Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Funny school memories
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:48 pm
My ninth grade teacher lectured for a good long while with a nursing pad plunked right in the center of her desk.

It had spilled out of her voluminous bag when she fumbled around it for her roll book.

It was maybe not that funny... but a hysteria overtook all of us. I remember silently weeping helpless tears of laughter, desperately trying to keep it in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:48 pm
Lots of roll book stories Laugh

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:53 pm
My teacher once got mad with all the girls that didnt put their name on this insanely long worksheet and bundled the worksheets up in a pile and tore them up so they would have to do it again. Then she went to get new worksheets and realised she mistakenly tore the new worksheets and not the ones without the girls name!!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I remember in high school a girl needed the bathroom and the teacher wouldn’t let her go.
Student: “I need to go really badly”
Teacher: “I said no”
Student: “well you better get your life jacket on...”

Cannot understand how a teacher doesn’t allow a student to go when she needs to. I feel like this is probably against halacha or something.

Are we the only class that set off a stink bomb?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:08 pm
One Rosh Chodesh Adar we switched with another 12th grade class - different school. We were within walking distance and almost every kid went along with it. When we got back, the girls who didn’t join the prank got punished....”if the klal is doing something, YOU don’t be the one to say no...”

I did not agree with that but whatever...

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
One Rosh Chodesh Adar we switched with another 12th grade class - different school. We were within walking distance and almost every kid went along with it. When we got back, the girls who didn’t join the prank got punished....”if the klal is doing something, YOU don’t be the one to say no...”

I did not agree with that but whatever...

We had a similar scenario. The 9th through 11th grades in our school switched with those in a nearby school. Since we, the 12th graders, were the ones who hadn't gone, guess who got to listen to all the lectures from the teachers during the next couple of periods?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:22 pm
imanonymous wrote:
I'm sure there have been many such stories over the years, including accidents.

Yup second grade happened to a classmate. I dont remember the details exactly but could be the teacher said no or wait five minutes or something and one of the girls said 'too late'. I don't understand why a teacher would say no to a kid that's asking seriously What

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:26 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
My ninth grade teacher lectured for a good long while with a nursing pad plunked right in the center of her desk.

It had spilled out of her voluminous bag when she fumbled around it for her roll book.

It was maybe not that funny... but a hysteria overtook all of us. I remember silently weeping helpless tears of laughter, desperately trying to keep it in.

OMG!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
How didn't the teacher notice during the entire lesson?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:39 pm
In eighth grade our teacher was teaching the Chazal about 3 partners in creating a person, HaShem, father and mother.

One girls raised her hand and said “I understand how HaShem and the mother are involved, but how is the father involved?” She was a naive kid and really didn’t know...poor teacher stammered some answer about how we’re not getting into that now.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
We had a similar scenario. The 9th through 11th grades in our school switched with those in a nearby school. Since we, the 12th graders, were the ones who hadn't gone, guess who got to listen to all the lectures from the teachers during the next couple of periods?

Was that in bais Kaila?!

blueberry6

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:00 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Yup second grade happened to a classmate. I dont remember the details exactly but could be the teacher said no or wait five minutes or something and one of the girls said 'too late'. I don't understand why a teacher would say no to a kid that's asking seriously What

Because sometimes they're not asking seriously. Believe me, I'm all for letting kids go to the bathroom when they need to, but I have seen first-hand how sometimes they're just asking because they want to get out of class. I don't think it's as much of an issue in the younger grades, and if the teacher is intuitive she should be able to figure out when it's real and when it's not. Unfortunately some teachers have been burned too many times so they just make a general rule that no one is allowed to leave. I'm not excusing it, I'm just trying to explain a little bit from the other side of the desk.

yksraya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:12 pm
blueberry6 wrote:
Because sometimes they're not asking seriously. Believe me, I'm all for letting kids go to the bathroom when they need to, but I have seen first-hand how sometimes they're just asking because they want to get out of class. I don't think it's as much of an issue in the younger grades, and if the teacher is intuitive she should be able to figure out when it's real and when it's not. Unfortunately some teachers have been burned too many times so they just make a general rule that no one is allowed to leave. I'm not excusing it, I'm just trying to explain a little bit from the other side of the desk.
we actually had a teacher telling us that if we need the bathroom, we can always leave without asking. You can all imagine what happened next... Sometimes there were 3 girls left in class!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:14 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Was that in bais Kaila?!

What school is nearby?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
What school is nearby?

Bais shaindel

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:29 pm
A classmate had written the following letters on the whiteboard and mid-session, at a certain time, we started screaming hysterically: I C A B! I C A B!
(I see a bee)...
The teacher became hysterical and ran around asking where, where is the bee?
We answered hysterically: on the whiteboard...
She was searching nervously, until she discovered the Letters!

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:33 pm
I was a big 'trouble maker' as well as the 'laughing box' (thats how the classmates referred to me). One year, a young (girl) teacher didnt know how to deal with me. She wasnt going to take it, so every day as she stood at the door to come into class, she motioned and said: Ruchy, Out of class!!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:39 pm
yksraya wrote:
my classmate put a fake, but furry, real looking mouse on teachers desk. She put it in middle off lesson when teacher was distracted.
When my teacher noticed it, she shrieked, and ran out of class.

I remember when my high school teacher opened her desk drawer and a moth flew out at her. She screamed and ran around in little circles. I found it hysterically funny.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:40 pm
In 6th grade we played a prank, we all bought old sheitals to school, we had see thru string and attached them all to the ceiling at the height of us standing.
When the teachers walked in they all laughed and commented how we look like our mothers etc and when they said sit down, all the sheitals stayed hanging in the air.
We were the talk of school!
curious if any of my classmates are on here 😂

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
In 6th grade we played a prank, we all bought old sheitals to school, we had see thru string and attached them all to the ceiling at the height of us standing.
When the teachers walked in they all laughed and commented how we look like our mothers etc and when they said sit down, all the sheitals stayed hanging in the air.

Not your classmate but we did this in high school for Purim shtick. Was pretty cute Smile

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

I’ve definitely heard of this prank before.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics