Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staying In Israel for less than 2 weeks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

banana123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:17 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Yeah, I know they do. But Israeli's coming to NY now for simcha's just means that they care only about themselves and couldn't care less about spreading infection. I don't understand why travel out of Israel is allowed now.

While I don't think travel out of Israel should be allowed, that has nothing to do with your complaint.

If the US doesn't want people to spread infection, the US can enact its own quarantine laws. Israelis are not the only ones entering the US without quarantining. Complain to your own government about its policies - not to Israel's government, or Israeli citizens, about your government's failure to act.

Shuly

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:57 am
I only know 2 people who went to America from Israel during Covid. One of them self quarantined for 2 weeks in Israel before leaving. When she got to America, she quarantined (by herself, no access to her family - just spoke to them through a window while they were outside) for 3 days until she got the negative results from a Covid test. She did not have to do any of that but she wanted to be careful for her family's sake.

The other person only flew to America because she already had Covid and has antibodies and her family in America also has antibodies.

Everyone else I know isn't going anywhere.

I haven't seen my parents in almost 2 years and it's really hard but none of us have antibodies and they are older and high risk. Crying

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 8:33 am
Shuly wrote:
I only know 2 people who went to America from Israel during Covid. One of them self quarantined for 2 weeks in Israel before leaving. When she got to America, she quarantined (by herself, no access to her family - just spoke to them through a window while they were outside) for 3 days until she got the negative results from a Covid test. She did not have to do any of that but she wanted to be careful for her family's sake.

The other person only flew to America because she already had Covid and has antibodies and her family in America also has antibodies.

Everyone else I know isn't going anywhere.

I haven't seen my parents in almost 2 years and it's really hard but none of us have antibodies and they are older and high risk. Crying

I know. My father is super high risk (my parents live in Israel) and my grandparents - father's parents are also old and hi risk. My grandfather is super hi risk since he has stage 4 cancer as well. He's been fighting it for over a year and the doctors never really gave him more than 6 months to live. He has defeated their expectations but the reality is it's everywhere.

I want to see him. I could potentially fly in and quarantine for 2 weeks but my dad really shouldn't as he is super high risk himself (if he chas vishalom would get corona it's very unlikely with his medical issues he would survive it) and getting on a plane for 13 hours is a very bad idea.

Corona is awful.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 8:44 am
banana123 wrote:
The grandmother quarantines for two weeks and then goes to help her daughter/ daughter-in-law with the baby.

Yes, that means that the grandparent cannot come in for just 2 weeks and then leave.

But they can. Meaning they sent in the flights info for a 16 day visit and the pregnancy info to show the baby is on its way and it was approved

banana123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
But they can. Meaning they sent in the flights info for a 16 day visit and the pregnancy info to show the baby is on its way and it was approved

If the visit is supposed to be 16 days, the government is assuming that the person will quarantine 14 days, visit 2 days, and get back on the plane. They are assuming that the visitor is okay with only seeing their family for 2 days.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 8:56 am

A 14 day visit would not have been approved.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:01 am
banana123 wrote:
If the visit is supposed to be 16 days, the government is assuming that the person will quarantine 14 days, visit 2 days, and get back on the plane. They are assuming that the visitor is okay with only seeing their family for 2 days.

Correct.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:02 am

My sister had a baby a couple months ago and my parents and her inlaws both flew in. They need to quarantine for 14 days ALONE and then they can go see whoever they want. Its not the Israeli governments business if you decide to fly there and quarantine for 14 days and only get to spend 2 days with your family. But your quarantine location needs to be approved when you land in israel and it will not be approved if you are staying with other people and visiting them.

number

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:48 am
banana123 wrote:
While I don't think travel out of Israel should be allowed, that has nothing to do with your complaint.

If the US doesn't want people to spread infection, the US can enact its own quarantine laws. Israelis are not the only ones entering the US without quarantining. Complain to your own government about its policies - not to Israel's government, or Israeli citizens, about your government's failure to act.
The US HAS its own quarantine laws. International visitors are required to quarantine for fourteen days once they get here. Why is everyone saying otherwise?

The laws even say that if you travel WITHIN the country, from one state to another, you're required to quarantine.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:53 am
number wrote:
The US HAS its own quarantine laws. International visitors are required to quarantine for fourteen days once they get here. Why is everyone saying otherwise?

The laws even say that if you travel WITHIN the country, from one state to another, you're required to quarantine.

I don't think the US still has any quarantine laws. And when there were quarantine laws in place, it wasn't enforced. No one quarantined.

number

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:56 am
I don't think the US still has any quarantine laws. And when there were quarantine laws in place, it wasn't enforced. No one quarantined.
It still has quarantine laws. And people who aren't selfish and who follow the law, quarantine.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:01 am
number wrote:
It still has quarantine laws. And people who aren't selfish and who follow the law, quarantine.

I think you are mistaken. Quarantine travel laws were lifted in the US. Maybe some states still have quarantine laws, but I think most states don't require travelers to quarantine.

number

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:12 am
I think you are mistaken. Quarantine travel laws were lifted in the US. Maybe some states still have quarantine laws, but I think most states don't require travelers to quarantine.
Let me Google that for you

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:15 am
number wrote:

I did some research into this. In NY you are required to have a negative test before you travel, quarantine for 3-4 days and then produce another negative test. I couldn’t find info for international travelers in other cities, states. All the info I found was for travelers between states (and it was by no means universal quarantine and certainly mostly voluntary).

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:17 am
number wrote:

I don't see anything about quarantine when traveling to the US. Some states require a negative covid test and that's it. Travel quarantine was never enforced in the US.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:22 am
number wrote:

I don’t know what you’re trying to prove, but I checked the link you provided, which confirmed what I already knew many states have no travel restrictions and many of those that do only refer to states within the United States (I was very surprised to discover this when I started my research) specifically NY does have restrictions for foreign arrivals but you you can test out and don’t have to complete 14 days like in Israel

number

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:23 am
I don't see anything about quarantine when traveling to the US. Some states require a negative covid test and that's it. Travel quarantine was never enforced in the US.

Connecticut
Any traveler coming from a state that has a positiitye rate of 10 out of 100,000 people or a 10% or higher positivity rate must self-quarantine for 14 days. The traveler must have spent more than 24 hours in said state for the rule to apply. Everyone also needs to complete a travel health form.
Visitors can opt out of the 14-day quarantine in limited cases if they can provide proof that they have had a negative Covid-19 test in the past 72 hours. There were 43 states plus Guam and Puerto Rico on the 10% or higher positivity list as of Novemer. The list is updated each Tuesday. Check here for updates and details.

Illinois
There are no statewide restrictions, but a 14-day quarantine is required for visitors heading to Chicago from many US state. The list of states on the quarantine list is updated each Tuesday and goes into effect each Friday. Check here for updates on the list of states and more information before you travel.

Massachusetts
All visitors and residents must complete a travel form before arriving in Massachusetts unless they are arriving from a state designated by the Department of Public Health as low risk. As of November 3, those were California, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Washington state and Washington, DC.
Travelers must "quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative Covid-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts." Those waiting on test results need to quarantine until they receive their negative results. Failure to comply with these directives may result in a $500 fine. Check here for updates.

New Hampshire
Those traveling from outside other New England states (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) who are visiting for "an extended period of time" are asked to self-quarantine for two weeks. Check here for updates.

New Jersey
All travelers to New Jersey from states that have a Covid-19 testing positivity rate of 10% or higher or have 10 people test positive for every 100,000 residents is asked to quarantine for 14 days. This rule does not apply for visitors spending less than 24 hours in the state.
The state government is also asking travelers to fill out a voluntary survey regarding information about where they are traveling and their destination.
As of November 3, there were 41 states and US jurisdictions on the list. Check here for updates and most recent list of states.

New York
NEW: Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to "test out" of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory. Covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. The new protocol is effective Wednesday, November 4. Check for important details here.

Which state are you people traveling to that DOESN'T require a quarantine?? North Dakota?

number

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:29 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I don’t know what you’re trying to prove, but I checked the link you provided, which confirmed what I already knew many states have no travel restrictions and many of those that do only refer to states within the United States (I was very surprised to discover this when I started my research) specifically NY does have restrictions for foreign arrivals but you you can test out and don’t have to complete 14 days like in Israel
Where did you see international travel excluded? Or do you mean they didn't specifically call out international travel? Because most states do require quarantine for that as well.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:32 am
number wrote:
Connecticut
Any traveler coming from a state that has a positiitye rate of 10 out of 100,000 people or a 10% or higher positivity rate must self-quarantine for 14 days. The traveler must have spent more than 24 hours in said state for the rule to apply. Everyone also needs to complete a travel health form.
Visitors can opt out of the 14-day quarantine in limited cases if they can provide proof that they have had a negative Covid-19 test in the past 72 hours. There were 43 states plus Guam and Puerto Rico on the 10% or higher positivity list as of Novemer. The list is updated each Tuesday. Check here for updates and details.

Illinois
There are no statewide restrictions, but a 14-day quarantine is required for visitors heading to Chicago from many US state. The list of states on the quarantine list is updated each Tuesday and goes into effect each Friday. Check here for updates on the list of states and more information before you travel.

Massachusetts
All visitors and residents must complete a travel form before arriving in Massachusetts unless they are arriving from a state designated by the Department of Public Health as low risk. As of November 3, those were California, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Washington state and Washington, DC.
Travelers must "quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative Covid-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts." Those waiting on test results need to quarantine until they receive their negative results. Failure to comply with these directives may result in a $500 fine. Check here for updates.

New Hampshire
Those traveling from outside other New England states (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) who are visiting for "an extended period of time" are asked to self-quarantine for two weeks. Check here for updates.

New Jersey
All travelers to New Jersey from states that have a Covid-19 testing positivity rate of 10% or higher or have 10 people test positive for every 100,000 residents is asked to quarantine for 14 days. This rule does not apply for visitors spending less than 24 hours in the state.
The state government is also asking travelers to fill out a voluntary survey regarding information about where they are traveling and their destination.
As of November 3, there were 41 states and US jurisdictions on the list. Check here for updates and most recent list of states.

New York
NEW: Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to "test out" of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory. Covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. The new protocol is effective Wednesday, November 4. Check for important details here.

Which state are you people traveling to that DOESN'T require a quarantine?? North Dakota?

These are all restrictions for travellers within the US not international visitors. Several southern states ( at least the ones I researched) have no restrictions such as Florida and South Carolina, they do advise to quarantine if you feel unwell and to wear masks.
I don’t remember if it’s NY state or NYC which has restrictions specifically for international travellers, which makes a lot of sense because it’s such an international city. I wouldn’t be surprised if LA has similar restrictions.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:34 am
number wrote:
Where did you see international travel excluded? Or do you mean they didn't specifically call out international travel? Because most states do require quarantine for that as well.
Where are you getting such info? I have a relative who had to go to go to america in the summer. Before she left israel she researched about quarantine. There was no quarantine on the america side to the state she was going to.

Number, Israel has a specific policy. America does not have that same policy for INTERNATIONAL travel. And not for every state anyway.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics