Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What to do with chicken breast for Shabbat?

hodeez

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:04 am
So I have chicken breast out, I kind of hate working with it bc it's so dry when it cools off or rewarmed. So what can I make that won't taste like cardboard?

MiriFr

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:06 am
Pound it with a meat tenderizer to make it soft

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:08 am
Pulled chicken in crock pot with taco seasoning. Eat with taco shells and toppings.

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:12 am
Boneless or bone in? I like to make saucy recipes with boneless chicken or schnitzel.

hodeez

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:20 am
mha3484 wrote:
Boneless or bone in? I like to make saucy recipes with boneless chicken or schnitzel.

Boneless. What type of sauce?

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:23 am
My kids love when we do Asian like sweet and sour, sesame chicken, orange chicken, honey garlic.

Chicken piccata or chicken marsala are also really good. Both have sauce that keep it from drying out.

dankbar

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:28 am
I made latke crusted fried chicken nuggets

Good Friend

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:35 am
OOTforlife wrote:
Pulled chicken in crock pot with taco seasoning. Eat with taco shells and toppings.

I just found out that we'll be having guests tomorrow, was planning on a simple meal and have just 2 chicken breasts for protein. Can I make pulled chicken with BBQ sauce in crock pot and serve in pitas with cucumbers, tomatoes and onions diced small and shredded lettuce? Would that be good? I have to turn this into a normal meal...

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:54 am
Good Friend wrote:
I just found out that we'll be having guests tomorrow, was planning on a simple meal and have just 2 chicken breasts for protein. Can I make pulled chicken with BBQ sauce in crock pot and serve in pitas with cucumbers, tomatoes and onions diced small and shredded lettuce? Would that be good? I have to turn this into a normal meal...

We have not made with barbecue sauce, but there are lots of recipes for that. Pulled chicken in pita is a good way to stretch the amount of meat available. Certainly much further than simply serving the breasts grilled. Maybe you can add some non-chicken protein to your pitas, like chickpeas, hummus, or black beans to make them more filling. Or something rich like avocado.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 12:01 pm
Chicken wellington with mushroom sauce

avrahamama

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 12:01 pm
I just sliced it thin velveted it and stir fried it. The kids just ate the whole thing ... It didn't make it to shabbat

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:25 pm
Good Friend wrote:

Sure but cook now and refrigerate overnight. Chicken breast dries out a lot in the crockpot after just 3 hours- it won't survive overnight cooking.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 3:12 pm
Don’t overcook it

Frumme

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 3:17 pm
Grill/saute/bake, slice into thin strips, and serve over salad. Match your spicing with the flavors of the salad

hodeez

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 3:20 pm
I ended up making fire poppers, thank you everyone for your suggestions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey