Home

Starting new job but part time and unemployment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:12 pm
My husband is on unemployment in NJ and has about 3k left to receive. He was offered a small part time job that may be temporary - they are starting him off to see how it goes. The pay is around $30 per hour however I am worried that if we stop unemployment I will have to go through the whole headache of getting on again. Does anyone have any insight into what to do. I would be so appreciative for answers.

amother

Peach

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:28 pm
Is the pay going to = less than the unemployment. If no go for it!

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:19 am
bump

amother

Lemon

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:36 am
In order for him to keep getting unemployment He gas to say he had no job offer or work this week, no.
Unless it’s cash work and he plans not to claim it legally.

amother

Lilac

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:57 am
In NY if you work up to 4 days you can claim unemployment. If it's really part time for so few hours as they train him, see if they would allow him to work 2-3 days full time and then he can claim for those days he didn't work
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns