Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
S/o what 2 eat if don't lose unless under 1000 calorie a day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:28 pm
If you have trouble losing weight unless your calories are less than 1000 calories a day, what do you eat? In case you think I'm exaggerating I've tried all calorie amounts and I dont lose unless I eat very little and low carb. My thyroid hormones and TSH are normal but sometimes I wonder if there is something else at play. I ate a lot over yt and need to be more restrictive. Please send me your food plans or what you eat when you're trying to lose weight. Tia!

lamplighter

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:31 pm
I think you should try working with a registered dietitian.

1000 calories is really very little.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:39 pm
Read the obesity code by Jason Fung. It’s not only the calories in what you eat, it’s when you eat and what type of calories they are.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:01 pm
sadly my body is the same. I'm struggling to find the motivation and figure out where to start on low/no carb, but I'm desperate. I saw 3 RD's and they all recommended low/no carb for me too.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:01 pm
A big salad for lunch and dinner with a low calorie protein. Breakfast can be greek yogurt and fruit. It’s tough but manageable.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you have trouble losing weight unless your calories are less than 1000 calories a day, what do you eat? In case you think I'm exaggerating I've tried all calorie amounts and I dont lose unless I eat very little and low carb. My thyroid hormones and TSH are normal but sometimes I wonder if there is something else at play. I ate a lot over yt and need to be more restrictive. Please send me your food plans or what you eat when you're trying to lose weight. Tia!

a few questions: do you have a petite build? are you actually overweight or do you have a normal BMI? how do you know your exact calorie intake; do you weigh and measure your food? do you exercise?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:07 pm
I found these healthy muffins in the freezer in evergreen, they're like 150 calories each.
I'm very sensitive to sugar, I get low blood sugar very easily, and I was on no carb for a few years, I decided to try incorporating healthy carbs and I feel so much better!!
I also found this pasta that's low calorie, high fiber and high protein, with marinara sauce, 1 tbs. milk and a bit of low calorie shredded cheese, it's a meal for 290 calories (I microwave it all together in a bowl, it's yummy and creamy like baked ziti.
I'll also have a whole wheat bagel, scooped out, with tuna and vegetables. It's like 450 calories for a meal, not so bad....
Also, I've heard exercise brings your metabolism up, is there some type of movement you like- ballet, kickboxing, brisk walking, swimming....they may all help and then you can consume 1200 calories a day and still lose....

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:09 pm
Not endorsing the 1000 and under diet, but if I were doing it then I would imagine munching on as much low cal - high fiber raw veggies as I could stand would keep my mouth busy and feel like a high volume of food at least.

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:10 pm
Salads

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:10 pm
I would eat more calories and up the exercise.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:19 pm
Maybe a protein shake made with almond milk and a little peanut butter for lunch. Designer protein whey protein is good but not chalav yisroel. I used to make them and they kept me full for a while.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:24 pm
There’s someThing called reverse dieting, you gradually increase your calorie intake each week by about 50 calories. It’s supposed to boost you metabolism so you could eat more calories and lose weight. Maybe look into it.

self-actualization

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 6:38 am
Start with having 8 cups of water/seltzer/Crystal light every day. No carbs past lunch. No food past 8 pm. Write down everything. That should jump start your weight loss.

Counting calories is not enough. It’s also about food quality - high fiber breakfast, protein at every meal (eggs, fish, chicken, frozen falafel balls), lots of fruits and vegetables.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 6:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You should not go under 1000 cal per day.

You should rather increase physical activity, even if you don't lose weight, because good physical shape is a better predictor of morbidity and fatality than obesity...

So if your weight keeps you from exercising on land, go swimming or Aquagymming or Aquajogging...

But don't try to keep under 1400 cal per day... Rather do 500-1000 cal of exercise per day...

"Low carb" can be good nutrition as long as you include an unlimited amount of veggies, which are 80-97% water, and the rest ist mostly carb...

So what I did was:

Breakfast: Müesli (oats, milk, yoghurt, 200g fresh fruit)

main meals:
Start with veggie soup or salad.

Main course: either "stir fry" with a protein (fish or chickenbreast or tofu) and 4-5 kinds of veggies (for example: onion, garlick, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli)

Snacks: Hot drink (without sugar) or raw veggies (carrot stick, cucumber, bell pepper, celery stalks, kohlrabi, tomatoes, radish, etc.)

I allowed myself 100 cal of sweets (1 row of chocolate) per day...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:29 am
Some people don't lose over a low number. People will tell you it doesn't exist.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:32 am
Cut all gluten, sugar, rice, potatoes.

Eat just till you are full and no more. Don't eat out of boredom or frustration.

Try to eat when you are hungry, and eat till full. Don't snack all day. You shouldn't be spiking your insulin 15 times a day.

This should work.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:41 pm
Odelyah wrote:
a few questions: do you have a petite build? are you actually overweight or do you have a normal BMI? how do you know your exact calorie intake; do you weigh and measure your food? do you exercise?
not petite. average build. BMI is in the high 20s. I did weigh my food once to get an approximate for what I eat. I usually exercise but not strenuously and not every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise