Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My cleaning lady didn't show!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:17 pm
Cleaning lady worked quickly. I have no idea how well she cleaned but I'll consider it done. She managed to do the entryway and the steps and the other bathroom as well.

There was a stubborn sticky substance on the floor of the playroom. I asked DC to scrub it but it was too tough. So I sat down to attack it. It was a piece of foam with a sticky backing stuck to the floor. I have no idea how long it kept my kids entertained when they used it, but I don't think the time investment was worth it because I sat there and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed until it was all gone.

Now we're gonna head out on all the random errands: grocery, Judaica store for kippahs, maybe we'll get to the library before it closes. Kids don't have school tomorrow, so however long it takes, so be it.

Be back later!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:56 pm
Got back about 1.5 hours ago. BH successful in all the errands. We have new kippahs, 21 books for kids YT reading from the library, flowers for my simchas YT, and a bunch of last-minute ingredients from the grocery.

I unpacked everything, (put the kids to sleep), finished cooking something that was waiting for an ingredient, and now I'm resting.

I think I'm done for tonight. Maybe I'll still cover one more sukkah star DC finished today. Otherwise, tomorrow is another day! I think I deserve a hot bath.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:31 pm
OP it’s nice to hear that things b”H are coming together for you! I work and things have been crazy at work so tonight I have hours and hours of cleaning up the house before I can start on the cooking. Your thread got me in the mood to clean!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:46 pm
I'm glad to be a motivation for others. Keeping this thread updated sorta forced me to keep going to have what to report. I'm proud to say I'm in a yummy bath right now, after giving DH instructions on some heavy lifting jobs.

I also told him that I can't hang noy sukkah so last minute, and that he's more than welcome to do it. I said if the sukkah would have been done by the beginning of the week, I'd do it. He said he can't work so in advance. LOL Well then there was my instant reply: If he can't build the sukkah in advance, I can't hang the noy sukkah last minute. Wink Hopefully he'll do it tomorrow. I'm not sure my kids are old enough to do it on their own.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:48 pm
Tomorrow's to do list:

Clean kitchen - counters, stovetop, cabinets, floor
Sweep and mop dining room and living room floor
Sweep bedrooms
Arrange flowers
Cook two more things
If I have time, quick wipe-down of the inside of the fridge

silverlining3

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 1:12 am
OP, I love your spirit.

Glad that your house is in order. Enjoy Your guest

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 9:20 am
Good morning!

DH claims I moved yesterday more than I did since I got pregnant, and that I'm working too hard. My response: I got no choice. He did clean up the kitchen clutter before going to sleep at 3 am after finishing the sukkah.

I already arranged the flowers and sorted the loads for laundry. (I forgot to put that on my list yesterday.) Thankfully the kids took themselves a quick breakfast.

Now I'm doing my long morning coffee break before I tackle the day.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 11:37 am
Update: Washed one side of the kitchen - sink, counters, stovetop.
Made the two foods on the other counter.
Transferred laundry loads.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 12:17 pm
I think this thread is how imamother should always be.
Validating, positive, motivating!!!

I'm inspired too!
(Did two loads of laundry today, and bc of this thread, wiped my very grimy cabinet doors and drawers!!!)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 3:38 pm
Dunno if anyone is still reading but here goes:

I finished the other side of the kitchen - stovetop, counters, sink. Wiped down the table and all the cabinets. I managed to do a quick wipe of the fridge shelves. I saw the drawers are dirty but chose to ignore those Wink. In the freezer, I ripped off the silver foil lining that's still there from Pesach (!) and wiped the front visible part of the shelves. I even wiped down some walls, not washed them the way I would like but they definitely look more impressive than before. Swept the kitchen floor, and DH is washing it. I swept the rest of the floors of the main living area and gave up on getting them washed today.

Kids are hanging up the noy sukkah. Never underestimate what they can do! It's far from how I like it, but I couldn't care less at this point.

Transferred another two loads (into washing machine and from washing machine to dryer), and now I'm sitting down to fold them.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 4:12 pm
Yes!! I refused to do decorations this year. My kids hung them up.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dunno if anyone is still reading but here goes:

I finished the other side of the kitchen - stovetop, counters, sink. Wiped down the table and all the cabinets. I managed to do a quick wipe of the fridge shelves. I saw the drawers are dirty but chose to ignore those Wink. In the freezer, I ripped off the silver foil lining that's still there from Pesach (!) and wiped the front visible part of the shelves. I even wiped down some walls, not washed them the way I would like but they definitely look more impressive than before. Swept the kitchen floor, and DH is washing it. I swept the rest of the floors of the main living area and gave up on getting them washed today.

Kids are hanging up the noy sukkah. Never underestimate what they can do! It's far from how I like it, but I couldn't care less at this point.

Transferred another two loads (into washing machine and from washing machine to dryer), and now I'm sitting down to fold them.

I loved your thread. Wishing you a simchos Yom tov. Rest up and enjoy your guest!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics