Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Reproductive endocrinologist

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:07 pm
I need help balancing my hormones. My dr recommended going to an re. Can anyone recommend a Dr? I have horizon…
My hormones are all over the place

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:51 pm
I was very happy by Dr Allen Morgan on the 70

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:17 pm
Reproductive endocrinologists do not help people balance their hormones!!

For that you need a nutritionist or functional doctor. A RE will just pile more medicines on top of whatever dysfunction exists.

Re's are wonderful. I think them for my children. But know what they do and what they don't.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:11 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Reproductive endocrinologists do not help people balance their hormones!!

For that you need a nutritionist or functional doctor. A RE will just pile more medicines on top of whatever dysfunction exists.

Re's are wonderful. I think them for my children. But know what they do and what they don't.

Why is that?
I would like to have kids…my cycles are off and I think something is not the way it’s supposed to be
Do you have any functional doctor recommendations?

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why is that?
I would like to have kids…my cycles are off and I think something is not the way it’s supposed to be
Do you have any functional doctor recommendations?
An RE can potentially help you get pregnant by forcing your body so to speak, but won't address the actual imbalances.

strivingmom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
I need help balancing my hormones. My dr recommended going to an re. Can anyone recommend a Dr? I have horizon…
My hormones are all over the place

You have good insurance, no need to settle for Dr Morgan.
RMA- Dr Ryback. RMA is a very reputable Reproductive Endocrinologist. I’d imagine at least 90% of Lakewood uses RMA.
Or call a Rav that specializes in fertility. They can help refer you to the best kind of Dr for your issues. They deal with lots of cases related to fertility and have a ton of knowledge.

2 Rabbanim that I’ve used:

Rabbi Feldman- 732-232-5064
Rabbi Gwertzman- 732-403-6805

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:42 pm
amother Honey wrote:
An RE can potentially help you get pregnant by forcing your body so to speak, but won't address the actual imbalances.

That's not necessarily true. I went to rma nj because I felt like I had an issue, and I hadn't conceived after a year. My first appointment found a problem. It took a few years and surgeries to fix the issues (we went 1 step fwd, 2 steps back as issues kept cropping up), but then I conceived naturally. I know others that had the same.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:44 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
That's not necessarily true. I went to rma nj because I felt like I had an issue, and I hadn't conceived after a year. My first appointment found a problem. It took a few years and surgeries to fix the issues (we went 1 step fwd, 2 steps back as issues kept cropping up), but then I conceived naturally. I know others that had the same.
If you needed surgeries to correct it chances are hormonal imbalances weren't your cause.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:44 pm
I used Dr Molinaro. I would suggest going through one of the IF organizations, as they can get you an appointment quicker. (I used a time)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:05 pm
strivingmom wrote:
You have good insurance, no need to settle for Dr Morgan.
RMA- Dr Ryback. RMA is a very reputable Reproductive Endocrinologist. I’d imagine at least 90% of Lakewood uses RMA.
Or call a Rav that specializes in fertility. They can help refer you to the best kind of Dr for your issues. They deal with lots of cases related to fertility and have a ton of knowledge.

2 Rabbanim that I’ve used:

Rabbi Feldman- 732-232-5064
Rabbi Gwertzman- 732-403-6805

Do you meet the entire Lakewood there?

Haven’t been trying long. But my cycles got extremely short and I feel like I need help. I’ve had previous hormone issues that my regular endo handled but he said he can’t help me figure out my reproductive hormones

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:06 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I used Dr Molinaro. I would suggest going through one of the IF organizations, as they can get you an appointment quicker. (I used a time)

What qualifies as if?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
What qualifies as if?

Medically, if is trying for 12 months without birth control, 6 months if you're over 35.

Practically, if is when you're ready to go and get treatment. If you're open to doing if treatment (Which doesn't mean IVF, but still is a investment of time, effort and money) then you can go to RMA.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:58 pm
Call Atime and ask them what they think. I was having trouble conceiving when my cycles began to get funny. They did send me to RMA. They usually recommend Dr. Molaniro or Dr. Ryback there. They are both excellent and you usually see either of them at monitoring appointments. Conceive opened recently by Dr. Glatstein. He is also excellent, and very experienced after decades in Boston. Maybe his office is quieter if he is newer to Lakewood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries