Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Dinner Done cookbook
Previous  1  2  3  Next

hello 1

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:32 pm
I love it. Made a few things from there already. All was great.

SisterSix

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:38 pm
We loved the chicken and potatoes with ketchup and duck sauce, and the shakshuka was really good and easier than I thought it would be

butterfly2

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 12:39 am
I just got the book.
I made the creamy white soup and it was very good.
I made the chocolate chip bars and they were ok. Probably wouldve been better had the recipe called for margarine instead of oil and also it felt too salty.
I made the chicken bites with yellow rice and the cumin made it taste like a cheap israeli takeout dish but maybe some people like that so dunno

imanonymous

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:32 am
I just ordered the cookbook on an Ima's recommendation. I'm hoping I'll have hatzlocha, since I seem to have hit a wall with my meal planning.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:37 am
Hits from the book so far:
Lentil soup
Fettuccini
Funfetti cake
Grilled chicken
Maple salmon

I'm not a fan of the soy sauce or BBQ sauce recipes but that's my own personal taste. To get 5 good recipes from a book I'd say means it's successful Smile

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:56 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Hits from the book so far:
Lentil soup
Fettuccini
Funfetti cake
Grilled chicken
Maple salmon

I'm not a fan of the soy sauce or BBQ sauce recipes but that's my own personal taste. To get 5 good recipes from a book I'd say means it's successful Smile

was this kid friendly? do you recall what the ingredients were in it?

esther36

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:52 pm
My kids are very picky eaters and I made garlic sesame shnitzel, hot poppers and mommy's schnitzel for suppers and all were eaten!!! Also the funfetti cake and chocolate chip sticks were excellent and no mess... Cut back on the salt if you don't like salty taste in baked goods.... I think they have some really kid friendly easy recipes with minimal prep! I'm very happy with the cookbook!

Camry

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:31 pm
Tried a few recipes they were off by timing and temp
Tried the garlic knots needed wayyy more time to bake
In addition the 9x13 baking hack concept doesn’t work for me in my opinion mixing the ingredients in a bowl is much easier and less messy than mixing it in a 9x13 flimsy pan

esther36

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:33 pm
Camry wrote:
Tried a few recipes they were off by timing and temp
Tried the garlic knots needed wayyy more time to bake
In addition the 9x13 baking hack concept doesn’t work for me in my opinion mixing the ingredients in a bowl is much easier and less messy than mixing it in a 9x13 flimsy pan

Is it possible the temperature in your oven is off? I didn't have that problem at all...

QueensMama

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:53 pm
butterfly2 wrote:
I just got the book.
I made the creamy white soup and it was very good.
I made the chocolate chip bars and they were ok. Probably wouldve been better had the recipe called for margarine instead of oil and also it felt too salty.
I made the chicken bites with yellow rice and the cumin made it taste like a cheap israeli takeout dish but maybe some people like that so dunno

I make the bars all the time (got it from the site) and they're a huge hit.

mizle10

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:00 pm
ddmom wrote:
The salad dressing that has lemon juice, oil, soy sauce,honey and garlic was excellent!!!

We tried one pot pasta in cream tomato sauce. By the time pasta was done sauce had totally absorbed and the whole thing was dry!! I think it's just a couple of minutes between done and overdone!
We also tried one pan cakes(the crushed oreos kind and brownies) it was edible but not delicious!!
Like I said, still have to try a few other things. Or maybe try those recipes again, I might have done something wrong!!! Wink

We loved both of the one pot pastas! Came out delicious!

One of my favorite cookbooks that’s come out in a long time!

The smoked brisket was beyond!!!!! Amazing!!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:09 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
was this kid friendly? do you recall what the ingredients were in it?

Very!
Pasta
Milk
Butter
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Eat it right away - it is only good fresh. It says so in the cookbook and I agree with their prediction.

happymom123

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:30 pm
The grilled chicken recipe with breadcrumbs in the spice rub is amazing

Redbird

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:33 pm
I liked the cheesy pancakes, they pretty healthy and still good

mom24.7

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:50 pm
The oatmeal squares in 9x13 were great

fcy

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:16 pm
"In addition the 9x13 baking hack concept doesn’t work for me in my opinion mixing the ingredients in a bowl is much easier and less messy than mixing it in a 9x13 flimsy pan"

I agree, I also find it easier to mix the ingredients in a bowl, mixing in a 9 x 13 is much harder.

srbmom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:22 pm
Quote:
I agree, I also find it easier to mix the ingredients in a bowl, mixing in a 9 x 13 is much harder.

I third this. Made the brownies last week in the pan - was such a mess. Made them today in a bowl, ten times easier. And it's just one extra bowl to clean, it's not like you're avoiding measuring cups and spoons...

So far everything I've made has been super easy and delicious. I am so thrilled with this cookbook

mra01385

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:18 pm
Anybody tried the salads?

imamazing

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:55 pm
Love the cookbook! However, interestingly enough what I thought would be a hit wasn’t- One pan brownies, Dr Pepper meatballs, one pan pasta and ground meat , Pepper steak and the orange chicken...

But many others, like smoked brisket, hot poppers, fettuccine , Choc chip sticks were a hit.

I guess depends on ur family ...

mommyfish

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:10 pm
Love the sushi salad, it’s perfect for shalosh seudos. I made some of my own changes to it and my family loves it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics