Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
New nishmas seminary
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:04 pm
What did you hear about it?
I know the principal will be mrs jakubowitz formerly principal in chemdas.
Do you know why she left? Will new seminary be similar to chemdas?
Any help appreciated!!!

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:53 pm
I have a daughter in 12th grade and didn’t hear about it. How do you know about it

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:21 am
Yes it’s supposed to be like Chemdas.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:18 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I have a daughter in 12th grade and didn’t hear about it. How do you know about it

It was not suggested by teacher in charge of seminary from school. I heard it from my neice that lives oot but them my dd told me that her school principal would be talking with seminary to find out more about it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:19 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Yes it’s supposed to be like Chemdas.

How did you hear about it? Any more details?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:26 am
That’s what my dd’s principal told the girls. We’re looking for something different, so we didn’t ask for more info. We’re chilled yeshivish and Chemdas is regular yeshivish.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:31 am
I heard it's supposed to be just like Chemdas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:32 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I heard it's supposed to be just like Chemdas

Do you know how many girls they plan on taking?
Will the staff also be the same as chemdas?
Do you know where it will be?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:39 pm
Following...Nishmas was just suggested for my daughter by her principal. Also know Rebbetzin Jacobowitz will be principal, she left Chemdas, to be replaced by Rebbetzin Reichman, I believe. I heard Rebbetzin Jacobowitz will be recreating the same environment as Chemdas...I would like to know, aside from very frum and serious girls, what else you can tell me about Chemdas, so I can better understand this new seminary. And yes, where will the seminary be located? Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:45 pm
Looks like nobody knows much about it! Sad

amother
Green

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:51 pm
I have no girls going into seminary, but I'm wondering why mrs jacobowitz keeps switching seminaries? (Nachlas to chemdas to nishmas)
And who is rebbetzin reichman?

I'm a dating myself that I never heard of these ppl Smile
(I was in Hadar about 15 years ago, and mrs jacobowitz's sister was my madricha)

amother
Green

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:52 pm
And LOL I wouldn't name a very right wing BY seminary nishmas when there's a very student type of program called nishmat.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
And LOL I wouldn't name a very right wing BY seminary nishmas when there's a very student type of program called nishmat.

Lol, there used to be Tiferes BY and Tiferet...2 very different sems!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:05 pm
And I'm going to really date myself...in seminary 22 years ago...so someone please explain why all the newer seminaries end in "As" (ChemdAS, NishmAS, etc)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I have no girls going into seminary, but I'm wondering why mrs jacobowitz keeps switching seminaries? (Nachlas to chemdas to nishmas)
And who is rebbetzin reichman?

I'm a dating myself that I never heard of these ppl Smile
(I was in Hadar about 15 years ago, and mrs jacobowitz's sister was my madricha)

I have a dd going to seminary and would love to know about the bolded. Is there a way to find out?
Reb Reichman is Reb zahava Braunstein's daughter. Thats all I heard.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 5:20 pm
It sounds exactly like Chemdas just with a different name. There was recently an open house. Girls who would apply to Chemdas can apply here, as this is the source. The "old" Chemdas will by default change with a different seminary. The seminary was based off the mehalach of the principal, so it will be different.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:23 pm
That makes perfect sense. So really Chemdas is the new seminary, and Nishmas will be what everyone understands! Ok, so my daughter was recommended to apply there because of Rebbetzin Jacobowitz, and we are excited about this... please tell me everything you know about her, and what type of girl she attracted in the past. My daughter is very frum, we are OOT yeshivish (both in klei kodesh but kids are well read in secular books and knowledge, for example, one wants a career in sciences, we are very presentable and up to date, but not megushem, etc), and we would love her to experience Torahs Eretz Yisrael from an old style mechaneches, like what BJJ gives over. My daughter would be too out of the box for Hadar, but she is very strong in yiras shamayim and chashivus haTorah, that is what she grew up with...does this sound like the right fit?

TwoPopcorns

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:49 pm
Yes Indigo. I have gone to Chemdas myself and we love OOT girls there. At least half the girls were OOT (if not more)
From whatever you described it sounds like it could really be something for your daughter
Rebbetzin Jacobovitz herself is from South Africa so she has that OOT calmness and mannerism. Can't say enough about her!

Hatzlacha Rabba!

Elfrida

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
And I'm going to really date myself...in seminary 22 years ago...so someone please explain why all the newer seminaries end in "As" (ChemdAS, NishmAS, etc)

If they're all started by the same person, because this is her style and the way she speaks.

In this case, it was a rather poor choice of name, and they had to do something to distinguish it from Nishmat.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:34 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If they're all started by the same person, because this is her style and the way she speaks.
In this case, it was a rather poor choice of name, and they had to do something to distinguish it from Nishmat.

They are not all started by the same person:. TehillAS, RinAS, NachalAS, BinAS, etc. Why is this the new trend in sem names?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info