Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Boys allergy friendly camp

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:47 pm
My son with anaphylactic allergies wants to go to camp. Is there an allergy friendly camp in the tri state area? What do mothers of allergic children do when they send kids to camp? Somehow I feel that the girls camps are more in tune and remember when I went to camp it was a camp Mother and Girls that had specific dietary restrictions were able to get her to help out. Boys are a completely different breed as they don’t like to ask for help and they’re usually is nobody that cares enough to make sure that these boys get what they need. Short of starving himself because he won’t touch any food he is nt sure about, I’m not sure what to do!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:59 pm
How old is he?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:03 pm
14, held off sending him already for too long ....

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
14, held off sending him already for too long ....

My highly allergic nephew went to camp for the first time this past summer. The camp was very accommodating. He brought cereal and non dairy milk to eat for breakfast, my sister prepared single portion pans of food for him for lunch. It was kept in the freezer and they heated one pan for him each day. They were all tightly wrapped and just put straight into the oven. He brought a tabletop grill and grilled his own food every night for supper.
Reach out to camps and ask them about it. I don't know what your background is and what circles you run in, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something that can work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics