Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Positive parenting- real life scenarios
  Previous  1  2  3 41 42  43  44  Next

nchr

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:05 pm
yksraya wrote:
sounds like she might have adhd...

I don't think so because the school has never said anything, because she sits quietly at every official meal, can sit through an entire mussaf in shul Rosh Hashana without batting an eye, etc.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:07 pm
nchr wrote:
She's not an intruder ch'v. I love her and her personality is super special. I have many 7 siblings so it's not foreign to me, it is just very disruptive when it is in your face and confusing when you need to tend to it as a parent.

I get that. My oldest is very different from me and it was very triggering to me until I healed. Much as I always loved her.

crust

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:08 pm
yksraya wrote:
sounds like she might have adhd...

Next to a 5 parent many children can appear to have add.

yksraya

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:08 pm
crust wrote:
Lol you crack me up
I do know some 7s that have a knack to a single subject.
yes, I guess everyone's strong points are somewhere else. Mine was always vocabulary. I like to detect the root of words. But I think it's because I'm tri-lingual?

yksraya

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:11 pm
crust wrote:
They always have time. They are also extremely savvy and באפארעט.
yes, that's how I used to be.

I guess with age and other weaknesses, I can't say that anymore.

crust

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:13 pm
yksraya wrote:
yes, that's how I used to be.

I guess with age and other weaknesses, I can't say that anymore.

But they always have ideas on how to make life easier, quicker.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:19 pm
nchr wrote:
My 7 daughter loves food, gets it all over the table, her clothing, the floor, and then eats some more. She then goes to clean up but becomes distracted. Starts coloring one thing, but doesn't complete it and is looking for more fun. Glitter all over the place. Takes a camera and takes funny pictures of herself in the toilet mirror. Singing and jumping around. Wants to know why everyone else isn't on the same beat. Doesn't remember her teachers name because she couldn't care less. I don't know how to explain it. Yes, very fun, if you like that kind of fun. I love her and I know she has so much potential because my 7 siblings are great people.

Sounds like possible ADHD

yksraya

crust wrote:
But they always have ideas on how to make life easier, quicker.
sure so! Why do things the hard way?!?!

nchr

Zehava wrote:
Sounds like possible ADHD

Could a child with ADHD be one of the best behaved child in class (as per her teachers), never talk in public, go to shul for 5 hours and sit quietly and daven, same at sheva brachos, etc.? I will take her to be evaluated if that's the case and if it can help her, but I have siblings like her too and they do not have ADHD.

crust

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:27 pm
yksraya wrote:
sure so! Why do things the hard way?!?!

And the food you prepare...
I think if someone doesn't have a 7 in their life they're missing out.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:37 pm
nchr wrote:
Could a child with ADHD be one of the best behaved child in class (as per her teachers), never talk in public, go to shul for 5 hours and sit quietly and daven, same at sheva brachos, etc.? I will take her to be evaluated if that's the case and if it can help her, but I have siblings like her too and they do not have ADHD.

If she was very afraid yes

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:38 pm
crust wrote:
And the food you prepare...
I think if someone doesn't have a 7 in their life they're missing out.

Dh is a seven and I concur. Food is his love language.

nchr

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
If she was very afraid yes

Afraid of what? She just loves fun. She is just here to have friends and fun and glitter and food.

crust

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:43 pm
nchr wrote:

I don't think that you need to take the ADD route.

In the chassdidish world even a girl has ADD she will be able to get decent grades in school and she will make it.

I think the focus has to be on giving her understanding and valuing her for what she is.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:44 pm
nchr wrote:

It presents very differently with girls. I was shocked too.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:53 pm
nchr wrote:
Afraid of what? She just loves fun. She is just here to have friends and fun and glitter and food.

Afraid of punishment

dena613

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:03 pm
nchr wrote:

Never talk in public?

Because she's shy, or because it isn't acceptable?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:07 pm
nchr wrote:
My 7 daughter loves food, gets it all over the table, her clothing, the floor, and then eats some more. She then goes to clean up but becomes distracted. Starts coloring one thing, but doesn't complete it and is looking for more fun. Glitter all over the place. Takes a camera and takes funny pictures of herself in the toilet mirror. Singing and jumping around. Wants to know why everyone else isn't on the same beat. Doesn't remember her teachers name because she couldn't care less. I don't know how to explain it. Yes, very fun, if you like that kind of fun. I love her and I know she has so much potential because my 7 siblings are great people.

Messy isn't 7. Messy is messy. Like my students whose papers are flying on the windowsill.

Distractable and messy are making us think ADHD.

She sounds like a funny, spunky kid!

Please give her a huge hug and tell you how much you love her!!!

On the other hand, I can't imagine a kid who is like this at home being described as the best kid in school... Unless the teacher is inflating everything? Because the needy and distracted part don't do well in school.

nchr

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:31 pm
It's really inappropriate for me to discuss my child or anyone's child like this, a violation of their privacy.

yksraya

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:37 pm
nchr wrote:
never talk in public? Boy she is not a 7?

I'm not saying the occasional shy or reserved, but how long can a 7 stay quiet!

My son (not a 7) is very calm, and can behave quite well, but he most probably has add. And yes, he is not the neatest, and can leave his stuff scattered. Although he is bh getting older and a bit more responsible, so the messes aren't as bad anymore.
Page 42 of 44   Previous  1  2  3 41 42  43  44  Next Recent Topics