Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
AMI Neturai Karta article
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:57 am
Well, AMI accomplished what they wanted,
Here we are talking about them.

malki2

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was totally shocked when I read this article. The article portrays neturai karta as tzaddikim and talmudai chachamim who just have a different shitta. I’m sorry but these people are responsible for the murder of so many Jews. I feel sick to my stomach every time I see a picture of them arm in arm with Arab terrorists. Very upset that ami printed such a thing.

I’m not standing up for the NK, but can you back up this claim? Using numbers if possible?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
It left out some very pertinent details. I won't state them here, but do some research on your own about what was found on Arafat's data after he died, about this working relationship.

I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about them (and not in a good way :/ - I have too many family members part of them Can't Believe It ) but I dont think I know what you are referring to. Can you share?

To OP - this is a magazine who posted about Lev Tahor in a good light - are you really shocked?

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:23 pm
I read the article I was shocked that they could print and glorify a man who vowed to and carried out murder of Jewish people. Disgusting man and certainly not worth writing anything good about him!!

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:27 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
I read the article I was shocked that they could print and glorify a man who vowed to and carried out murder of Jewish people. Disgusting man and certainly not worth writing anything good about him!!

Source?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:29 pm
It was interesting to read about the history but I did feel like the daughter defended her father a lot as well as her family choices. She spoke about difficulty with shidduchim etc but made it seem like others were the bad guys

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Actually I know the daughter personally and she is a very cute lady. Althought I didn't know before who her father is. When we told her about the interview she said she didn't know they are gonna publish it in such a well-known publication... I don't think she was mamash defending what her father did. But just that she was always very respecting of her father....

That doesn't make sense. When a reporter for a magazine comes and interviews you, you can be sure that it will be published in that magazine.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about them (and not in a good way :/ - I have too many family members part of them Can't Believe It ) but I dont think I know what you are referring to. Can you share?

To OP - this is a magazine who posted about Lev Tahor in a good light - are you really shocked?

Follow the $ trail....
Hirsch admitted it himself in a 1994 interview. I won't give details but I think that gives you enough of a lead to do your own research.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:38 pm
I was shocked at the article as well, even coming from the Ami who is known to have no Journalistic standards.
I felt like they glorified someone who is an open hater of Israel.
The Ami is really a garbage magazine, known for the worst writing.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Well, AMI accomplished what they wanted,
Here we are talking about them.

I think they take "there's no such thing as bad publicity" to a whole new level. And yet, how many of you would ACTUALLY stop buying the magazine just because of this article? I'm guessing the number is miniscule. They write whatever they want because they can get away with it. And they do.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:53 pm
I thought it was interesting. We already know the cr@p about NK. It was a human interest story to hear from the inside. It didn't change my opinion about NK a bit. Didn't soften me up to their way. So why the outrage at the article?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:54 pm
I'm all for opinions but NK isn't "just an antizionist group" it goes further than that. I know personally a few of them incl one sadlty famous and a ""rebbetzin"". I'm very opened but I put an end to this contact (my friend was engaged to one)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:00 pm
Ahh, the dangerous pleasure of outrage.

The article was a benign human interest story of a woman who grew up with a dangerous, probably unhinged father who received condemnation from every corner, rightwing to leftwing. The author made it clear that it wasnt about the guy or his philosophy which everyone condemns but about being his daughter.

But sure, magazines should only have human interest stories on rebbetzins who have twelve kids and saintly fathers and grandfathers. This is the nauseating fare we all enjoy. Sarcasm alert.

Anon because I just had this exact conversation on whatsapp with my friends.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:37 pm
It isn't benign to give a platform to someone who distorts and softens this person's image.
I think we would be pretty outraged if Suha Arafat were to be interviewed by a Jewish weekly so she could describe her husband's legacy. Even if it was not a frum magazine.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
It isn't benign to give a platform to someone who distorts and softens this person's image.
I think we would be pretty outraged if Suha Arafat were to be interviewed by a Jewish weekly so she could describe her husband's legacy. Even if it was not a frum magazine.

The comparison is nonsensical for so many reasons
If any magazine editors are on here I would be interested in hearing from that nut case who hung out on Iran’s daughter or from Baruch Goldstein’s daughter. Smile it can’t be easy to stay religious when your parent is vilified on all sides for good reasons.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
The comparison is nonsensical for so many reasons
If any magazine editors are on here I would be interested in hearing from that nut case who hung out on Iran’s daughter or from Baruch Goldstein’s daughter. Smile it can’t be easy to stay religious when your parent is vilified on all sides for good reasons.

I am not interested unless they fully acknowledge the truth. And this woman didn't.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:44 pm
Well Ami defended weberman and Lev tahor. So why are you surprised?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I am not interested unless they fully acknowledge the truth. And this woman didn't.

It’s human nature to defend your parent. That’s what made the article interesting. Nobody was converted to nk as a result. But your entitled to your opinion. But it’s narrow opinions like this that makes me subscribe to so many nonjrwish magazines and is why I haunt the local library.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Ahh, the dangerous pleasure of outrage.

The article was a benign human interest story of a woman who grew up with a dangerous, probably unhinged father who received condemnation from every corner, rightwing to leftwing. The author made it clear that it wasnt about the guy or his philosophy which everyone condemns but about being his daughter.

But sure, magazines should only have human interest stories on rebbetzins who have twelve kids and saintly fathers and grandfathers. This is the nauseating fare we all enjoy. Sarcasm alert.

Anon because I just had this exact conversation on whatsapp with my friends.

It seems to me she’s very aligned with her unhinges father

pause

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 2:48 pm
When I was debating which magazine to buy for YT, I chose Mishpacha. I don't care for Ami's biased sensationalism.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room