Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to send for dinner to a person who had a baby
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:50 pm
I am cooking for someone who had a baby, and has small children. Looking for ideas what to send. TIA!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:51 pm
Meatballs and spaghetti
Soup
Salad

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:54 pm
I like to send grilled chicken for the adults and schnitzel nuggets for the kids. Rice or potatoes/sweet potatoes. A salad. Sometimes soup and cookies if I have time.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:59 pm
My go to dinner that I send is soup, salmon and mashed potatoes for the adults/older kids, ziti for the younger kids & salad. I sometimes add a dairy ambrosia.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:03 pm
If you can, send soup and salad or fruit. Then protein & starch that is warm and filling and easy for you to make.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:09 pm
The best thing is bought food. Lots of people don’t like to have food made/touched by strangers. If it’s only fir two it’s not expensive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:17 pm
Thank you for your ideas!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
The best thing is bought food. Lots of people don’t like to have food made/touched by strangers. If it’s only fir two it’s not expensive.

As a week-old kimpeturin right now, I strongly disagree. I can buy food myself. What I need now is simple nourishing homemade food which I don't have the energy to make myself.

To OP: skip the fancy, don't try to impress. We got supper every day this week and the best one was: chunky vegetable lentil soup, one-pan baked chicken bottoms with rice, and steamed broccoli. Same kind of food I'd make for my family. Delicious, hearty, and healthy.

OneSource

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:29 pm
I do simple foods. Meatballs and spaghetti, kept separate from eachother. A salad with sliced turkey / pastrami, chinese noodles, veggies and dressing on the side. A sliced up watermelon for desert. I always try to deliver the food in tins before 4pm. Maybe a matzah ball soup too.

-Sunnygirl

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I like to send grilled chicken for the adults and schnitzel nuggets for the kids. Rice or potatoes/sweet potatoes. A salad. Sometimes soup and cookies if I have time.

This! I'd do the same. like doing what I would appreciate for my family.

sky

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:36 pm
Soup
Salad

Dairy:
Salmon
Pasta

Meat:
Breaded chicken cutlets
Rice

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:42 pm
OneSource wrote:
I do simple foods. Meatballs and spaghetti, kept separate from eachother. A salad with sliced turkey / pastrami, chinese noodles, veggies and dressing on the side. A sliced up watermelon for desert. I always try to deliver the food in tins before 4pm. Maybe a matzah ball soup too.

sounds delicious. if this is simple, whats fancy Smile ??

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:46 pm

I don't think so. People can buy food themselves and most people appreciate a homemade meal. Many people don't like takeout. Most people don't have a problem eating a home cooked meal sent to them, especially if they know where it's coming from.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:48 pm
For little kid’s skip spaghetti and rice. Very hard to eat and makes a huge mess for the parents to clean up.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:14 pm
Thank you everyone!!!

chanar

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:01 pm
I’ve sent in a taco dinner on a Tuesday night, and it’s always been a hit!! In small separate containers, one with the meat, and each container the different toppings, eg.. lettuce, cut up vegetables, pickles, corn, the dressings, A container of rice, and I usually will send a filling soup too.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:32 pm

People who don’t want food cooked by strangers decline getting meals.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:33 pm
Anything home made honestly. Bonus if it includes breakfast or lunch for mom the next day bc ppl tend to forget that she actually needs those meals as well. Even if it's just fruit or a yogurt.

Shuly

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:40 pm
Here are some meals I've gotten after birth:

Hamburgers, buns, separate containers of pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and french fries.
Grilled chicken cutlets, salad and potatoes
Breaded chicken and rice
Salmon, mashed potatoes and salad

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:02 pm
Our Kehilla organizes suppers to be sent to new moms. As I volunteer, I send soup, chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, fruit soup as a compote, and a cake. Hope it’s appreciated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics