Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you caught covid but your spouse didn’t (or vice verse)
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:46 pm
If you caught covid but your spouse didn’t (or vice verse), how did live together. 100% normal, total isolation with positive person in room until negative. Intimate? Spent time together but far apart?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you caught covid but your spouse didn’t (or vice verse), how did live together. 100% normal, total isolation with positive person in room until negative. No sx, yes sx? Spent time together but far apart?

It was March.
We relied on germ theory. Separate hand and bath towels (lots of paper towels). I didn't prepare food for the family. When I did I wore masks and gloves. I didn't cough around them. Kept washing my hands. Slept in my separate bed. Was not intimate nor affectionate with hugs.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:00 pm
My husband got it march. I didn't.
I left him the master bedroom and slept in kids room.
My husband didn't leave his room(with his own bathroom)for the first 4 days! The 4th day was friday and I was overwhelmed, he was feeling much better and came out of his room with mask and gloves to help!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:00 pm
Honestly (as someone who had covid) I’m
Shocked that sx is even being considered. My husband and I didn’t separate because he had now where to go. We live in a tiny apartment but if he had another room to go into of course he would have gone. We have one couch, one table, so we had to share that but we minimized germs anyway we could. We didn’t touch at all. We wore masks as much as possible. We basically kept as much distance as we could. Sx was not on either of our radars at all

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you caught covid but your spouse didn’t (or vice verse), how did live together. 100% normal, total isolation with positive person in room until negative. Intimate? Spent time together but far apart?

100% normal
DH - tested positive - quarantined for 10 days
I tested negative - quarantined for 14 days
Intimate- yes but only when he felt good

gande

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:04 pm
Dh had it I didnt isolate at all drank from his cup and didnt get it (or maybe got it without symptoms.)
I know someone who was extremely careful and her family got it anyways.

Its really hard with family to prevent the spread.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
100% normal
DH - tested positive - quarantined for 10 days
I tested negative - quarantined for 14 days
Intimate- yes but only when he felt good
you mean you quarantined together?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:07 pm
I had it pretty bad on no one in the house caught it. I was around the house normal, wasn't in isolation.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:09 pm
Not me.
Coworker husband and two sons had it. Did not quarantine from them. Meaning went on as usual. Husband actually ended up in the hospital but bh is ok today. She tested herself a hunch of times, always negative and no antibodies. Her doctor says she probably won't ever get it. (He has antibodies)

My friend husband had it also didn't quarantine. Live in small apt. She tested negative without antibodies, he has antibodies. Same situation for my cousin.

There are many stories of one spouse getting it and the other not.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:13 pm
I'm trying to understand how we can say this virus is so contagious that you have to mask up for even the shortest interactions (passing someone in the street)

But that just because one person in your house had it does not mean anyone else will.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:14 pm
Dh got it and we weren't careful at all (we thought it was hopeless anyways as we live in a tiny apartment, one bathroom...) No one caught it from him. Kids and I have no antibodies only dh does.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I'm trying to understand how we can say this virus is so contagious that you have to mask up for even the shortest interactions (passing someone in the street)

But that just because one person in your house
had it does not mean anyone else will.

Maybe O+ blood type?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:25 pm
My son just had it. Figured if we had to quarantine, might as well get it. We all ate from his plate. No one caught it. No antibodies Sad

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:32 pm
We weren’t intimate but I isn’t isolate from him either. No antibodies. I do have type o blood, idk if there’s anything to that theory though.

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:34 pm

But that just because one person in your house had it does not mean anyone else will.

Because the probability can be high but not 100%.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:38 pm

It's a strange virus.

Apparently, there are superspreaders who tend to give it to everyone within their circle and beyond, and others who barely share their germs.

Problem is, we haven't figured out who's who, yet.

https://www.scientificamerican.....ead1/

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:41 pm
Dh got sick 2 weeks before pesach. He didn’t leave the guest suite the entire time. I left food and water and fresh boxers outside his door, and then I sprayed down the door with amonia after he opened it to get his stuff.
I took care of the kids and zoom school and cleaning and pesach prep alllllll by myself. Bh I was feeling ok the whole time! We couldn’t have done it if both of us were sick!

aimhabanim

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Dh got sick 2 weeks before pesach. He didn’t leave the guest suite the entire time. I left food and water and fresh boxers outside his door, and then I sprayed down the door with amonia after he opened it to get his stuff.
I took care of the kids and zoom school and cleaning and pesach prep alllllll by myself. Bh I was feeling ok the whole time! We couldn’t have done it if both of us were sick!

Super woman 😀!!!!!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:49 pm
I got it at the end of March. By the time we realized it was covid we figured it was too late to isolate me. We slept in the same bed as usual and he took care of me checking my oxygen, giving me to eat and drink etc.. (I had a really bad case). No masks (but then again this was when they were telling us masks didn't work). We all stayed home because everything was on lockdown anyways.

He had zero symptoms. And when we tested for antibodies he didn't have any while mine were sky high What

He has been exposed since then to someone who tested positive the next day (yes, quarantined for two weeks) who multiple people caught it from so that person was definitely infectious. No symptoms at all b"h. I want to check him for antibodies again but who knows. And no, his blood type is B not O.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:07 pm
He had it in March. We slept in same bedroom, didn’t isolate. Didn’t wear masks. We were home together with kids the whole time, no one else got it. No one else has antibodies but him. No one else had any symptoms.

It’s confusing.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics