Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What’s your favorite double stroller...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:04 pm
...for infant and toddler and why is it your favorite?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:14 pm
Mountain buggy duet. Narrowest!!

Power1Mom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:14 pm
It depends for what. Around my neighborhood, the Bugaboo Donkey. Great push, so many options, regarding bassinet, regular seat, forward facing, rear facing. Great basket.
I haven’t used it for in and out of the car though, so I can’t say regarding that.
I’ve also liked the City Mini GT. I would probably only put a child in here, over 6 months old. Also, great push! It’s held my kids even at 6 years old. I don’t love the basket access though. It’s also really heavy in and out of the car. But it’s a lot less expensive than the Bugaboo Donkey.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Mountain buggy duet. Narrowest!!

This works as a single also right? I’m looking at pictures online and I can’t tell if you can get the seat completely upright? Also does it push easily over cracks and bumps etc?

monkeyland

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:24 pm
Following

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:24 pm
mommyg123 wrote:
It depends for what. Around my neighborhood, the Bugaboo Donkey. Great push, so many options, regarding bassinet, regular seat, forward facing, rear facing. Great basket.
I haven’t used it for in and out of the car though, so I can’t say regarding that.
I’ve also liked the City Mini GT. I would probably only put a child in here, over 6 months old. Also, great push! It’s held my kids even at 6 years old. I don’t love the basket access though. It’s also really heavy in and out of the car. But it’s a lot less expensive than the Bugaboo Donkey.

Bugaboo donkey looks great but sooooo expensive

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:29 pm
I have an uppababy vista, and I assumed when I had #2 if they were close in age I'd get the second seat, but I read all this stuff about how it's really a lousy double. So I got the Citi mini double second hand for pretty cheap, figuring I'd pass it on if it didn't work out, but I'm really very happy with it! It pushes well, reclines enough for infant (I do use an insert), and my 2 year old is comfy too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I have an uppababy vista, and I assumed when I had #2 if they were close in age I'd get the second seat, but I read all this stuff about how it's really a lousy double. So I got the Citi mini double second hand for pretty cheap, figuring I'd pass it on if it didn't work out, but I'm really very happy with it! It pushes well, reclines enough for infant (I do use an insert), and my 2 year old is comfy too.

So I really like the idea of having a solid good single that becomes a double and was really interested in getting the mockingbird which is very similar to the uppababy vista just much cheaper. I’m seeing similar reviews about it not pushing easily as a double (but great as a single) so not sure about it. I can try it out for 30 days and return technically...but that’s why I’m starting to look into other options.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:01 pm
City mini GT. I don't have babies anymore, but my friend was just telling me how much she loves hers!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This works as a single also right? I’m looking at pictures online and I can’t tell if you can get the seat completely upright? Also does it push easily over cracks and bumps etc?

There is an option to remove the second seat and replace it with extra storage space.
The seat doesn't go completely up right. (Does any stroller seat?)
Yes. It has a very smooth push. And great one handed stear and curb pop. Not great over grass/sand. Terrible over snow.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
There is an option to remove the second seat and replace it with extra storage space.
The seat doesn't go completely up right. (Does any stroller seat?)
Yes. It has a very smooth push. And great one handed stear and curb pop. Not great over grass/sand. Terrible over snow.

Gotcha. So modular strollers like uppababy vista for example have complete upright seats

flapsmom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 4:04 pm
Love the valco snap duo. Great push, huge canopies, option to attach a bassinet or carseat for a newborn.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
City mini GT. I don't have babies anymore, but my friend was just telling me how much she loves hers!

City mini gt is really great, I have the single. But in the double, it is SOOO WIDE!! For me a priority was being able to still fit thru places, so I got the mountain buggy and BH it's great.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:02 pm
out n about ,nipper.

its a DREAM to push. like driving a car.

way lighter then my single city mini with a big kid in.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:17 pm
Mountain buggy plus one!

Love it

sari00

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:29 pm
Bugaboo donkey well worth the investment... excellent quality- lasts

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:31 pm
Just popped in to vote Bugaboo Donkey, nothing like it

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
City mini gt is really great, I have the single. But in the double, it is SOOO WIDE!! For me a priority was being able to still fit thru places, so I got the mountain buggy and BH it's great.

Ok, we live in Lakewood, so that doesn't matter. I guess it depends where you live! It seems to be very easy to open and shut for in and out of the car. And it's a dream to wheel.

Power1Mom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:25 pm
I find the City Mini GT great for walking- but a huge pain in and out of the car. Very heavy. Very annoying. I hurt myself every time!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:40 pm
I like the original Mountain Buggy , not duet. Not as narrow and strong like a truck.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics