Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Life now VS life then.

jewgal84

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 12:58 pm
www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Fl.....r.swf

Have you done some thinking today:

How would you introduce your self to G-D?

Are you the type of person you'd want to spend the rest of your life with?

Are you living outside-in or inside-out?

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

If you had 3 minutes to live who would you call and why?

technic

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 2:49 pm
I like these - they really make u think!...ty 4 posting Very Happy

Rivka

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 6:07 pm
The last thing was the 3 minute to live...well imagine the scenario..."aagh three minutes to live, quick, must call my husband/wife/child/parent/sibling (tick where appropriate). Ring ring ring ring ring (one minute wasted...then) click "you have reached the voicemail of _____, if you would like to leave a message press 1 beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
By that time the 3 minutes would be up....oh well, at least you tried.
Drunken Smile

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 11:15 am
hashem knows who I am- I won't have to introduce myself

yes, I can live w/ myself (most of the time) 8)

both- depending on the day and time but more often outside in Confused

I try new things all the time- from foods, to activities, to imamother topics LOL

with 3 minutes to live hmmmmm......... I hope I would use them for teffila- it would be my last chance for it

baby's mom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 11:07 pm
[quote="jewgal84"]www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Fl.....r.swf

Thanks for sharing! Wink

daisylover

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 10:43 pm
great thoughts to think about!

but about the tefillah thing, would you "waste" it on that? once you arein shamayim, you are so close to hashem, that you can daven/ ask for anything..... Idea

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 1:23 am
mitzvos can be done only in olam hazeh- so I would try to get davening in while still here

daisylover

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 10:13 pm
you would do davening as your last mitzvah? I would think it would be some type of chesed type mitzvah where you wouldbe helping someone. but I guess everyone is diff.
I would daven once I am so close to hashem knowing that my msg got across clearly....

Rivka

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 4:43 pm
I don't think davening is a mitzvah, I would probably go eat something and make a brocho quick as it would be the last time to do that and the same time I eat a kzayis I would put some money in the tzedakah box.

Talking about 3 more minutes to live...what would be better. To die in a violent death or a bomb or to die from a desease.

willow

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 5:35 pm
Really inspiring thank you. only the last part about only three minutes left of your life is a really scary thought. ( I have this enormous fear of death) embarrassed

chen

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 6:50 pm
Well, I have enormous respect and admiration for those people who were trapped on the upper floors of the burning WTC and called their families to say goodbye. (OK, they had more than 3 minutes, but still...) One man supposedly had the presence of mind to call his rav, tell him he gives his wife a get (knowing there is little if any chance of his remains being found soon, if at all), say viduy with him, and presumably call his wife to say goodbye. (No sources for this, there were kajillions of stories circulating post 9/11, many of them totally inspiring and totally true, others totally inspiring and totally fictitious.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics