Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Betty crocker pizza maker
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:29 pm
Yay or nay?
How easy/fast to make pizza? How easy/fast is clean-up?
My kids hate the frozen pizza, but they love when we order out. How does this compare to fresh store ordered pizza?

aycg

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:33 pm
When u make pizza on it it tastes like homemade pizza not store bought but close and personally we like it better! But u can use it for so many other things it’s the best investment ever. I’ve made eggs on it, Latkas, pizza wraps, french toast. I have a Fleishig one too! Cutlets, bottoms veggies. And clean up is a breeze! Just wipe it down with a paper towel

happy chick

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:36 pm
How does it compare to a sandwich maker? I use that for eggs sometimes and it doesn't taste awesome. Fried in a pan is so much better.

mha3484

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:46 pm
Medium. I have one for dairy with an instant pot and it works well for me since I have my stove top and single oven for meat. If I had a better kitchen layout I would ditch it and use an oven/stove for most of what I use the betty crocker for.

aycg

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:46 pm
You can use this as a pan. It’s like a non stick frying pan so it comes out almost the same. Just make sure not to cover it cuz then it tastes like ✈️ eggs! 😜
You have to play around with it once u get and figure out which foods work. I’ve heard of ppl
Making cheese cake in it too. When u close it it’s like an oven. When it’s open u can use it as a frying pan. I’ve made fish on it too btw.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 4:52 pm
It’s a great thing to own, especially when going on vacation.
In the summer I made full meals on it alMost every day.
I have one for Milchig and fleishig.
Today I used it for falafel balls, and warming up pizza.
Yesterday I fried chicken cutlets (in oil) and sliced thick potatoes at the same time....then roasted broccoli.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:40 pm
aycg wrote:
You can use this as a pan. It’s like a non stick frying pan so it comes out almost the same. Just make sure not to cover it cuz then it tastes like ✈️ eggs! 😜
You have to play around with it once u get and figure out which foods work. I’ve heard of ppl
Making cheese cake in it too. When u close it it’s like an oven. When it’s open u can use it as a frying pan. I’ve made fish on it too btw.

How do you make cheesecake on it? Just got one as a gift

MiriFr

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:56 pm
If you’re debating a pizza oven vs a pizza stone, go with the stone 💯. If you’re only considering a pizza oven, definitely get the pizza oven! Go!

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:58 pm
I am on my second-my first broke after 2 years. And now bingo had it for cheap, and I bought one to put in storage for when this one breaks. That's how much I like it!
Frozen pizza tastes something between regular frozen and fresh. I make homemade pizza in it all the times. Grilled cheese. fish sticks. french fries. Frozen vegetables, sprinkled with cheese, and sometimes with chick peas to make it a full meal. Pizza wraps. Frozen cheese blinses.

chatz

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:11 pm
I love it!

I don't have a milchig oven, so I use it for homemade pizza, toast with cheese, and warming up anything and everything frozen. It heats up fast, is super easy to clean, and doesn't make your house hot like an oven.

I wouldn't use it for eggs but I've used it for pancakes.

It's similar to a sandwich maker- just a bigger and flat surface.

soap suds

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:22 pm
How fast is it compared to an oven? Say , something that would normally bake for an hour?

mizle10

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:28 pm
soap suds wrote:
How fast is it compared to an oven? Say , something that would normally bake for an hour?

Something that would bake for an hour wouldn’t really work. It’s like a nonstick frying pan/toaster oven set on medium-high

I love mine, use it all the time. Even have one for Pesach!

ynms

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:55 pm
I made Cheese latkes, fish ( on parchment paper), melted cheese on noodles etc.......

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:01 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Something that would bake for an hour wouldn’t really work. It’s like a nonstick frying pan/toaster oven set on medium-high

What do you cook with it on Pesach?

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:01 pm
I make toast on it too sometimes.
And salmon comes out delish...

aycg

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:02 pm
lamplighter wrote:
How do you make cheesecake on it? Just got one as a gift

Regular cheese cake recipe in a ready crust bake for 18 min Betty closed then unplug and leave the cheese cake in for an hour. Never tried it but my friend said she did and was great

avrahamama

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:07 pm
Sometimes for breakfast I'll make a pizza using a tortilla wrap. I'll crack an egg onto the pizza. It's delish.

It makes very good nachos layer of chips, rice, beans, tomato, salsa, cheese.

Shakshuka is good in there.

All frozen veggies come out the right texture and not mushy

One time I had cold pasta. I put it in with sauce and cheese and had a nice pasta.

I always line with parchment and never have to clean it.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:08 pm
soap suds wrote:

It's faster but I can't say how much. You don't have to wait the same you would for an oven to warm up. It's smaller and hot.

Genius

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:13 pm
mizle10 wrote:

Really depends what. I made potato kugel on it. It took 45 minutes and ‘twas yum! (Three potatoes)

Genius

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:15 pm
Chicken cutlets can be ready in five minutes. Salmon in about ten.
I have one for milchig and one for fleishig and love them! I choose the pizza maker over my ovens whenever I have a choice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars