Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Stuck with A-line or fit and flare

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:13 pm
I'm short (somewhere between 5'2"-5'3") and built petite. I'm average weight. I have never been able to wear anything other than A-line or fit and flare skirts and dresses. While it works for me, it's kind of frustrating never to be able to wear certain styles.

Has anyone with their weight in their hips/thighs/backside found a way to wear varied styles?

Also, what do you do tznius-wise? I find that straight/pencil never covers my knee, and if I add material, it becomes very tight and looks unflattering.

Ideas?

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:02 pm
Try tall styles for pencil skirts. That might give you the extra length you need.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:07 pm
I used to only wear a-line. My waist was a size 0, and my thighs were size 4-6. It was so annoying! The only thing that helped me was toning my thighs and tush.
ETA-My thighs are still where I hold my weight, but I don’t look as pear-y now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:08 pm
1091 wrote:
Try tall styles for pencil skirts. That might give you the extra length you need.

That makes me look even worse. I'm short. It's not just about length - it's about where it hits.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I used to only wear a-line. My waist was a size 0, and my thighs were size 4-6. It was so annoying! The only thing that helped me was toning my thighs and tush.

How did you do that?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How did you do that?

15/20 min of cardio + 1 YouTube video I’ll try to find the link. I do this every day. It’s a real pain.

Here’s the vid https://youtu.be/AGYM9Quh9J0

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:20 pm
No. I cant wear anything only short tops and a line skirts even pleated skirts look weird. Im 5'0 with a narrow waiste and all my weight in my backside and thighs.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:29 pm
I’m 5”3 at 120 lb with a hour glass figure. So yes I know exactly what you mean. I love fit and flair So that’s my go to. I have been able to wear pencil skirts but gotta try on a lot To find one that doesn’t make my butt look huge and alter them so it’s a pain. Any shapeless Bag style thing is a no no. Sorry. But certain cycles can be altered or modified. What styles did you have in mind?

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:17 pm
I don't see the problem. I only wear waisted - even in maternity I need a high waist - and I always look great. Mind you it took years of teenagehood til I figured it out, but at least I got there fairly quickly.

I actually hate early pregnancy when I switch to pencil skirts and long tunic tops. It doesn't feel like me, I hate it. I hate pencil skirts and tops - not worth worrying about how my tush looks when a higher waist is just more flattering.

I used to love modcloth but I have a more sophisticated style now. But vintage 1950s is a great cut for me.

I got great at shopping and I can tell at a glance if an item is worth trying on or not, and I usually know also at first glance if it will be a keeper. Salespeople are amazed at how decisive I am when they try showing me things. I'll try anything on but it always comes down to the same fit and flare.
I'm 120, 5'3 and hourglass!

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:39 am
We have similar figures.

I find pencil skirts to be annoying, difficult to walk/climb stairs in, and unflattering. I never wear them.

Not every style flatters every body type, and some styles are just not practical even if they look good.

C'est la vie.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:56 am
You can buy a straight skirt then gave the waist taken in. It’s usually pretty simple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics