Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To all anti vaxers, I'm alone in this situation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:02 am
thanks wrote:
Having a vaccine to immunize against a virus is not a new idea. This vaccine is not that different than any other, such as flu, polio, mmr, etc. Most of us vaccinate against those viruses and there isn't even an outbreak, let alone a worldwide pandemic. I'm not scared of it. I think the fear of the vaccine is propaganda.
Ask a doctor you trust. (S)he will probably tell you it's safe and a good idea. Most conventional doctors are saying that.

you're cute.

you actually believe that your doctor can oppose the cdc and not lose license.

you cannot trust doctors to give their HONEST opinion.

there are docs that wont vax their kids but will vax YOURS without saying a word.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:17 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Everything I read is that people who has COVID should not get the vaccine. It's unknown what the affects will be especially on someone who is a long hauler - dealing with after affects of COVID.

I haven't heard that. I heard that one shouldn't get the shot within 90 days.
Would this apply even if someone bH seems to have recovered fully? What are your sources?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:20 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I haven't heard that. I heard that one shouldn't get the shot within 90 days.
Would this apply even if someone bH seems to have recovered fully? What are your sources?

My sources are I've read this everywhere and the vaccines were not tested on people who had COVID. So although if someone fully recovered, and even someone who didn't it's very possible the vaccine would do no harm it hasn't been tried and tested so it's really an unknown.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:25 am
Interesting to me how your husband and Dtr who are in the medical field are pro vaccine, but you, who are not a doctor or in the health sciences, is against it. I guess the lay-people know more than the professionals.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:27 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Interesting to me how your husband and Dtr who are in the medical field are pro vaccine, but you, who are not a doctor or in the health sciences, is against it. I guess the lay-people know more than the professionals.

Seems to be the theme here with all things covid Can't Believe It

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:27 am
#BestBubby wrote:
you're cute.

there are docs that wont vax their kids but will vax YOURS without saying a word.

Doctors most certainly say things against the cdc all the time, and don't lose their license.

So you would trust a doctor with your life if you c'v needed open heart surgery, etc., but you don't trust them to tell you if the vaccine is safe? Sometimes we need to turn to them. I also don't blindly follow my doctors advice, but I do trust this vaccine. Before it hit the road it was predictable that there would be opposition. That's regardless of whether or not it's effective or dangerous. So I'm not buying into it.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:35 am
My cousin died of polio about 65 years ago. Had they discovered the vaccine a little sooner, she would be around 75 years old today possibly with many children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren (obviously not Hashem's plan).
Perhaps corona is not as deadly as polio, but we certainly have seen many get very sick and die from it. There have been polio outbreaks in history, but corona is a worldwide pandemic. So either it's more contagious, or in today's society, disease spreads faster due to travel and more interaction between people. Either way, I understand people being apprehensive given the way many people in power handled corona, however, I believe we should be so grateful for the discovery of the vaccine.

Thank you Hashem!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:16 am
I'm pro-vax, but I'm a little anxious about this one since it has no track record. "officially" I didn't have covid, but recent health concerns have me/doctors thinking that I may have had it even if I don't have anti-bodies.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Not necessarily. Taking a vaccine that the side effects aren't known is not part of doing hishtadlus to being healthy. Our mazal can change based on what we do.

I believe that is true only on things that have to do with Avodat Hashem, Torah, Tefillah, Gemulat Chesed(sorry if the spelling is wrong)

I’m not an anti-vaxer, BUT I don’t trust this vaccine when it’s funded by someone who has openly said he is pro lowering the.population of the world

That being said, can someone verify to me if a female gets the vaccine she should not get pregnant for 3 months. And is this true to all vaccines

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:25 am
thanks wrote:
My cousin died of polio about 65 years ago. Had they discovered the vaccine a little sooner, she would be around 75 years old today possibly with many children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren (obviously not Hashem's plan).
Perhaps corona is not as deadly as polio, but we certainly have seen many get very sick and die from it. There have been polio outbreaks in history, but corona is a worldwide pandemic. So either it's more contagious, or in today's society, disease spreads faster due to travel and more interaction between people. Either way, I understand people being apprehensive given the way many people in power handled corona, however, I believe we should be so grateful for the discovery of the vaccine.

Thank you Hashem!

see thats the part I was talking about with regards to hashem is in control. this statement is false and anyone who thinks or believes otherwise is an apikores. there were people who got the polio vaccine and died! there were many mnay people who did not get vaccinated for polio and either got through polio with a very mild cases (only a small percentage resulted in paralysis) or didnt catch polio at all. hashem doesnt need a vaccine to make someone stay alive nor does he need a vaccine to cause someone vaccine like injury. we do what we think is the right hishtadlus but the end result is in his hands.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:37 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
[/b]

That being said, can someone verify to me if a female gets the vaccine she should not get pregnant for 3 months. And is this true to all vaccines

It's not true for all vaccines.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:37 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
see thats the part I was talking about with regards to hashem is in control. this statement is false and anyone who thinks or believes otherwise is an apikores. there were people who got the polio vaccine and died! there were many mnay people who did not get vaccinated for polio and either got through polio with a very mild cases (only a small percentage resulted in paralysis) or didnt catch polio at all. hashem doesnt need a vaccine to make someone stay alive nor does he need a vaccine to cause someone vaccine like injury. we do what we think is the right hishtadlus but the end result is in his hands.

I agree with the idea that it's all in Hashem's hands. But I would say it differently.
It was her time, this was how the cousin was supposed to go. Had she got the shot it might have been something else but it would have been something.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:42 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I agree with the idea that it's all in Hashem's hands. But I would say it differently.
It was her time, this was how the cousin was supposed to go. Had she got the shot it might have been something else but it would have been something.

thats my point. saying what would have been is denying hashem.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:43 am
Op it's tough to be alone. I firmly believe that everyone is given the information they need behashgacha pratis. Shalom obviously comes first, you should avoid all sharing of information as convincing as it can be for this reason. I don't think you can tell another adult what to do, or should even try. They are old enough to make that decision and they probably will be alright. When a decision needs to be made, for example about a young child, your concerns should be taken into consideration, and all points of concern should be analyzed and dealt with.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:43 am
thanks wrote:
Having a vaccine to immunize against a virus is not a new idea. This vaccine is not that different than any other, such as flu, polio, mmr, etc. Most of us vaccinate against those viruses and there isn't even an outbreak, let alone a worldwide pandemic. I'm not scared of it. I think the fear of the vaccine is propaganda.
Ask a doctor you trust. (S)he will probably tell you it's safe and a good idea. Most conventional doctors are saying that.

The other vaccines we're taking were studied for years, it wasn't produced in under a year. A vaccine needs years of studies. A vaccine that was invented and is being produced so fast, especially when not everything about the virus is even known, is dangerous to take.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
The other vaccines we're taking were studied for years, it wasn't produced in under a year. A vaccine needs years of studies. A vaccine that was invented and is being produced so fast, especially when not everything about the virus is even known, is dangerous to take.

I believe we have the ability to study and put out vaccines much faster now than ever before. We have come a long way, the government put lots of money into Pharma so that they could do studies and quickly produce a vaccine.
Thank you Hashem for this discovery!

Bluepink

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:49 am
#BestBubby wrote:
you're cute.

Your post is condescending and false. I have personally worked as an RN for a primary care doctor who was only pro some vaccines, and anti the flu vaccine. He had no issue telling his patients exactly what he thought. The cdc does not license MDs, nor are they able to take it away.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:22 am
thanks wrote:
I believe we have the ability to study and put out vaccines much faster now than ever before. We have come a long way, the government put lots of money into Pharma so that they could do studies and quickly produce a vaccine.
Thank you Hashem for this discovery!

How can there be a vaccine for a virus we don't know much about? It's impossible for a vaccine & it's side effects to be studied in such a short time, especially when they don't know everything about the virus yet.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:23 am
If it’s just about your husband taking it or not, he’s an adult, let him take it if he wants to or needs to for work. When you disagree about what to do with the children, now that’s where it gets tricky. That being said, you are not alone. There are families that have some people vaccinated and some not.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

If thats the case, do you take antibiotic? Do you treat cancer? Hashem is all powerful and can heal 9n its own, however he does things direct hataiva. He is the one who made the person sick. He's also the one who created the cure. He's given doctors the tools to heal.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics