Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staying In Israel for less than 2 weeks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 6:55 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Uh I don't want anyone in my country without quarrantining. I don't care if you are an Israeli or a Jamaican. Unless you are from a country that has zero current cases of Corona.

Anyone traveling anyone without quarantine is stupid and disregarding others health.

"I don't want anyone on my country....." you're talking as if you're the owner of Israel.
My question to you was if only people coming into Israel are stupid or Israeli's traveling to other countries are stupid as well.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
"I don't want anyone on my country....." you're talking as if you're the owner of Israel.
My question to you was if only people coming into Israel are stupid or Israeli's traveling to other countries are stupid as well.

The person to whom you've asked the question has answered already.
LovesHashem wrote:
Anyone traveling anyone without quarantine is stupid and disregarding others health.

But if you don't mind, I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.
WitchKitty wrote:
Why is it okay for people to come into America without quarantining? Don't you care about infection rates? Don't you want control over new cases?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:20 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

I've answered this question a while ago. Look upthread.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:36 pm
Orchid. I did not ask if you think it's okay. I asked, "why is it okay".
In "okay", I meant 'legal', 'legitimate'.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:43 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

I don't know why it's legal, I don't make the laws.
But so many Covid laws in the US make no sense at all and there's so much politics involved. The government doesn't care for our safety.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:44 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

Double post

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:45 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

Double post

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:07 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

Because sadly our government is made up of a lot of selfish, incompetent people. They don't agree on anything ever, especially not when it comes to Covid. This is a problem from the federal down through the state level. Each state is allowed to create their own rules and none of them have to make sense to anyone but the governor.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:39 pm
Every time there's a thread related to travel and quarantine, there is always at least one poster who takes extreme offense. Whatever. Asking someone to respect a quarantine law doesn't mean you think he's a disease ridden, contaminated piece of garbage. No one has all the answers here, but each locale is trying to keep numbers down for its residents. And the residents are dealing with many challenges in keeping to the regulations, and would like as many restrictions lifted as safely possible. So it's very understandable that they will be frustrated with anyone coming from another locale who flouts the regulations and potentially drags out the strict restrictions. I think it makes perfect sense.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Every time there's a thread related to travel and quarantine, there is always at least one poster who takes extreme offense. Whatever. Asking someone to respect a quarantine law doesn't mean you think he's a disease ridden, contaminated piece of garbage. No one has all the answers here, but each locale is trying to keep numbers down for its residents. And the residents are dealing with many challenges in keeping to the regulations, and would like as many restrictions lifted as safely possible. So it's very understandable that they will be frustrated with anyone coming from another locale who flouts the regulations and potentially drags out the strict restrictions. I think it makes perfect sense.

I don't take offense in quarantine travel laws. I do take offense in statements such as "keep your corona and your stupidity out of my country." This is a very rude thing to say.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:06 pm
But Israel is allowing grandparents to come for 14 days to a child having a baby. It’s very obvious they’re not coming to hide out for 14 days. Yet they approved the applications and the flights. So I’m wondering what’s the thought process there?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
But Israel is allowing grandparents to come for 14 days to a child having a baby. It’s very obvious they’re not coming to hide out for 14 days. Yet they approved the applications and the flights. So I’m wondering what’s the thought process there?

They quarantine for 14 days and then come out and help. They are allowed to come early, and many do to make this work. Of course, I know several people whose kids had the baby while they were still in quarantine. So they had to do without their help until it was over.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:25 pm
I’ve actually been researching quarantine rules in the US, because I’m counseling overseas travel.
In Israel, things are very black and white - in a way it makes sense and is easier to enforce, but it creates impossible situations where family can’t be together for months.
It seems that policy in NY (although not enforced as far as I can tell) requires overseas travelers to test before they leave for their destination, quarantine for 3-4 days and then produce a negative test. That seems very fair to me.
There are like four or five countries currently on the “green list” to Israel and a bit more to NY.
As far as I can tell situation is worse in Israel than in NY but not terrible, there is a lull now in the disease, especially in the chareidi population and it is now working it’s way slowly through the Israeli Arab population.
I think one should respect local rules and behave responsibly towards themselves as others. Wear a mask keep a distance don’t touch other people.
But you shouldn’t be offended if one country enforces rules that will inconvenience you and it is unfair to require others to follow those rules where they are not required, just so you feel equal. Life doesn’t work that way.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:30 pm
I don't take offense in quarantine travel laws. I do take offense in statements such as "keep your corona and your stupidity out of my country." This is a very rude thing to say.

I hear that. I don't understand the whole back and forth about why Israelis who travel to NY aren't quarantining there, but ok. The entire Israeli population didn't post that- one person did.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:41 pm
I hear that. I don't understand the whole back and forth about why Israelis who travel to NY aren't quarantining there, but ok. The entire Israeli population didn't post that- one person did.

In Hebrew, we have an expression that goes “more righteous than the Pope”. You can’t expect people to go above and beyond local rules for quarantine. Is unrealistic to expect Israelis to go beyond local regulations, just because that’s what expected in Israel.
That being said - you shouldn’t be stupid. I live in Israel, I haven’t been inside my parents or in laws house beyond just crossing through for months and months. I’ve met them a few times outside, with masks and SD and all parts.
My parents require a negative test (and quarantine from when the test is taken) to come visit them for Shabbat. That’s difficult because some of my kids are in school. So we just haven’t.
If I were going to visit my elderly relative in the US it would be plain stupid not to follow similar rules.
I attended one Simcha in Israel since Covid broke out, it did not follow guidelines, so my family was very very careful (masks outside SD). Attending a crowded Simcha in the U.S. that would not allow for such precautions, would be stupid (I actually have a Simcha coming up that I realize I will not be able to attend).
But if you’re able to follow precautions, according to your sechel and local rules, I don’t see the issue.

Last edited by chanchy123 on Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:41 pm
OP, bottom line is:

- Unless you are arriving from a "green country," your stay must be longer than 2 weeks because for the first 2 weeks, you must be in quarantine.

- Your quarantine must be isolated from everyone, including the people you came to visit, unless they are all going into a 2 week quarantine with you.

- All of this assumes you are able to enter the country in the first place.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 3:01 am

America has different laws. Anyway I think regardless of the law its wrong to not quarantine anywhere. I was very clear about that.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 3:08 am

Maybe it is. I honestly don't care anymore. I want to live a normal life again. I see videos every day of weddings full with 200-300 people with no SD and masks. I think that is utter stupidity.

And in the context of that post I was actually referring specifically to people who want to fly in and break quarantine laws. That is the greatest levels of stupidity that has the potential to spread Corona to literally everywhere with no consideration of others. Fine you think in your delusional mind that you have herd immunity or whatever so you cant get anyone sick - the least you can do when coming into another country is respect their laws.

I think anyone c aught breaking quarantine should be deported and barred from coming to Israel for the next 5 years.

I don't think I own Israel but am I entitled to my opinion.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:50 am
I don't know what the current rules in the US are, but a couple of months ago the case was that if you are not american (or parent of a us citizen child) and not coming from a green list country, you could not enter the USA at all. Even if you had a valid student or work visa. The only way to get round this was to spend 2 weeks in a green list country.

Americans however could travel freely to the USA. I know someone who entered NY and asked if she had to quarantine and was told no, just wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others. Because didn't you know, an american passport comes with lifelong immunity to diseases.

Israelis travelling to the USA are probably US passport holders.

Israelis rules make much more sense than that at least. Although I agree allowing Israelis to travel abroad for non essential reasons is stupid.

banana123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:13 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
How does it work with grandmothers going to help their daughters when giving birth. They will obviously ‘quarantine‘ in the apartment the whole two weeks they are there but will obviously be interacting with the people there as that is the reason they are going?

The grandmother quarantines for two weeks and then goes to help her daughter/ daughter-in-law with the baby.

Yes, that means that the grandparent cannot come in for just 2 weeks and then leave.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics