Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To all anti vaxers, I'm alone in this situation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
It’s ridiculous all your claims of “absolutely fine just some soreness on the area” and “mRNA vaccines have been researched for awhile already.” Wait a few years then you can educate us lay people properly.

Why is it ridiculous? It’s fact.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Why is it ridiculous? It’s fact.

You sound so sure. Show me facts abt the future. Sorry try again.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:44 pm
You sound so sure. Show me facts abt the future. Sorry try again.

Nope! It is fact that mRNA vaccines have been researched since the 1990’s. It is fact that a majority of people who have gotten the vaccine so far are reporting soreness at injection site.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:44 pm
What bothers me is the ppl in the medical field are “snickering at us lay people” for thinking we know better than them. Fact: plenty of doctors get things wrong! Just because u went to medical school doesn’t make you an expert on everything. I went college too and I have common sense. It’s ridiculous all your claims of “absolutely fine just some soreness on the area” and “mRNA vaccines have been researched for awhile already.” Wait a few years then you can educate us lay people properly.

I too am college educated, and not in health care. I find the information presented helpful. I now understand that this is an mRNA vaccine, similar to other vaccinations. I am glad to have access to the information about this and the studies. It's great that the doctors are sharing what they know. Means a lot more to me than what you're calling common sense.
Its your choice if you want to wait. While you are waiting, please don't expose your germs or get exposed to someone else's. I am sure you are aware that there is a contagious virus being transmitted worldwide and is presenting an even more contagious mutation.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Nope! It is fact that mRNA vaccines have been researched since the 1990’s. It is fact that a majority of people who have gotten the vaccine so far are reporting soreness at injection site.

You didn’t understand what u meant by ridiculous. I KNOW there’s soreness at the injection site! I’m talking abt it’s ridiculous to be sure that is the only outcome. I said give me facts about the future. You’re not giving me any. You’re just going in circles.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:48 pm
You didn’t understand what u meant by ridiculous. I KNOW there’s soreness at the injection site! I’m talking abt it’s ridiculous to be sure that is the only outcome. I said give me facts about the future. You’re not giving me any. You’re just going in circles.

Facts about the future is an oxymoron.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:49 pm
thanks wrote:
I too am college educated, and not in health care. I find the information presented helpful. I now understand that this is an mRNA vaccine, similar to other vaccinations. I am glad to have access to the information about this and the studies. It's great that the doctors are sharing what they know. Means a lot more to me than what you're calling common sense.
Its your choice if you want to wait. While you are waiting, please don't expose your germs or get exposed to someone else's. I am sure you are aware that there is a contagious virus being transmitted worldwide and is presenting an even more contagious mutation.

Thank you for the advice, I will not be spreading my germs. I’ve been exposed thousands of times. And I don’t go around sneezing or coughing into peoples faces.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Facts about the future is an oxymoron.

Exactly so you can’t claim the vaccine is safe.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:54 pm
Exactly so you can’t claim the vaccine is safe.

Research shows it’s safe but I guess you don’t have to believe research and can make up your own theories about what will happen in the future? Banging head

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Research shows it’s safe but I guess you don’t have to believe research and can make up your own theories about what will happen in the future? Banging head

No one has to believe research, especially research that doesn't make so much sense. It's absolutely impossible to know for certain that the vaccine is safe.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
No one has to believe research, especially research that doesn't make so much sense. It's absolutely impossible to know for certain that the vaccine is safe.

Thank you. And this is 3 months of data from a limited population trial. It’s not long enough for me. They say and I quote “the main concern is not enough ppl wanting to take it” and some concerns of mine :
https://I.imgur.com/CBKvhHt.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/Ri0SLSX.jpg

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:49 pm
Thank you for the advice, I will not be spreading my germs. I’ve been exposed thousands of times. And I don’t go around sneezing or coughing into peoples faces.

It doesn't require sneezing or coughing. Lots of people spread the virus unintentionally. Singing, talking, hugging, breathing, etc. all have contributed to the spread of the virus. (I sure hope noone spread it intentionally.!). As a matter of fact, since you've been exposed thousands of times, it's quite possible that you already contributed to the spread.

Last edited by thanks on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:57 pm

Noone can force another person to believe anything. If you don't believe the sky is blue, I will tell you to open your eyes. Similarly, if you don't believe this vaccine was researched, I will recommend you read up on it and become more knowledgeable. I understand being skeptical since we were told a lot of lies during Corona. However, this vaccine is backed by research, and is being distributed with no red tape.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Noone can force another person to believe anything. If you don't believe the sky is blue, I will tell you to open your eyes. Similarly, if you don't believe this vaccine was researched, I will recommend you read up on it and become more knowledgeable. I understand being skeptical since we were told a lot of lies during Corona. However, this vaccine is backed by research, and is being distributed with no red tape.

Are you really comparing that the sky is blue to this vaccine is safe?? Unbelievable and so foolish.
The sky is blue is a clear fact, not a matter of opinion. It's absolutely NOT a clear fact that the vaccine is 100% safe.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:16 pm
Are you really comparing that the sky is blue to this vaccine is safe?? Unbelievable and so foolish.
The sky is blue is a clear fact, not a matter of opinion. It's absolutely NOT a clear fact that the vaccine is 100% safe.

100% safe I cannot guarantee, but it's no different than other vaccines, prescriptions or procedures. It's true about many things that we can find out later something we did not know before. We can only make a decision based on what we currently know.
We know that research was generously funded, studies were done, a vaccine was developed. The technique of using mRNA is not new. Soamy reasons why this vaccine is something we should embrace and thank Hashem for.

And, BTW, the sky is not blue. It is a reflection.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:23 pm
Quote:
And, BTW, the sky is not blue. It is a reflection.

So maybe it is a good comparison after all. The sky isn't blue and the vaccine isn't safe.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:24 pm

I’m curious- in how many years will you feel comfortable with it?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:55 pm
thanks wrote:
It doesn't require sneezing or coughing. Lots of people spread the virus unintentionally. Singing, talking, hugging, breathing, etc. all have contributed to the spread of the virus. (I sure hope noone spread it intentionally.!). As a matter of fact, since you've been exposed thousands of times, it's quite possible that you already contributed to the spread.

You’re quite judgy. For your info I got covid already and stayed away from people for 2 weeks before coming into contact with people again. By weddings you’ll see me cringe with hugging people. My kids have been tested a few times, always negative so it’s safe to say I haven’t contributed to the spread. Maybe you did if you didn’t get it yet since it goes through masks and you cld be positive without knowing.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:09 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I’m curious- in how many years will you feel comfortable with it?

Once there has been legitimate proof that it's safe and has no long term side effects.
That said, I don't see why it's ever necessary for young and healthy to take this vaccine.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:27 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Interesting to me how your husband and Dtr who are in the medical field are pro vaccine, but you, who are not a doctor or in the health sciences, is against it. I guess the lay-people know more than the professionals.

you cannot be a healthcare professional unless you believe that everything you are told is true.

thst creates a blindness/bias that mskes it nearly impossible to consider anything else.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics