Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tell me about bunkbeds

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:37 pm
My two daughters share a room and need bigger beds. Will I really regret getting them bunkbeds? What are the pros and cons if you have them?

STMommy

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:39 pm
I have bunkbeds that can separate into two twin beds

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:14 pm
We love the bunkbed. And we bought the one that can separate into 2 nice beds if we ever need.

Stars

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:20 pm
Pain in the neck to change the sheets on the top bed. I wouldn’t get a bunk bed until the kid on top is willing and able to change the sheets on their own.
Otherwise great.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:37 pm
I have a bunk bed that eventually be used as two single beds.
My oldest Dd yelled at younger dd every time she moved. If ur dc is not like that it can work amazing otherwise take this into account

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:58 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We love the bunkbed. And we bought the one that can separate into 2 nice beds if we ever need.

Could you possibly link to where I could buy such a thing?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I've also been looking to buy a bunkbed, and most separate into two. l've specifically been looking for one with a trundle underneath as well. Here are some links on wayfair, but again, most that I've seen separate:
https://www.wayfair.com/baby-k......html
https://www.wayfair.com/baby-k.....73866
https://www.wayfair.com/baby-k.....52660

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 3:12 pm
Has anyone bought a 33 inch bunkbed from wayfair?
Can you post a link?

Teomima

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 11:21 am
I also bought a bunk bed that could be separated. It was great. We used it as a bunk for many years, have since separated it, but have plans to buy a third bed to reconvert back into a bunk bed that can also eventually be separated. Also, utilize the space underneath. We got one with a bottom pull out and two drawers under that, birth of which have been invaluable.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We got an Orbelle at Mega Babies quite a few years ago.

https://www.orbelle.com/products/bunk-beds/

Check out the last picture in the link. When the beds are separated, the larger boards from the bottom become the headboards for both individual beds. And the shorter boards from the top become the foot boards for both beds.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:06 pm
We got one that could be separated into two beds and has a drawer staircase instead of a ladder. It was more expensive but really gave a lot of storage room and it’s not so hard to change the linens now.

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 10:27 pm
We have the metal one from Ikea. To me it feels a lot sturdier than the wooden ones that I see most people have. If the person on one bed is really bouncing around then the other person will feel it and yell at them to stop, but in general they aren't shaky or squeaky every time someone moves.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 10:28 pm
Maybe it depends on the piece. Ours doesn't shake or squeak.

monseymom25

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:01 am
I second the poster who said it's hard to change the linen. It's also hard to make the bars every day. It's difficult when the child on top is sick.

myname1

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:00 am
Our biggest issue was air circulation. We had it in a tiny room with just a ceiling fan and the bottom bunk stayed hot. With a separate standing fan this was fine and with AC it's probably not an issue. Also, ours was a lower top bunk than typical I think, which probably made it worse.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
We got one that could be separated into two beds and has a drawer staircase instead of a ladder. It was more expensive but really gave a lot of storage room and it’s not so hard to change the linens now.

Possible to link it? Were looking into such type of bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics