Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Any pediatrician or endocrinologist here?or a.o know abtTSH
Previous  1  2  3

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is T3 always needed or is that just if his T3 levels are off?

I stated reading up abt the thyroid...

Also how would we know if the synthetic is not working out well for him? Blood work? Or the way he feels?

really grateful for all your responses. So glad we caught it just as it was getting much worse

I know, this is old but since the thread was bumped (and hope the bumper gets some good recommendations), my experience isn't hypo. But I assume that if after 6 weeks there's no improvement and change in the blood work, that's a sign.

I think it's a good idea to get T3 tested regularly just to be sure it's ok. Many people - most? - do fine with just T4 replacement, but still useful.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:58 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I know, this is old but since the thread was bumped (and hope the bumper gets some good recommendations), my experience isn't hypo. But I assume that if after 6 weeks there's no improvement and change in the blood work, that's a sign.

I think it's a good idea to get T3 tested regularly just to be sure it's ok. Many people - most? - do fine with just T4 replacement, but still useful.

I came on here to post to ask pinkfridge. I remember how much you helped me with information when I needed it
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics