Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
DD is overly attached to her blanket
Previous  1  2  3

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:28 am
There's lots of ways that "adults" can soothe themselves.

Ambien, Lunesta, Tylenol PM, binging Netflix, eating a whole bag of potato chips, never changing out of your pajamas, pulling your hair out one strand at a time, zex addiction, Valium, Xanax, becoming a crazy cat lady, peeling off your nail polish...

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:36 am
Was actually just talking about this to a highly trained therapist. She said some schools are giving out stuffed animals to the kids as a soother for all the stresses COVID brings. She was very pro the idea.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:56 am
I haven't read all of the replies, but just wanted to add that I agree with those who said not to take away the blanket. Many children (most) are attached to teddies, dolls etc and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I think it would be odd if a child did not like and was not attached to these things. Even now, as an adult, I have a few teddies in my room. It's sweet when a child cares for a teddy, or a blanket, and most likely adds a huge dimension to their inner life. It's something sweet and magical that can bring comfort. We all have vulnerabilities - we wouldn't be human if we didn't. I wouldn't take away a child's favourite item/soft toy in a million years.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics