Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Wondering about like-minded Chassidish women in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you
Agree  
 42%  [ 46 ]
Disagree  
 36%  [ 39 ]
Nuanced Other Opinion explained below  
 21%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 108

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:01 pm
Yeshivish women from Brooklyn here

That Covid is serious. Yes but not so serious as to warrant closing down shul, schools and non essential business. Other safety precautions should be in place

That we do not have herd immunity yet. Apparently not.

That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically. Corona is not political. The response mostly is. The government and media is also making the risk in frum communities a lot worse by having turned it into an "us against them" issue

That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily.Agree

That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted).Vehemently disagree

That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews. Agree. Not all anti-Semites are like Greeks or Germans. Certainly not at first,

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:07 pm
nchr wrote:
Never have we held so much power and been so spoiled.

Obviously Hitler disagreed with you. He said Jews have "Jew privilege" that needed to be eradicated and the current anti-semitic govt in NY calls it "white privilege" that needs to be eradicated. They are just removing our Jewish label and calling us "white" to justify the same old anti-semitism (perhaps even worse than the Nazis who at least admitted they are targeting us for being Jewish) Banging head Crying

asmileaday

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:15 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yeshivish lady from Brooklyn here

That Covid is serious. Yes but not so serious as to warrant closing down shul, schools and non essential business. Other safety precautions should be in place

That we do not have herd immunity yet. Apparently not.

That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically. Corona is not political. The response mostly is. The government and media is also making the risk a lot worse by having turned it into an "us against them" issue

That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily.Agree

That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted).Vehemently disagree

That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews. Agree. Not all anti-Semites are like or Greeks or Germans. Certainly not at first,

I agree with this.
And the media talk all day how we should be terrified of covid isn't helpful either. It just makes people paranoid. I'm rarely hearing talk about what to do if you get covid, what vitamins you can take to help you (during or preventive) what available treatments are out there and what is being worked on (in a non political way!).
And if you'll link me an article that does discuss those- that's not what I mean. I've been in a quite a few dr.s offices the last few weeks and all you hear playing on tv from all different news channels is how scared you should be, again and again and again, and just wear your mask.
There's now to covid than that.

nchr

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Obviously Hitler disagreed with you. He said Jews have "Jew privilege" that needed to be eradicated and the current anti-semitic govt in NY calls it "white privilege" that needs to be eradicated. They are just removing our Jewish label and calling us "white" to justify the same old anti-semitism (perhaps even worse than the Nazis who at least admitted they are targeting us for being Jewish) Banging head Crying

How can Hitler disagree with me? (ETA - Regardless that is a compliment- why would I want Hitler to agree with me?) See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....odwin's law (or Godwin's rule,Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

We have so much power here it's unbelievable. No one in NY govt want to eradicate white privilege since the leaders benefit from it lol. And they all want our votes so we stay in control. When not control it'smore live and let live but there is no where in the world where we have so much as in NYS. Keep banging your head and crying (those were your emojis) it will definitely help you and is a productive behavior...

Last edited by nchr on Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:30 pm
nchr wrote:
How can Hitler disagree with me? He's been dead for years. We have so much power here it's unbelievable. No one in NY govt want to eradicate white privilege since the leaders benefit from it lol. And they all want our votes so we stay in control. When not control it'smore live and let live but there is no where in the world where we have so much as in NYS. Keep banging your head and crying (those were your emojis) it will definitely help you and is a productive behavior...

Do you really believe this or is it something you want or were told to think?

For starters, We have unbelievable power in NY?

Elaborate on our unbelievable power, please. Be specific!

Then we can discuss some of your other claims

First Lady

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:38 pm
A

Last edited by First Lady on Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

crust

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:52 pm
First Lady wrote:
Would you be able to direct me to her post? I'm very interested to see it. Thanks.

I don't know on which thread it was.

Btw, somehow my post isn't qouted accurately in your post.

I did not write the last few paragraphs and I would appreciate if you can correct it.

Thanks Smile

First Lady

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:59 pm
crust wrote:

Btw, somehow my post isn't qouted accurately in your post.

I did not write the last few paragraphs and I would appreciate if you can correct it.

Thanks Smile

Oops. Not sure what happened there. I fixed it.

First Lady

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:02 pm
crust wrote:

Ok. If anyone else does I'd love to see it. I'm finding myself being pulled more and more to conspiracy theories and I'd love to hear Fox's take on it.

pause

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:09 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I'm curious how alone I am in my views.

That Covid is serious
That we do not have herd immunity yet
That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically
That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)
That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews

Covid is serious but not as serious as the media is making it out to be. Most people are fine with it.

That we do not have herd immunity yet - obviously.

That the response to Covid is not all political - It most definitely is since day one when Cuomo and DeBozo were fighting over NYC school closures like two babies fighting over a toy. Besides their stupid power play, whatever someone from one political party says, everyone from the other party has to disagree whether it makes sense or not. Too many examples to list here.

That we ought to take more precautions - agree, but I figure we'd differ on what those precautions ought to be. I don't think much of mask mandates.

The response is definitely antisemitic in practice even if not in intention.

Nothing like the Greeks. Germans? Um... It's a bit too close to home. The political climate in this country makes me fearful of our red ghetto-like zones. The rhetoric of "dirty Jew" is a bit too similar.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:45 pm
Skeptically agree mostly. If COVID was seriously going around again the hospitals would have more people. Percentages are flawed by sample size. It would have saved a lot of outside skepticism in the newsworthy communities if rebbeim would have been tougher and pleaded sooner. Jews being denied first amendment rights by an executive order after allowing so much of the same for other races tells me we are being targeted. Nothing would be sufficient for me to conclude Jews were being targeted if I didn’t see it now. Some people just don’t want to see.

nchr

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Do you really believe this or is it something you want or were told to think?

For starters, We have unbelievable power in NY?

Elaborate on our unbelievable power, please. Be specific!

Then we can discuss some of your other claims

Yes, I believe that and deal with it regularly. We have a large voter base and that gives us control. We're a unified group who can accomplish a lot. It is both positive and negative, but has caused us to behave entitled recently and in manners frum Jewish individuals never have and never should behave. I also think in some instances we're definitely judged unfairly but that will help to any insular group because there is no way for ppl to understand us socially. Anyways, before we do something we should ask a shaila.

Last edited by nchr on Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:07 pm
nchr wrote:
Yes, I believe that and deal with it regularly. We have a large voter base and that gives us control. We're a unified group who can accomplish a lot. It is both positive and negative, but has caused us to behave entitled recently and in manners frum Jewish individuals never have and never should behave. Before we do something we should ask a shaila.

I asked you to give specific examples of your claim that we have unbelievable power in NY.

Not repeat your previously stated beliefs

nchr

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:09 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I asked you to be specific about your claim that we have unbelievable power in NYS.

Not repeat your previously stated beliefs

I stated it. We have a huge block vote.
Other things I will not post on a forum but you can PM me.
Is there something in this community we aren't getting that we want or where we've been held accountable on a grand scale?
It's true - Cuomo doesn't do favors, just turns a blind eye.
But until now, when have we not gotten what we needed or been told no but allowed to anyways?

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 5:04 pm
nchr wrote:
I stated it. We have a huge block vote.
Other things I will not post on a forum but you can PM me.
Is there something in this community we aren't getting that we want or where we've been held accountable on a grand scale?
It's true - Cuomo doesn't do favors, just turns a blind eye.
But until now, when have we not gotten what we needed or been told no but allowed to anyways?

Getting away with our secular studies "system." Metzitzeh b'peh.

Just two examples off the top of my head.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:43 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I was feeling isolated within my little world. Feel free to post your view.

I’ll reply without voting then - so as not to skew your results.

Yeshivish in Brooklyn here. I agree with you, and I’m feeling isolated in my world too.

Laiya

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:40 pm
First Lady wrote:
Ok. If anyone else does I'd love to see it. I'm finding myself being pulled more and more to conspiracy theories and I'd love to hear Fox's take on it.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....06085

veiznisht

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:44 pm
Hi. Yes I'm here, in BP. I don't think schools should be shut though, shuls yes(weather has been beautiful everyone could easily daven outside).

DREAMING

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:51 pm
Zehava wrote:
No I don’t think they’re trying to stop us from learning Torah. I do think we make an easy target. I also think we make it way easier by not giving a **** about the rules. I think if we bring on a second wave the antisemitism will be terrifying. I also think that the actual danger of young healthy adults and children dying from this is minimal right now and doesn’t justify us living in paranoia locked in our homes. I also think walking down the street in masks is stupid but so is humongous indoor gatherings.

Agree

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:59 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I do believe covid is a threat and we need to do anything in our power to limit the spread BUT I think we Chasiddish women have to start standing up for ourselves on this site. So many threads here are opened up just to bash and hate on us .

When do you feel "bashed" and "hated"?

Somehow, I don't get it...

So many people on this site use extremely derogatory terms about politicians (compare them to nazis), about liberals (the term "liberal" in itself is used as an insult), about chilonim, about the general population, about minorities in the US (hispanics, black people) and even more users approve of posts that contain such derogatory terms...

Why do you think it is legitimate to call De Blasio a Nazi, but not to say that it is irresponsable, criminally reckless, to organise regular simchat torah dancing as usual during a pandemic?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics