Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I may have made a mistake on unemployment certifying

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:14 am
My husband is on unemployment since March and we've been certifying weekly. One of the questions is are you receiving pension - which we are not. There is also mention in that question of PUA general. I have no idea what that is but I've been answering no to that question. I realize now that being that my husband is an independent contractor maybe he received the $600 for that. I don't know - I am totally confused and now extremely worried that I messed up. I did at one point get a lump sump of $5000 into our account from PUA - but didn't realize that question was related to that payment. This is so confusing and I am worried that I messed up. Can someone please help me.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:28 am
If your dh is self employed he should be getting PUA, not UI. If he gets a W-2 he’s not self employed. If he gets a 1099 he probably is. If he files a schedule C he is.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:30 am
just to clarify this is in nj

hello12341

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 7:56 am
Don't worry, that's not what that question is referring to. It lists all your employers there to ask if you are getting a pension from any of them. If you are on PUA, it just says PUA General Fund there. The answer is still no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics