Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Washing Walls?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you wash your walls and cabinets?
Of course!  
 20%  [ 60 ]
This is a thing?  
 12%  [ 36 ]
If I have time  
 14%  [ 42 ]
I spot clean splatter as needed/wipe off a shmear when needed  
 54%  [ 162 ]
Total Votes : 300

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:33 pm
Sure! The wall, banisters, moldings, cabinets, fridge, and fridge door all get washed/ cleaned every now and then.

Walls and cabinets every 4 - 6 weeks.

Fridge every 2 - 3 weeks.

Banister and moldings every now and then when I can't take the maiunt of dirt anymore!

This is besides for spot cleaning when needed...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:33 pm
I do the moldings/base boards. The walls I spot clean as necessary since the matte paint is delicate.
Cabinets I do all the time.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:38 pm
I know people who thoroughly wash their walls and ceilings down for Pesach, or even repaint/white wash.

Not having little ones at home, my walls stay pretty clean. I only have to clean the backsplash in my kitchen on a regular basis.

The bane of my existence if the floor. I have to sweep at least twice a day, and sponga at least once a day.

1. I tend to spill things, because I have muscle tremors and spasms. I knock stuff over all the time, usually my coffee, or a pot of soup.

2. I have a dog who sheds twice her body weight, every day, 365 days a year. I kid you not. I've never seen such a small dog produce so much hair in my life! I have two cats, but they don't shed a ton, just the normal amount.

3. I have shiny white tile, that shows up every single microscopic speck.

If you put all that together, it's like having a house with 10 kids in it. (Really furry kids. LOL )

ecs

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:40 pm
watergirl wrote:
Nope. My walls are painted with semi-gloss paint. No smudges or fingerprints.

Mine are semi-gloss as well but they still get smudged and my baseboards get scuff marks.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:57 pm
I understand it might be tempting to skip it just this once because we're busy ironing the cabbage leaves and dismantling and reweaving the schach mats to check for bugs, but do it anyway.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:21 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I understand it might be tempting to skip it just this once because we're busy ironing the cabbage leaves and dismantling and reweaving the schach mats to check for bugs, but do it anyway.

Iolololol LOL

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:26 pm
imasoftov wrote:

cracking up

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:28 pm
I wash my cabinets every week for Shabbos. They're white and need to have that weekly washing down. It's part of wiping down the countertops, shining the sink, and washing the floor.
Kitchen walls about once a month. Inside of fridge gets a quick wipe down once a month or once every two months and a deep cleaning for Pesach.
Hallway, dining room and living room walls about 3 times a year, once before Pesach and then usually once in the summer (all that ices and chalky hands) and once more about Sukkos time, usually after YT when the house feels like it was overrun by dirt.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:32 pm
imasoftov wrote:
LOL LOL LOL

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:33 pm
What does it mean to wash walls? How do you do that?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:42 pm
ecs wrote:
Don't your walls get fingerprints and smudges? Drives me crazy

Yep and I hate it.

But what I hate more is the scribbling on the walls. Grr.

mum22

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:45 pm
I don’t wash
I gently wipe down with a damp cloth.
Or gentle rubbing

Nothing as vigorous or wet as washing sounds. Lol.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I do the moldings/base boards. The walls I spot clean as necessary since the matte paint is delicate.
Cabinets I do all the time.

What do you use to wash the cabinets? Soap and water? Cleaning spray?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
What do you use to wash the cabinets? Soap and water? Cleaning spray?

Keep the rag just damp and use just a bit of cleaner.

If cabinets are a wood stain with finish, use a splash of Murphy Oil Soap diluted in water. Immerse rag in solution, wring out until just damp. Wash with damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.

If the wood cabinets have a paint finish, make a soft rag wet with water and wring out until just damp. Set aside. Put just a tiny drop of dishsoap in your palm; spread between both palms of your hands. Rub evenly into damp rag. Wash cabinets with the damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:21 pm
Cabinets, once a week or in 2 weeks. Yes, they get dirty and sticky.
Walls, every now and then with magic eraser. Yes, it's that magic.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 7:57 am
ecs wrote:
Don't your walls get fingerprints and smudges? Drives me crazy

No. My husband doesn’t let anyone touch the walls. I’ve never washed them since we moved in and painted 4+ years ago.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:02 am
imasoftov wrote:

You may laugh, but "kashering schach" is actually a thing in Israel this year. My FB feed is flooded with people offering services to fumigate your schach in order to make it "kosher".

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:21 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
You may laugh, but "kashering schach" is actually a thing in Israel this year. My FB feed is flooded with people offering services to fumigate your schach in order to make it "kosher".

PLEASE tell me you are kidding.

Moonlight

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:34 am
A camp rented my new basement for a week. Big mistake. It was freshly painted.
They colored all over the walls and handprints etc. It makes me so sad. The counselor tried to wash one area with magic eraser but it just looks like a big stain.
Advice? I feel like I have to paint again.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:36 am
Moonlight wrote:
A camp rented my new basement for a week. Big mistake. It was freshly painted.
They colored all over the walls and handprints etc. It makes me so sad. The counselor tried to wash one area with magic eraser but it just looks like a big stain.
Advice? I feel like I have to paint again.

The camp has to pay you for the painting.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics