Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
No more antibodies

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:36 pm
I tested and got positive antibodies in June and in September. Negative this week.
Was really hoping to have at least through Chanukah, but they're gone. One family member still has. The other few who also tested positive in September, don't have any more either.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:44 pm
Studies lately have shown that while antibodies goes down there are killer immune cells that the person will have for much much longer.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tested and got positive antibodies in June and in September. Negative this week.
Was really hoping to have at least through Chanukah, but they're gone. One family member still has. The other few who also tested positive in September, don't have any more either.

Positive antibodies without infection are worth nothing. It's called a false positive.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Positive antibodies without infection are worth nothing. It's called a false positive.

How can you say that will all the asymptomatic cases??

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:00 pm

Why?
Is there no such thing as people that have COVID and are asymptomatic?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:32 pm
Maybe test again.
The tests are known to not be accurate.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:42 pm
And this is why people need to stop assuming they still have antibodies. Unless you tested yesterday, you have no idea.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Maybe test again.
The tests are known to not be accurate.

I wish. But a few of us are negative after having been positive, so it's not just one test.
So frustrating, but I want to be careful, as I do visit an immunocompromised relative at times. I've tried to take precautions, but wasn't as concerned before with recent antibody results . I will be a lot more careful now.

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 9:42 pm
Memory cell antibodies have the capacity to create antibodies that they "remember" upon reinfection. Look it up.

Stay safe & well.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:25 am

What does this mean? Say someone was infected half a year ago and tests positive for antibodies now.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:06 am
Depends which lab u used. I tested in may after having the virus in march. I had antibodies. I tested again last week with the same lab . it went down with 2-3 points but its still good enough bh. Dh tested one lab that was neg and a diff lab was positive.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:15 am
PinkFridge wrote:
What does this mean? Say someone was infected half a year ago and tests positive for antibodies now.

A dr in a local hospital (nj) told me he is currently treating 3 patients testing positive for covid second time and testing positive for antibodies.
I have a relative recently tested positive for covid second time. Just came off respirator bH. He had antibodies and donated plasma.
It’s hard to know how long antibodies are really good for...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics