Home

I'm feeling awful after flu shot

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Miscellaneous


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

itsme2020




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:49 am
Hi! I got the flu shot this Friday morning. Friday night felt achy all over and feverish. Felt weak yesterday and woke up this morning feeling extremely weak and nauseous. Anyone had a similar experience? How long does this last??
Back to top

meme6




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:51 am
itsme2020 wrote:
Hi! I got the flu shot this Friday morning. Friday night felt achy all over and feverish. Felt weak yesterday and woke up this morning feeling extremely weak and nauseous. Anyone had a similar experience? How long does this last??


You could have gotten the flu from the shot it can last a few days or up to 10 days
Back to top

crust




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:53 am
Yes I had it and so did my mother.

I don't take the shot anymore.
Back to top

newbie613




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:05 am
crust wrote:
Yes I had it and so did my mother.

I don't take the shot anymore.


My mother also always gets the flu from the flu shot and stopped taking it.
Back to top

chocolatecake




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:08 am
I don’t generally take the flu shot for this exact reason. The itchy feeling lasts around 2-3 for me. I gave all my kids the flu shot this year and none of them had this. I wonder if it’s more common in adults.
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:44 am
meme6 wrote:
You could have gotten the flu from the shot it can last a few days or up to 10 days


No you can’t. It’s not live. It’s an immune response.
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:10 am
One of my kids and I both had achy and cranky responses to the shot, plus a sore arm. It lasted 2 days and was mostly gone by the third. The rest of the family didn't complain at all.
Back to top

WitchKitty




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:25 am
OBnursemom wrote:
No you can’t. It’s not live. It’s an immune response.

Can you get the flu from the nasal spray vaccine?
Back to top

bunchagirlies




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:13 pm
You cannot get the flu for the shot! it's dead!
Your immune system is reacting strongly to the shot. This is NOT adult with flu! Adult with flu isn't just weak, achy and nauseous!
When I had the flu as an adult I had a raging fever of 103-104.5 for 4 days, followed by another 4 days of 101-102. I couldn't breathe while laying down or sitting straight up. I lived on a reclining half reclined for a weak, with my eyes closed most of the time. Couldn't talk most of the time either.
I'd take some aches, weakness and nausea over the real stuff anytime!
Back to top

octopus




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:43 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Can you get the flu from the nasal spray vaccine?


I thought the nasal spray vaccine contained live virus.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:44 pm
It's an immune response and lasts 2 days. Refuah Shelaima!!
Back to top

QUEENY




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:41 pm
My ds had a really high fever after getting the flu shot this year. Tg he was home on zoom for the next few days or the school would've made him quarintine for 2 weeks!
Back to top

chocolate moose




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 8:08 pm
every year is different. if you don't feel well, take a few days off.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 8:12 pm
I always feel crummy a few days after a flu shot.

This year, after surviving 2 rounds of Corona, I'm getting the shot. My immune system is not as strong as it used to be, and I really can't afford to get a severe case of the flu.

I'm going to see if I can get the pneumonia vaccine, too.


(B'H, with the Corona vaccines, all I got was a slight headache that went away with Tylenol.)
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 8:28 pm
I stopped getting the flu shot because every time I get it I am sick with fever plus for 2-3 days and the few times I have gotten the flu it was always a variant that the flu shot doesn’t work for. It’s very common to get sick from it.
Back to top

art




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 8:50 pm
bunchagirlies wrote:
You cannot get the flu for the shot! it's dead!
Your immune system is reacting strongly to the shot. This is NOT adult with flu! Adult with flu isn't just weak, achy and nauseous!
When I had the flu as an adult I had a raging fever of 103-104.5 for 4 days, followed by another 4 days of 101-102. I couldn't breathe while laying down or sitting straight up. I lived on a reclining half reclined for a weak, with my eyes closed most of the time. Couldn't talk most of the time either.
I'd take some aches, weakness and nausea over the real stuff anytime!


Agree. The shot can make you achy and weak for a couple of days (2-3), but the real flu is way worse.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Miscellaneous

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Getting into actually mourning feeling on tisha bav
by amother
2 Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:16 am View last post
Feeling left out! Monsey food box??
by amother
5 Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:37 pm View last post
Feeling very bloated lately
by amother
6 Mon, Jun 27 2022, 5:37 pm View last post
Feeling Undermined 32 Mon, May 30 2022, 9:25 am View last post
Children Shot Dead in Texas 13 Wed, May 25 2022, 10:26 am View last post