Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staying In Israel for less than 2 weeks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Yeah, I know they do. But Israeli's coming to NY now for simcha's just means that they care only about themselves and couldn't care less about spreading infection. I don't understand why travel out of Israel is allowed now.
Hopefully they are not sick with covid. If someone is health, anywhere in the world, why cant they travel?

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:34 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Hopefully they are not sick with covid. If someone is health, anywhere in the world, why cant they travel?

Yes, but are they quarantining?

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:36 pm
Success10 wrote:

If their destination country requires it, then I assume they are quarantining.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:37 pm
So please explain to me why Israeli's are free to come and go to the US as they please? Why is it OK for Israeli's to come to the US for simcha's without quarantining thereby bringing Covid with them???? The rates are way higher in Israel than in NY. Israeli's don't want "those" people from the US to chas v'shalom infect them, yet they don't think twice about going to the US and infecting others.

I don't know. I'll ask you.

Why is it okay for people to come into America without quarantining? Don't you care about infection rates? Don't you want control over new cases?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:37 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Because if someone is coming from a country where Covid is now rampant, we can assume they're at a higher chance of spreading it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:38 pm
Success10 wrote:
Not every country is requiring quarantine.
My brother in law and sister in law were in kieve in the summer. There was 48 hour quarantine that. Not every country has a 14 day quarantine like israel.

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:39 pm
Just to follow up, I think Orchid is making a good point in that if we insist American visitors to Israel must quarantine or they're being selfish, then the reverse must be true as well. And it is. Americans should not come to Israel and try to outsmart the quarantine system. It's morally wrong and illegal and could get them into trouble. And Israelis flying to the US, I really thought the US required quarantine? They don't? Either way, shouldn't they quarantine just out of basic decency?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:39 pm
I understand that. I'm just talking from a menchlichkeit point of view. I think it's pretty selfish of Israeli's to be traveling to NY now.
Lovehashem posted "Please keep your stupidity out of my country", as if Americans are disease ridden. I wonder if she thinks the same of Israeli's going to the US right now. Are Israeli's traveling to America without quarantining also stupid or only Americans that want to go to Israel and quarantine are stupid?
Why? Again, if they are healthy what could possibly be wrong?
Anyone from any country who travels and is sick is not menchlech, thats 100%. But whats wrong with someone traveling to and from any place, if they are not sick?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:40 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I don't know. I'll ask you.

Why is it okay for people to come into America without quarantining? Don't you care about infection rates? Don't you want control over new cases?

I don't think it's ok for people to travel without quarantine to America from countries where Covid is rampant now. This is the point I'm trying to make in my posts.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:41 pm
DrMom wrote:
If their destination country requires it, then I assume they are quarantining.

If I were to go to England, I would have to quarantine (except they like to call it self isolate). Its one reason I haven't been to England, since I can't afford to spend two weeks in quarantine on either end, for the sake of a week with my family.

In America the law doesn't require it, so no one is volunteering to. If the law changes, people will mostly comply.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:42 pm
Success10 wrote:
Just to follow up, I think Orchid is making a good point in that if we insist American visitors to Israel must quarantine or they're being selfish, then the reverse must be true as well. And it is. Americans should not come to Israel and try to outsmart the quarantine system. It's morally wrong and illegal and could get them into trouble. And Israelis flying to the US, I really thought the US required quarantine? They don't? Either way, shouldn't they quarantine just out of basic decency?
No, quarantining has nothing to do with basic decency, sorry, thats not what its about. Every country has different policies for this. Why is america and israel always compared? They are not the same country and they dont have to be compared. And there are so many countries where there is no 14 day quarantine.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:44 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No, quarantining has nothing to do with basic decency, sorry, thats not what its about. Every country has different policies for this. Why is america and israel always compared? They are not the same country and they dont have to be compared. And there are so many countries where there is no 14 day quarantine.

I do think it basic decency and menchlichkeit to not travel now from a country where Covid is rampant. I think it's a pretty selfish thing to do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:45 pm
I don't think it's ok for people to travel without quarantine to America from countries where Covid is rampant now. This is the point I'm trying to make in my posts.
I believe the numbers have gone down and are not as high as they were a month or two ago.

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:46 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Fair enough, but then if someone does travel to Israel with the intention of outsmarting quarantine, your only valid complaint against them is that they're breaking the law. It's not fair to argue they are selfish or putting people at risk. (I'm not saying you made that argument)

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:46 pm
I do think it basic decency and menchlichkeit to not travel now from a country where Covid is rampant. I think it's a pretty selfish thing to do.
Again, I have asked the same questino a few times, you never seem to answer. If a person getting on a plane is not sick with covid, what does it matter if there are or are not many cases in the country?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:49 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Again, I have asked the same questino a few times, you never seem to answer. If a person getting on a plane is not sick with covid, what does it matter if there are or are not many cases in the country?

I have answered this question already, but I'll answer again.
Because people traveling from Covid rampant countries have a way higher chance of being a carrier and infecting others.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:52 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If I were to go to England, I would have to quarantine (except they like to call it self isolate). Its one reason I haven't been to England, since I can't afford to spend two weeks in quarantine on either end, for the sake of a week with my family.

In America the law doesn't require it, so no one is volunteering to. If the law changes, people will mostly comply.

In England, you are allowed to be staying with others in their home even if you need to self-isolate. (Ridiculous, but that's the rules.)
And I believe you are allowed to leave before two weeks are up.
So if you stay indoors for the week while you're visiting family then you're actually okay.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:55 pm
Success10 wrote:

No, because if the Americans don't care about themselves, why should we care about them?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:05 pm
I understand that. I'm just talking from a menchlichkeit point of view. I think it's pretty selfish of Israeli's to be traveling to NY now.
Lovehashem posted "Please keep your stupidity out of my country", as if Americans are disease ridden. I wonder if she thinks the same of Israeli's going to the US right now. Are Israeli's traveling to America without quarantining also stupid or only Americans that want to go to Israel and quarantine are stupid?

Uh I don't want anyone in my country without quarrantining. I don't care if you are an Israeli or a Jamaican. Unless you are from a country that has zero current cases of Corona.

Anyone traveling anyone without quarantine is stupid and disregarding others health.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why? Again, if they are healthy what could possibly be wrong?
Anyone from any country who travels and is sick is not menchlech, thats 100%. But whats wrong with someone traveling to and from any place, if they are not sick?

Lots of people don't know if they have Corona and can catch it within transit. An airplane is really not well ventilated either.

I take back what I said about people coming from countries that have no current Corona cases. Anyone who spends a few hours in an aircraft with a bunch of strangers is a possible carrier. Uh that's how Corona spread to the entire freaking world in the first place! Through air travel!

Do you know how long it took for plagues to spread across the world 500 years ago?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics