Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Let's open a can of worms
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:08 am
Surrendered wrote:
Vaccinate or not?!?!?
Homebirth vs hospital birth!!!

My strong opinion: Homebirth are for woman who are totally naive! They have no clue what issues can crop up the last moment. May they never have to know.
There are certain problems that can happen randomly to any woman giving birth, even if you've never been high risk. Midwives cannot treat dangerous scenarios. There's no time to rush to a hospital in such circumstances. Talking from experience. God forbid if I would have tried giving birth at home. Me, and two of my children wouldn't have made it. I've had some typical birth experiences And I am not high risk at all. No one is guaranteed against such experiences.

IDK which homebirthing women you know. Those I know are not clueless but rather choose to assume those risks for various reasons.

No one is guaranteed anything regardless of their choice of location for birth.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:13 am
1. Trashing non jews in ways we wouldn't trash jews, ever..even jews who do really horrible things.
2. Calling non religious jews "non jews" or "just like non jews"
3. Referring to anything one disagrees with re: parenting as "child abuse" because it's hard or kids cry.
4. Making excuses for abusive and manipulative behavior because "it's mom", "it's dh", "it's a rabbi"...

singleagain

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:19 am
I get in a posting frenzy when I see misconceptions about mental health.

Also derision and looking down on anyone.

I also don't like the black and white statements and shoot there was one other thing......

Edit to add I remember:

I don't like it when people get too nosy asking for stories they're not entitled to and reasons why divorce etc happens because you'll never know the full story and when people make sweeping generalizations about half a story I get very passionate about pointing out the opposite

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm realizing how certain topics make people so worked up - that the topic gets tens of replies immediately - and each one is at least a paragraph long and loaded with emotion.

Can you share which topics would be a can of worms for you?
What would make you respond immediately and passionately?

Trolls
Intimacy like
Grr

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:27 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
IDK which homebirthing women you know. Those I know are not clueless but rather choose to assume those risks for various reasons.

No one is guaranteed anything regardless of their choice of location for birth.

I see what you did there 😂

bigsis144

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:29 am
Oh! I thought of another thing —

You’ll probably find me on music threads, especially about “what is Jewish music anyway” or “songs stolen from non-Jewish sources”. I have OPINIONS.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 11:30 am
A light sarcastic thread will definitely pique my interest and open up a can of cherry pie filling 🍒 .
Can’t think of anything else.
ETA oh games too. Even non sarcastic ones. Very very serious ones work too.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:59 pm
Another this but not that game
Oh come on we have enough

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Didn’t do them in a while. Don’t know if it was a good idea for you to remind us! Laugh

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:02 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Didn’t do them in a while. Don’t know if it was a good idea for you to remind us! Laugh

Plzzz just don't

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:05 pm
Plzzz just don't

I wouldn’t want to be the cause of worms crawling all over you so I won’t. Btw you can always block games.

Java

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:16 pm

Yup lol. I started the original thread and ExtraCredit made me regret it realll fast

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:18 pm
bananas4bananas wrote:
Yup lol. I started the original thread and ExtraCredit made me regret it realll fast

Boy was I confused on your thread at first! But I got my revenge! Wink

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I see what you did there 😂

Yup! Exactly.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 4:06 pm
[quote="ExtraCredit"]I wouldn’t want to be the cause of worms crawling all over you so I won’t. Btw you can always block games.[/quote

I love games but not that one because 10's of them happened

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 3:36 pm
I think one of the things that upsets me most is when someone says "at least you have a mother, be grateful for her!" (I have an abusive mother). Or people who had decent parents trying to give mosar about kibud av ve'em to people who had terrible parents. Just stop!

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 4:46 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Vaccinate or not?!?!?
Homebirth vs hospital birth!!!

My strong opinion: Homebirth are for woman who are totally naive! They have no clue what issues can crop up the last moment. May they never have to know.
There are certain problems that can happen randomly to any woman giving birth, even if you've never been high risk. Midwives cannot treat dangerous scenarios. There's no time to rush to a hospital in such circumstances. Talking from experience. God forbid if I would have tried giving birth at home. Me, and two of my children wouldn't have made it. I've had some typical birth experiences And I am not high risk at all. No one is guaranteed against such experiences.

You got me!
In my experience, anyone who calls ladies who homebirth have not met any. A woman who gives birth at home usually has done significantly more research into her options and has backup emergency measures.
Homebirth midwives who are properly trained and sufficiently experienced could catch a problem way way earlier than hospital personnel.

There, now go close the can!

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:02 pm
[quote="amother [ Goldenrod ]"]
ExtraCredit wrote:
I wouldn’t want to be the cause of worms crawling all over you so I won’t. Btw you can always block games.[/quote

I love games but not that one because 10's of them happened

Right. For next time we should keep them all under the same thread even when the rules of the game changes!

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:55 pm
Threads about finances where posters claim that Rabbeim get paid so much and they get so much vacation and tuition breaks that its a chutzpah.
Those wind me up big time. Because dh is a rebbi, he works 4 jobs in the school year and 2 jobs in the summer, is never home, never has time for me and the kids and btw we dont get tuition breaks! and its a struggle - its so hard to hear ignorant people belittling your struggles

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:06 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I don’t know why, but you’ll always find me correcting people’s misconceptions about evolution, geology, astronomy, relativity and other scientific concepts.

I don’t try to force any particular beliefs on anyone, but I will correct your bad science, by golly. A lady doesn’t start fights, but she *will* end them. Don’t use something as a “proof” if you don’t actually understand it, PLEASE.

Why can't the torah contradict science when there are countless stories in the torah that obviously defy science. The parshas we've read the last few weeks fly in the face of science.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics