Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:41 am
I got my vaccine a week ago (also in Israel). I had pain at the injection site and took two Tylenol that night. The pain lessened each day until it was totally gone three days later. No biggie. I'm scheduled for the second injection two weeks from today.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes , in fact its recommended that you do. Right now, CDC says to wait 90 days since infection.

Hi do you have a link for this?
I checked the cdc and couldn't find it.

(My family member is scheduled to get it bit recovered from covid < 90 days ago.)

Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I got my vaccine a week ago (also in Israel). I had pain at the injection site and took two Tylenol that night. The pain lessened each day until it was totally gone three days later. No biggie. I'm scheduled for the second injection two weeks from today.

Same. I was sore last night when the Tylenol wore off, but today I barely even notice it unless I think about it. Flu shots are worse than this.

As a matter of fact, I was due for a blood draw that day as well, and they sucked 7 vials out of me. The blood draw hurt more than the shot, and now I have a nice bruise on the inside of my elbow.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:08 am
Well obviously blood tests hurt more than shots.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:16 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Hi do you have a link for this?
I checked the cdc and couldn't find it.

(My family member is scheduled to get it bit recovered from covid < 90 days ago.)

Thanks

From the CDC, recently updated so it looks like the 90 days isn’t really a requirement:

Vaccination of persons with known current SARS-CoV-2 infection should be deferred until the person has recovered from the acute illness (if the person had symptoms) and criteria have been met for them to discontinue isolation. This recommendation applies to persons who develop SARS-CoV-2 infection before receiving any vaccine doses as well as those who develop SARS-CoV-2 infection after the first dose but before receipt of the second dose. While there is otherwise no recommended minimum interval between infection and vaccination, current evidence suggests that reinfection is uncommon in the 90 days after initial infection. Thus, persons with documented acute SARS-CoV-2 infection in the preceding 90 days may delay vaccination until near the end of this period, if desired.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/c......html

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From the CDC, recently updated so it looks like the 90 days isn’t really a requirement:

Vaccination of persons with known current SARS-CoV-2 infection should be deferred until the person has recovered from the acute illness (if the person had symptoms) and criteria have been met for them to discontinue isolation. This recommendation applies to persons who develop SARS-CoV-2 infection before receiving any vaccine doses as well as those who develop SARS-CoV-2 infection after the first dose but before receipt of the second dose. While there is otherwise no recommended minimum interval between infection and vaccination, current evidence suggests that reinfection is uncommon in the 90 days after initial infection. Thus, persons with documented acute SARS-CoV-2 infection in the preceding 90 days may delay vaccination until near the end of this period, if desired.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/c......html

Oh ok thanks.
So I suppose it's fine to take < 90 days.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:22 pm
I saw a post on FB by heidi neckelmann. Her very pro vax MD in good health husband died from the pfizer vaccine side effects. She put it out to let people know it is possible to have bad side effects and is not for everyone. To take or not to take is a serious thing to weigh and very individual.

Thank you again for all of you posting. Please continue to let us know how the second dose went.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I saw a post on FB by heidi neckelmann. Her very pro vax MD in good health husband died from the pfizer vaccine side effects. She put it out to let people know it is possible to have bad side effects and is not for everyone. To take or not to take is a serious thing to weigh and very individual.

Thank you again for all of you posting. Please continue to let us know how the second dose went.

But all the articles are already saying- definitely no connection to the vaccine - but if they’re still investigating how can they say that. It’s obvious it had to do with the vaccine. He died from same complications some kids got after receiving the MMR shot - thrombocytopenia- a rare side effect. It’s silly for them to claim it has nothing to do with the vaccine when it obviously one of those rare side effect cases which makes me distrust these ppl even more. We understand there can be rare side effects just don’t cover it up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:37 am
I got the second vaccine shot last week. I waited to post here in case I had any side effects so I could share them. BH nothing except a sore arm like last time!! Feeling great and excited to have immunity.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got the second vaccine shot last week. I waited to post here in case I had any side effects. BH nothing except a sore arm like last time!! Feeling great and excited to have immunity.

Good for you, and thanks for posting your experiences. I'm curious if you'll be more lenient about anything you did until now as a result of the vaccine - e.g. would you now be willing to see your grandkids if you have, go on an airplane, let your kids have more playdates, go to indoor shopping or activities or a shul that's not so careful, etc.?

The doctors recommend that since it's only 95% and the US has a long way to go for herd immunity to continue with masks and SD, but I can't imagine everyone who's vaccinated will adhere to that, so I'm wondering how it's impacting you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Good for you, and thanks for posting your experiences. I'm curious if you'll be more lenient about anything you did until now as a result of the vaccine - e.g. would you now be willing to see your grandkids if you have, go on an airplane, let your kids have more playdates, go to indoor shopping or activities or a shul that's not so careful, etc.?

The doctors recommend that since it's only 95% and the US has a long way to go for herd immunity to continue with masks and SD, but I can't imagine everyone who's vaccinated will adhere to that, so I'm wondering how it's impacting you.

Nothing will change for now in my life except I will have less anxiety when I take care of covid patients. Masks and SD will be the same until my family and everyone we see regularly has the vaccine. It has been so, so hard to not travel and see family, but BeH that will be able to happen in the next few months. If I had to fly and be exposed to so many people at the airport and on the plane, I would still wear my n95. Otherwise, I’ll just keep wearing a regular mask out in public.
Edit- I will take over all of the shopping responsibilities and other things that are inside and higher risk. Right now my DH and I basically split that. But since I have immunity, I’ll do more of it so he doesn’t have the risk.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:56 pm
I'm happy for all the people who are getting their vaccines. I wish I could be one of them. But I'm group 1B and there are a long list of people ahead of me, and the waiting and the lines and the going to faraway places to even get the vaccine in this state are insane. I'm the forgotten person here, the one nobody cares about. I hope I live long enough to get this vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I'm happy for all the people who are getting their vaccines. I wish I could be one of them. But I'm group 1B and there are a long list of people ahead of me, and the waiting and the lines and the going to faraway places to even get the vaccine in this state are insane. I'm the forgotten person here, the one nobody cares about. I hope I live long enough to get this vaccine.

I’m so sorry! Where do you live? Florida?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:02 pm

Sending love.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so sorry! Where do you live? Florida?

I live in a Southwestern state (I don't want to give any more details because I want to stay anonymous).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:07 pm
I live in a Southwestern state (I don't want to give any more details because I want to stay anonymous).

I really hope you can get it soon ❤️

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really hope you can get it soon ❤️

Thank you. I just don't want to have to travel miles and miles or wait forever in long lines. I'm in my 70s and it's not easy for me. Didn't mean to hijack your thread and I apologize.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:17 pm
Thank you. I just don't want to have to travel miles and miles or wait forever in long lines. I'm in my 70s and it's not easy for me. Didn't mean to hijack your thread and I apologize.

Not at all! I’m happy to talk to anyone about anything vaccine related. I wish I could help everyone.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:11 pm
Did anyone else get the vaccine and then get covid shortly after? I’m assuming they won’t give me the second dose now? I think I would have to wait at least 90 days and then get both doses all over?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Did anyone else get the vaccine and then get covid shortly after? I’m assuming they won’t give me the second dose now? I think I would have to wait at least 90 days and then get both doses all over?

I know if people who were exposed after the first dose, had a very mild case, and were able to get the second dose on time.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics