Home

Has anyone heard of the Yiddish girl name Dicha?
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
[דבורה] מסתמא בוי"ו כי כן מצינו בדבורה הנביאה נכתב מלא ברוב המקומות גם במבטא הוא כאלו היה מלא כן הוא דעת רוב הפוסקים ואם נכתב חסר כשר אפילו לא ניתן עדיין ינתן לכתחילה ס"ש [דאברוש] או [דאברושא] אינו נגזר מלשון טוב אלא נגזר משם דבורה. וכתב מהרש"ל דא"צ לכתוב שם [דאברוש] אא"כ כשהוא שם העריסה למ"ש לעיל צריך לכתוב שם שניהם דהא הנקודות אינן שוין [דבורה] המ' [אזגלין] המ' [דוואסא] כן כותבים ברוסי' בד"א [דינא] ביו"ד ואין צריך לכתוב המ' [דינקא] בד"א. ולמ"ש לעיל שפיר דנקודות שוין הם [דיילא] בשני יודין [דרחזנא] אם קורין הרי"ש בקמץ [דרזנא] אם קורין הרי"ש בפתח [דרעזיל] מסתמא ביו"ד [דראזיל] דמתקריא [רוזא] ס"ש: דרנא דראשנא דולסא דייאמנטי. אם מרגישים דנדגשין היודין כותבין בשני יודין ואם אין היודין נדגשים ונרגשין כותבים יו"ד א' ס"ש וכתב לכתחלה עדיף טפי לכתוב באלף אחר המ"ם והאלף מורה על פתח [דישיאדא] או [דיזיאדא] ותלי' במבטא: דיליקאדא דונא דייבא דושיל.

There it is. Dishel if it is pronounced that way. Disha is fine too. This sefer has Faiga as Faigel. This is the Bais Shmuel on names. Looks like it is one of many derivatives of Devorah.


What an absolutely amazing resource. Thank you so much for sharing.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
[דבורה] מסתמא בוי"ו כי כן מצינו בדבורה הנביאה נכתב מלא ברוב המקומות גם במבטא הוא כאלו היה מלא כן הוא דעת רוב הפוסקים ואם נכתב חסר כשר אפילו לא ניתן עדיין ינתן לכתחילה ס"ש [דאברוש] או [דאברושא] אינו נגזר מלשון טוב אלא נגזר משם דבורה. וכתב מהרש"ל דא"צ לכתוב שם [דאברוש] אא"כ כשהוא שם העריסה למ"ש לעיל צריך לכתוב שם שניהם דהא הנקודות אינן שוין [דבורה] המ' [אזגלין] המ' [דוואסא] כן כותבים ברוסי' בד"א [דינא] ביו"ד ואין צריך לכתוב המ' [דינקא] בד"א. ולמ"ש לעיל שפיר דנקודות שוין הם [דיילא] בשני יודין [דרחזנא] אם קורין הרי"ש בקמץ [דרזנא] אם קורין הרי"ש בפתח [דרעזיל] מסתמא ביו"ד [דראזיל] דמתקריא [רוזא] ס"ש: דרנא דראשנא דולסא דייאמנטי. אם מרגישים דנדגשין היודין כותבין בשני יודין ואם אין היודין נדגשים ונרגשין כותבים יו"ד א' ס"ש וכתב לכתחלה עדיף טפי לכתוב באלף אחר המ"ם והאלף מורה על פתח [דישיאדא] או [דיזיאדא] ותלי' במבטא: דיליקאדא דונא דייבא דושיל.

There it is. Dishel if it is pronounced that way. Disha is fine too. This sefer has Faiga as Faigel. This is the Bais Shmuel on names. Looks like it is one of many derivatives of Devorah.


What is the name of this Sefer? I would love to be able to access it.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is the name of this Sefer? I would love to be able to access it.


Beis Shmuel on Ibin Haezer Shemos and then you can choose men, women, etc. That's definitely Dishel/Dushel not Doishel.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Beis Shmuel on Ibin Haezer Shemos and then you can choose men, women, etc. That's definitely Dishel/Dushel not Doishel.


Thank you!!! Do you have a link to it online by any chance?
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:53 pm
Dosil. Ladino. No?
Back to top

realsilver




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 13 2020, 3:57 pm
I know a dacha. Ch like chani
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post  Tue, Oct 13 2020, 4:02 pm
My grandfather's mother was Chana Deichah, pronounced with a satmerer tzeirei.
Back to top

amother




Blush
 

Post  Wed, Oct 21 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
In general, my observation has been that many yiddish names were nicknames for hebrew ones and don't necessarily have meaning- Basya/Batya became a Slavic Basha, Devorah- Dvasha, Dobrush much like our Huvy, Kikki, Rikki, Miri (sometimes), Itcha, Beri etc. will be analyzed in 100 years.


doba dobrush good
huvy no idea seems like ahava but modern then
don't now kiki
dicha Beider gives as thriving
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Would this name fly in regular frum society? 35 Today at 10:54 pm View last post
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
by amother
1292 Today at 8:17 pm View last post
S/O Last Letter First Name 480 Today at 4:11 pm View last post
Last Letter Name a Place 798 Today at 3:11 pm View last post
Molino Flour Recipes, Anyone?
by amother
11 Today at 12:55 pm View last post