Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Non-weird ASMR?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 1:47 pm
Is there any? The sound/brain phenomenon has nothing to do with the weirdness in many videos.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:43 pm
Try kinetic sand cutting videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clqk2U3T9Y

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:47 pm
It started off as certain sounds but has become s-xualized for some reason.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:47 pm
What is soothing to one person, is anxiety inducing to another. It's as individual as what scents you like.

The sheer variety of these recordings just shows how diverse people's tastes can be. You have to sift through them until you find something that "clicks" for you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:50 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Try kinetic sand cutting videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clqk2U3T9Y

Thanks! That's actually really impressive. A lot of work clearly went into arranging the sand visually.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
What is soothing to one person, is anxiety inducing to another. It's as individual as what scents you like.

The sheer variety of these recordings just shows how diverse people's tastes can be. You have to sift through them until you find something that "clicks" for you.

I know a lot of it is personal taste, but most people generally find dentist role play and such stuff weird.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:53 pm
I don't mean to judge people who are into that. I'm just looking for videos/audio that most people would agree isn't weird.

essgee

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:20 pm
have you tried the food types? or the pressure machine stuff (not sure what its called

ETA hydraulic press

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:46 pm
It depends a lot, too, on what you use ASMR for. I use it to help me fall asleep, so my primary criterion is someone who has a relaxing voice. I don't particularly care for all the scratching sounds, etc., nor can I relate to the medical-themed ones.

But as Frantic Frummie said, you have to kiss a lot of frogs. Plus, the most prolific ASMR artists generally have some you won't like and some you will. They try to cater to everyone. Here are a few from YouTube I've liked in general:

Fairy Char ASMR -- she does a lot of "doing your makeup" videos that feature soft talking. I guess I like the idea of having my makeup done more than I like the idea of a dentist visit!

ASMRista Fan -- this is an Israeli woman who has a wide variety of styles. My favorites are where she does arts and crafts while talking softly. My absolute favorite is one where she talks about sheep and reads a story in Ivrit. I'm out cold within minutes!

AmalZD -- My favorites are her Arabic accent videos.

The Honest Guys -- this is really more guided meditation than ASMR, but if you're attempting to relax for sleep or to relieve stress, they're very, very good.

ASMR Loopz -- these are videos from a variety of sources that have been curated on the basis of being unintentionally relaxing. Again, some will appeal to you; others won't.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics