Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
COVID vaccine if you are natural minded?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

smss

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:43 pm
Also, OP! Please don't make health decisions for your family based on what is "natural." Make evidence based decisions.

Highly recommend you watch this panel tonight: https://us02web.zoom.us/webina.....aR1Ew

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:45 pm
smss wrote:
Yeah, you lost me at "every prescription is poison..."

Why does it need to be prescribed?

smss wrote:
3) no reputable public health...

What is exactly is the vaccine then?

smss

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Why does it need to be prescribed?

So that people who don't know any better don't take antibiotics for a cold or the flu, for one thing.
Because it takes, like, years of medical school and residency to learn how to diagnose symptoms and what to prescribe when, for another.
Is this seriously a question?

smss

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
What is exactly is the vaccine then?

Are you... suggesting that the CDC is making money off the vaccine? You know that's not the way this works right?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:08 pm
They need to be prescribed because only so much is ok and won't kill you.

Please remember that antibiotics has only gotten us so far. And is a serious issue nowadays.

Everyone deserves to be able to choose what goes into their body. I can't tolerate these things, others should respect that.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
No. Come from a natural minded home, born at home... I only received one vax in my life and I pay the consequences -autoimmune. I now refuse to take pharmaceuticals, (obviously within reason) and try to have only the cleanest supplies in my home. While I can't yet afford organic, I avoid all inflammatory foods and for sure never touch white flour sugar. Use diaphragm and VCF after babies.

No way would I take any covid pharmaceutical product whether it's a vaccine or not. Every prescription is poison and I think long and hard before considering putting it in my body. I don't care if I won't be able to travel or work in certain fields. My health comes first and I am just not willing to risk not being a functional human being by willingly injecting something into my body.

If public health was really the concern here we'd see a lot more "make sure to get lots of vegetables, exercise and plenty Vit D" and way less of "stay home, keep a filthy mask on your face and buy my product"

Why was this post reported? The op asked for a reply from a natural minded person and she is and she replied to the question.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:13 pm
smss wrote:
Are you... suggesting that the CDC is making money off the vaccine? You know that's not the way this works right?

Wasn't really going there, I don't want to go into the whole CDC business side of things way off topic and I didn't really care to look into it. Still the CDC isn't the only one pushing this.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:48 pm
Ruby, FYI, I have a dialysis patient-what happen to him?
He was in a South American where you can get antibiotics without a prescription. He killed his kidneys.
Please don’t self medicate

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Ruby, FYI, I have a dialysis patient-what happen to him?
He was in a South American where you can get antibiotics without a prescription. He killed his kidneys.
Please don’t self medicate

You misunderstood. It's absolutely a good thing they need prescription, pharmacist spend a lot of time studying this to ensure they're not overdosing people.

My point is that it's not really safe items, hence needing a pharmacist.

smss

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
You misunderstood. It's absolutely a good thing they need prescription, pharmacist spend a lot of time studying this to ensure they're not overdosing people.

My point is that it's not really safe items, hence needing a pharmacist.

I think you're trying to say that all pharmaceuticals carry some risk of side effects.

This is absolutely true, and not the same thing as them "not being safe." Most side effects are just unpleasant and temporary, truly harmful or lethal ones are exceedingly rare.

But yes this is why a risk/benefit analysis is made when prescribing anything.

In the case of the covid vaccine, the common side effects (headache/fever/muscle aches etc) are all TEMPORARY and just unpleasant, not dangerous. A truly severe reaction like anaphylaxis is extremely extremely rare (and I believe so far all who've experienced that have recovered), the risk of it compared to the benefits of immunity to covid is just negligible.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:32 pm
smss wrote:
I think you're trying to say that all pharmaceuticals carry some risk of side effects.

This is absolutely true, and not the same thing as them "not being safe." Most side effects are just unpleasant and temporary, truly harmful or lethal ones are exceedingly rare.

In the case of the covid vaccine, the common side effects (headache/fever/muscle aches etc) are all TEMPORARY and just unpleasant, not dangerous. A truly severe reaction like anaphylaxis is extremely extremely rare (and I believe so far all who've experienced that have recovered), the risk of it compared to the benefits of immunity to covid is just negligible.

I hear ya, I just don't feel comfortable with putting pharmaceuticals into my body right now. I just can't. My immune system can overreact to everything and anything. I don't feel safe doing it to myself.

farm

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I hear ya, I just don't feel comfortable with putting pharmaceuticals into my body right now. I just can't. My immune system can overreact to everything and anything. I don't feel safe doing it to myself.

VCF is a ‘pharmaceutical’ as well.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:43 am
smss wrote:

I'm not terribly concerned about anaphylaxis (an allergic reaction) or the fluey feelings that are common to many vaccines. I'm concerned about long-term effects, which are as yet unknown.

Depending on your risk profile for coronavirus altogether, assuming a set of unknown risks for the possibility of reducing your risk for corona can be a prudent decision or a dice roll.

We also still don't know how long any immunity might last, and if it will prevent people from being carriers and spreading it to others.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:14 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I'm not terribly concerned about anaphylaxis (an allergic reaction) or the fluey feelings that are common to many vaccines. I'm concerned about long-term effects, which are as yet unknown.

Depending on your risk profile for coronavirus altogether, assuming a set of unknown risks for the possibility of reducing your risk for corona can be a prudent decision or a dice roll.

We also still don't know how long any immunity might last, and if it will prevent people from being carriers and spreading it to others.

Yeah but we also don't know the long term effects of covid-19, which research says could be potentially devastating. This isn't like a cold, where it passes, you heal, and life goes on.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Yeah but we also don't know the long term effects of covid-19, which research says could be potentially devastating. This isn't like a cold, where it passes, you heal, and life goes on.

Granted, which is why if you are at high risk of a severe case of COVID then the risks of the vaccine are obviously well worth it.

But if you are at low risk for COVID complications, then the unknown risks of the vaccine vs unknown risks of COVID are a different ratio.

Another wrinkle: If theoretically a natural case of COVID provides lifetime immunity (as in chicken pox in most cases), and the vaccine provides 6-12 months of immunity, the decision also becomes more complex. It's true we don't know all of these factors yet, but it makes the issue much less black and white.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:43 am
[quote="amother]

Another wrinkle: If theoretically a natural case of COVID provides lifetime immunity (as in chicken pox in most cases), and the vaccine provides 6-12 months of immunity, the decision also becomes more complex. It's true we don't know all of these factors yet, but it makes the issue much less black and white.[/quote]

Theoretically this might be the case, but practically we know that people who have had Corona and take antibody tests show a steadily decreasing level of antibodies, and in more than one case it has dropped to nothing over time.

We don't know yet how long the antibodies from the vaccine will last, but they start off at a higher level than antibodies from infection, so they should last longer.

While I agree that we need more information, you seem to have got your facts mixed up.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:47 am
If you’re natural minded or
Curious about adverse effects, please read this.

https://www.rodefshalom613.org.....safe/

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:25 am
Elfrida wrote:
Theoretically this might be the case, but practically we know that people who have had Corona and take antibody tests show a steadily decreasing level of antibodies, and in more than one case it has dropped to nothing over time.

We don't know yet how long the antibodies from the vaccine will last, but they start off at a higher level than antibodies from infection, so they should last longer.

While I agree that we need more information, you seem to have got your facts mixed up.

You actually might have some facts mixed up Smile

FYI, testable antibodies are NOT the sole determination of whether someone is immune. The body has a cell memory for diseases that is not something we have a way of checking for. Antibodies may drop to undetectable over a few weeks, but people aren't getting reinfected that fast, if at all.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
You actually might have some facts mixed up Smile

FYI, testable antibodies are NOT the sole determination of whether someone is immune. The body has a cell memory for diseases that is not something we have a way of checking for. Antibodies may drop to undetectable over a few weeks, but people aren't getting reinfected that fast, if at all.

There have been many cases of people getting reinfected within a number of months.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
There have been many cases of people getting reinfected within a number of months.

Please share your source for that.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics