Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is this ok to send?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:36 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
You already mentioned 2 sides. Don’t need more. But a warm soup for a kimperturin can’t hurt. But it’s ok, I’d certainly be happy and feel very appreciative with your warm meatballs if I get from you. These stuff don’t come with rules. It’s really nice to offer and just do the best you can.

Some think soup is important for a kimp but I can tell you it's the salad that really helps. Post partum constipation is killer. And making salad is sometimes more work than chicken in a pan.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:42 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Some think soup is important for a kimp but I can tell you it's the salad that really helps. Post partum constipation is killer. And making salad is sometimes more work than chicken in a pan.

There’s no limit. You can send soup and salad. Depends on how much time and resources you’re willing and able to offer.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:42 pm
I would make separate pans. One rice, one chicken, one stringbeans. More appetizing in my opinion.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:43 pm
to those that dont like, would you prefer pizza pita (store bought pita) with homemade french fries, soup, breadsticks, and sliced veggies? have considered this in the past but was not sure if 'pizza pita' passes as a real main. now im curious what you all think Wink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

Even a bowl of salad consisting of a bag of romaine, whole grape tomatoes, and bought dressing on the side is appreciated!

rising hero

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:45 pm
Rice under chicken is delicious. The green beans I would do separately.

DREAMING

amother [ OP ] wrote:
so many meal train posts. it just happens to be my turn to do make supper for family of 4. does this work? would little kids eat? I hope to have time for cookies and soup. if not, would you think its weird to receive only one pan?
https://betweencarpools.com/9x.....eans/

Yes. It’s perfect
If you don’t have time for soup I would send cut fruit

ExtraCredit

amother [ OP ] wrote:
to those that dont like, would you prefer pizza pita (store bought pita) with homemade french fries, soup, breadsticks, and sliced veggies? have considered this in the past but was not sure if 'pizza pita' passes as a real main. now im curious what you all think Wink

Yum. Hard to know what that lady and family prefers. Would you text her these 2 choices?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'd take the chicken. Smile You can also send cubed pineapple from the can - the natural one - poured into a container without the juice.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:47 pm
I posted on another thread that I’ve given hamburger patties, buns, sliced tomatoes/onions/pickles, and a corn salad. Really easy to put together and kid friendly.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:06 am
I had a baby a few weeks ago and got meals from my neighbors. To be honest, not trying to be ungrateful, but sending just a one pan dinner is not very appealing. My kids wouldn't eat anything mushed together in one pan with chicken, neither would dh.
If you're doing this for some random person that you don't even know I guess you can get away with it.
When my neighbors sent suppers they were excited to do it, it was their gift to us. I was blown away by the variety I received each night. Most actually didn't send soup (it was hot outside)but there was always a salad, 2 (sometimes 3) sides, sometimes 2 chicken/ meat dishes so my kids had a choice. And always some goodie for dessert- cobbler, cookies, cake etc...
I'm not saying it's a must, but it was very appreciated that there was an option for everyone.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:08 am
By the way pizza and fries would've also been enjoyed in my house!

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:11 am
Yes!
I will try it out. Thanks for introducing me to betweencarpools.
Tizki lemitzvot

silverlining3

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:13 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It’s perfect. I’m trying to figure out in which world people serve appetizers, soups, a main, two sides, and dessert every night.

In the kimpaturin world.
It's never too much. Hormones are at its best, it's good to have from what to choose. And not bad to have some for another night.
Also, she's making for 1 night, not every night.

ETA-Variety is absolutely not a must, it's a bonus.
Honestly, just for the fact that someone took the time to make dinner for me, I'm appreciative

Last edited by silverlining3 on Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:16 am
I agree with those that said 3 seperate trays also if you can add a salad and a simple dessert

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:16 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I had a baby a few weeks ago and got meals from my neighbors. To be honest, not trying to be ungrateful, but sending just a one pan dinner is not very appealing. My kids wouldn't eat anything mushed together in one pan with chicken, neither would dh.
If you're doing this for some random person that you don't even know I guess you can get away with it.
When my neighbors sent suppers they were excited to do it, it was their gift to us. I was blown away by the variety I received each night. Most actually didn't send soup (it was hot outside)but there was always a salad, 2 (sometimes 3) sides, sometimes 2 chicken/ meat dishes so my kids had a choice. And always some goodie for dessert- cobbler, cookies, cake etc...
I'm not saying it's a must, but it was very appreciated that there was an option for everyone.

With these standards and expectations, most people will be too intimidated to even bother. Just saying. Especially if the volunteer has a f/t job. Not too mention, expensive. Not everyone can afford it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
you wouldn't because you dont think kids will eat, or because you would not want everything in one pan? just curious to clarify

I don't want everything in one pan. I don't like chicken with bones, so even if I'd otherwise enjoy the rice and the string beans, the chicken being cooked with it would turn me off. It's not that it would touch each other, more that it would mush together.

Also if she doesn't want to get fleishig for whatever reason, I try to include one or two pareve things.
I like the pita pizza option, especially with all the carbs plus the soup and salad...yum.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:23 am
I would not do rice under chicken. The rice will absorb the fat from the chicken and I would not eat it. Lovely meal if 3 separate tins.
Pita pizza sounds good too, but the pita is already a carb. I would not do fries with that. I would do stringbeans instead and an easy salad (bag romaine and box of grape tomatoes)
Don't people already have the dressing they like in their house?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:26 am
What is with the cookies/cake for dessert? We only eat that on Shabbos. I would much prefer fruit. Even just grapes or apples to bite, if cutting up a melon/pineapple is too much work.

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:23 am
I personally would not send a one pan meal. My kids defenitely would not touch and probably dh also. I would do that in seperate pans. I also try to include a fruit,dessert,salad and another main when I send so there is variety.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics