Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When students won't wear masks
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

My4Jewels

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 6:32 am
I have no idea if masks work or don’t work for covid although I can certainly see how a physical barries must do something to reduce the viral load.

But my question is .. for everyone saying how dangerous masks are .. why are masks now dangerous for wearing for hours when for years surgeons and nurses have worn masks during long surgeries without any noted ill effects. Nobody went around yelling from the rooftops save the surgeons save the nurses they can’t get enough oxygen.

If it’s true that masks are dangerous then they would have been dangerous for many years already for all those who have worn them for work.

OP I would just leave it up
The administration to deal with them if they don’t then you may need to find a new job

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 6:46 am
[quote="My4Jewels"]

But my question is .. for everyone saying how dangerous masks are .. why are masks now dangerous for wearing for hours when for years surgeons and nurses have worn masks during long surgeries without any noted ill effects. Nobody went around yelling from the rooftops save the surgeons save the nurses they can’t get enough oxygen.

My question is why don't the people who really want the masks get fitted for a proper, real and protective mask. They will never have to feel scared again.
Way more effective than trying to get a whole generation of youngsters to muzzle up.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:02 am
Brand new article about increasing evidence that masks protect others AND the wearer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health.....47258

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:38 am
Let’s do our own little common sense research here. Is there any correlation between the areas where the schools and camps have been open ILLEGALLY and the rate and deaths of covid?! Is there any correlation between the schools and shuls that are not enforcing masks and the rates of covid?! Whenever there was a new wave or uptick it was many different cities, states and countries. Even this who were super strict! All of you who think masks are helping are just fooling yourselves into thinking you can control how this pandemic operates.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:40 am
I'm a teacher. I'm here for students to learn.
I am not the mask police.
So if it's more than the mask slipping of their nose, or occasional, for which I motion or tennis, I'll just tell the office or principal, and let them deal with it.
This week I had a student who pulled mask down. I made a announcement - I am not the mask police, so I will just refer you to the principal. Well, mask went right back up. (Helps to have a scary principal. Wink
In general, this is not an issue in my class.

I think you need to refer the issue to the administration and let them deal with the parents.
It doesn't sound like these kids are young. Sounds like jr hi or high school. Maybe school needs to let them get detentions.

To amothers who think I sound cruel:
This is what is keeping our school open. It's basic hishtadlus, whether it is really medically helpful or not.
You don't like the rule, don't send your kid to school.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Let’s do our own little common sense research here. Is there any correlation between the areas where the schools and camps have been open ILLEGALLY and the rate and deaths of covid?! Is there any correlation between the schools and shuls that are not enforcing masks and the rates of covid?! Whenever there was a new wave or uptick it was many different cities, states and countries. Even this who were super strict! All of you who think masks are helping are just fooling yourselves into thinking you can control how this pandemic operates.

Yes, at least in Israel, there was a clear and definite correlation.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:41 am
And even if you want to argue that masks are effective you will have a hard time convincing young children to just suck it up and handle it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:42 am
[quote="amother [ Lemon ]"]
My4Jewels wrote:

My question is why don't the people who really want the masks get fitted for a proper, real and protective mask. They will never have to feel scared again.
Way more effective than trying to get a whole generation of youngsters to muzzle up.

It is only fully helpful if both people are wearing a mask.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:43 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
And even if you want to argue that masks are effective you will have a hard time convincing young children to just suck it up and handle it.

Define young? I agree that under six should not be forced to wear a mask. Above that age, it is what it is.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:43 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Yes, at least in Israel, there was a clear and definite correlation.

Nope, there is not.
My neighborhood has been unmasked since ever. No upticks here, thank you very much.
Chareidi boy schools opened illegally over a month ago. No uptick there either. sorry, that is the fact.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:44 am
It is only fully helpful if both people are wearing a mask.

makes sense, that is why patients in a surgery room wear masks Banging head

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:45 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Honestly, I've found younger kids are more compliant than teenagers unless their parents are telling them otherwise.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:48 am
I feel really bad for your students.
I have done a lot of research on masks and they are abusive for children to wear!
Yes, I know it’s a strong word and the pro - maskers will argue!
But yes, it’s 100% abusive to make a child wear a mask all day in school when he is trying to learn.
There is a really informative article by a top neurologist in Germany that is very anti mask wearing on children, and that the oxygen deprivation is going to cause long term damage.
I am in general a follower of rules. But I tell my kids to not wear masks if they don’t absolutely need to. You need to use your critical thinking skills and not just be part of the “ sheeple”.
Right now a lot of parents are in a predicament as the schools are mandating it and it’s not so simple to just homeschool your kid for the year because of it.
Masks on kids are a joke in regards to hygiene btw. Ever watch the kids wipe their nose on their mask and then touch it and then touch their snacks?
I wash my kids masks daily. I would love to know how often most kids masks are washed. In terms of hygiene and infectious control, a mask on a kid is a great way to spread disease. Very Happy
A mask on an adult can be effective perhaps if it’s worn properly and they don’t also eat and drink for that time period.
But on a kid , it’s just makes us feel good that “ we are controlling the virus”.
Op, don’t be so negative towards the students and parents. Realize it’s a tough situation all around and there are a lot of different medical perspectives on this. Most importantly have compassion for your little charges.
Have a successful school year and stay healthy.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:50 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Nope, there is not.
My neighborhood has been unmasked since ever. No upticks here, thank you very much.
Chareidi boy schools opened illegally over a month ago. No uptick there either. sorry, that is the fact.

Look at where there is the most covid in Israel. Last I checked, it was in Charedi areas. I am sure illegal schools don't help.

Incidentally, I am also a teacher in Israel, at a school for high risk pupils which was legally open during the past few months. We had an outbreak of covid (over ten cases) this past month, pupils and teachers. And you know who got sick? The pupils who walked around with their masks on their chins, and the teachers who hung around the staff room without a mask, drinking coffee for hours and chatting.
The pupils and teachers who had masks did NOT get sick. And if fact, the health ministry even informed us that if both pupils and teachers had been wearing a mask, and windows were open, and SD was kept - then no need to go into quarantine even if a sick person was in the class. If one of these factors was not kept (such as masks), then the whole class had to quarantine for 2 weeks.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:53 am
It seems like most people are ignoring your question and arguing about how ineffective and “abusive” mask wearing is.

I’ll try to actually be helpful. I’m a teacher and I work in a school that is very strict about mask wearing. If a student is not wearing their mask properly (for example, under their nose), I tell them to adjust it. If it becomes an issue, they are sent to the principal. Any student not wearing a mask at all immediately gets sent to the principal and then is sent home. If the student cannot listen to the rules, they are not allowed in school. It’s as simple as that.

It seems like your administration needs a school wide policy and it needs to be enforced.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Not true.
In my school, all the kids 4+ wear masks. It is natural. They suck it up and handle it!!!

amother
Lemon

Look at where there is the most covid in Israel. Last I checked, it was in Charedi areas. I am sure illegal schools don't help.

Incidentally, I am also a teacher in Israel, at a school for high risk pupils which was legally open during the past few months. We had an outbreak of covid (over ten cases) this past month, pupils and teachers. And you know who got sick? The pupils who walked around with their masks on their chins, and the teachers who hung around the staff room without a mask, drinking coffee for hours and chatting.
The pupils and teachers who had masks did NOT get sick. And if fact, the health ministry even informed us that if both pupils and teachers had been wearing a mask, and windows were open, and SD was kept - then no need to go into quarantine even if a sick person was in the class. If one of these factors was not kept (such as masks), then the whole class had to quarantine for 2 weeks.

If that is the case then we have our perfect solution right there.
Those who protect themselves will stay healthy. Those who don't, might get sick. Their choice.
If you believe what you just wrote, all you have to do is wear your mask.
Good luck and enjoy

amother
Lime

So now go figure why monsey, Monroe, bp and willi the numbers are completely down. Schools have not stopped running and masks are stuck in the bag or around the neck with a necklace.
I would allow the kids some freedom of no masks and not be a monster be a caring teacher. I myself can’t handle masks I get severe headaches I can’t concentrate in them

amother
Tangerine

amother [ Gold ] wrote:

I am in general a follower of rules. But I tell my kids to not wear masks if they don’t absolutely need to. You need to use your critical thinking skills and not just be part of the “ sheeple”.

I really hope your kids aren't attending a school where masks are mandatory.
You can use your critical thinking skills and do what you want on your turf, not on public turf where there are rules.

How would you feel if another mother sent her son to school with drugs because she believes they open the mind, and why be part of the 'sheeple'? Or a mother who sends her dd to your bais ya'akov in halter tops because she is using her critical thinking skills to dress as she wants?

Or do only you get to break the rules?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

I would allow the kids some freedom of no masks and not be a monster be a caring teacher.

You would do that? There are parents who send to school because they trust the school will keep to mask and SD rules. I can't decide to endanger their kids just because I think it's unnecessary.

How would you feel about a teacher who decided to let the girls smoke because they need some freedom, and all this lung cancer talk is just a scare anyway?
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics