Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is it ok to leave toddlers by an open flame?
1  2  3  Next

hodeez

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:38 pm
I do it all the time, just want to know what the imamother consensus is. She's only gotten hurt half the times I've done it.
I will fight tooth and nail to prove its ok, yet I'm asking for your opinions.

imanonymous

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:39 pm
Of course it's okay! Who would even insinuate otherwise?

Stand up and show your cowardly face!

Rolling Eyes

behappy2

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:40 pm
I must be very tired bec I'm rolling. Very Happy

amother
Babypink

I do it with a baby monitor all the time. Id never go past the next block though. I’m a responsible mother.

amother
Black

This is a very interesting idea. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of trying it myself.

So I will set my toddler up near an open flame and I’ll check in here later to share the results. Okay?

tigerwife

Is it ok to let my toddler walk 10 blocks to morah? She only crosses two major roads. I mean, I think it’s fine but just wondering how many of you are helicopter parents.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:41 pm
Oh, right. I forgot to mention I strap a baby moniter to her ankle. This way I can see if cars are coming ch”v.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:41 pm
Open flames are fine, but only if you leave a fire extinguisher with the pin already removed for your toddler to use too. You have to be safe!!!!!

Bsimcha

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:44 pm
I hope anyone posting about leaving kid alone in apartment or in the bathtub realize this sounds just like those posts to the rest of us!

Thanks OP, maybe this will wake someone up

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:44 pm
hodeez wrote:
I do it all the time, just want to know what the imamother consensus is. She's only gotten hurt half the times I've done it.

Your a wicked abusive mom.
Only half the time? How’s that good enough?

Our minhag is to burn the weaned toddlers pacifiers in sreifas chometz . We totally throw it in & they get melted instantly.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:45 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Your a wicked abusive mom.
Only half the time? How’s that good enough?

Our minhag is to burn the weaned toddlers pacifiers in sreifas chometz . We totally throw it in & they get melted instantly.

While it’s in their mouth?

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:46 pm
Why the heck you even think its not alright? like who will ever teach safety to your kids and that fire is hot if not for them trying it. its called hands-on experience
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:47 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Is it ok to let my toddler walk 10 blocks to morah? She only crosses two major roads. I mean, I think it’s fine but just wondering how many of you are helicopter parents.

Ya f’sure. I have my newborns wiggle themselves to well check ups & to the babysitter. Super convenient. I get to have some time to sit in the make up artists chair painting myself.

I do put a gps around her neck, so in cases she loses direction I should now how to remote control her back home. I just hope she doesn’t choke...

Blessing1

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Black

I think most Imamothers need to take parenting courses. So many questions! Is it okay to do this? Can I do that? Where is your binah yeseira? We women know innately what to do.

BH most children are usually safe. Just leave them alone and they’ll grow up IyH. Your job is to do laundry, keep a clean house and feed the kids.

The children will soon be teaching YOU how to be the best mother and what they would like to do.

(Sarcasm alert)

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:50 pm
hodeez wrote:

For real, I know someone who let her 2 year old peel vegetables and stir the food in the frying pan while standing at the flame. TMI

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
For real, I know someone who let her 2 year old peel vegetables and stir the food in the frying pan while standing at the flame. TMI

How else is the cooking going to get done?

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:53 pm
Teach them how to open the flame while you’re at it. So that when they crawl out of the crib while you’re at the shaitel macher they can get tomorrow’s dinner started.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:55 pm
Okay to leave toddler by an open flame so long as you're there watching. OTOH, it is never okay to take a shower or go to sleep.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:56 pm
I'm fairly positive it's impossible for my toddler to cook without being next to an open flame.
Of course I let her.
Someone's gotta do the cooking around here.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics