a specific reason not looking for tzuris 😷
Sorry you were bashed. I agree with your opinion about testing. There are asymptomatic people and those with mild symptoms which throws a wrench in the whole just stay home if you’re sick argument and such people usually live with family members resulting up in a grey area. I digress.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

This . My sister works in healthcare and she mentioned to me that there were patients who needed neuro surgery after receiving the Covid test because it punctured the little plate or whatever it is between the brain and the nose.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I always feel like I’m overreacting. Thanks for validating me.

I would not wait for this to happen. Isn't there a doctor that you can call?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:29 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
If we live in America, we should follow the rules here. Halacha mandates that. If you don't like it, you're welcome to move. (Except you can't right now, because Americans have done such a shameful job at failing to stop Corona we're not allowed to go anywhere)

Please stop spreading false torah and false information. There is no law that says you must test and that's not what it means to follow the laws of the land. I love how everyone just uses the words torah and halacha to convince people of their opinions.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Agreed! Our Urgent Care won’t test. I understand why. A few people I know tested positive and they are getting harassed almost every day. If you’re sick stay home. That’s all.

No. This is a selfish and irresponsible attitude. If you are not feeling get tested so you and those you came in contact with can quarantine.

Sorry that you had a bad experience op.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:22 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This . My sister works in healthcare and she mentioned to me that there were patients who needed neuro surgery after receiving the Covid test because it punctured the little plate or whatever it is between the brain and the nose.

Surprised IYH I won’t need this information. Crying

Boca00

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:27 pm
Ouch. Hope you feel better quickly.

Can you please share the testing center? I have a relative going to get tested in NY soon.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:36 pm
You need to call your doctors emergency line now.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:37 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Ouch. Hope you feel better quickly.

Can you please share the testing center? I have a relative going to get tested in NY soon.

Don't go to the city places. I pass some of them and the people seem bored and incompetent.
Go to Dr. Lapin's urgent care or Asisa urgent care.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:07 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Yep, hi everyone amother mint from this thread here. My kid's ped says not to test. I say if you're sick stay home and otherwise theres no reason to know if it is or isn't covid. I got bashed there, gonna say it again here anyway.

Theres no law that you need to test but once you test you need to follow the law regarding your resulsts, so why are you going and looking for tzuris for yourself?[/quote

I tested for a specific reason not looking for tzuris 😷
Sorry you were bashed. I agree with your opinion about testing. There are asymptomatic people and those with mild symptoms which throws a wrench in the whole just stay home if you’re sick argument and such people usually live with family members resulting up in a grey area. I digress.

Why would an asymptomatic person even go for testing??? I hope you're not saying we should all test ourselves daily?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:28 pm
Op, did you call your doctor?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics