Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you’ve started an Amazon business
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 10:10 am
Would you say I can start a business just by watching YouTube videos on how to do this, or if I want to be successful I must take a real (and expensive) course like ASM.

How did you start your business, and what do you think helped you become successful?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 5:27 pm
Anybody here has an Amazon business?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 5:31 pm
No way do you need a course.
Call and speak to lots of people.
You also learn a lot from experience.

Start small and grow.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 5:41 pm
Jessica Larrew puts out a lot of free info. Lots of diff paid courses too but invest in those once you start rolling.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 5:58 pm
first you need a good item. after that you can take courses to make sure you become popular

Boca00

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:12 pm
You need to know what type of item to pick too. I've heard good things about Helium10's training course, and Seller-Systems is expensive but has a lot of good info.

Join ASGTG's telegram group. It's a great place to ask questions.

goforit

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:49 pm
Boca00 wrote:
You need to know what type of item to pick too. I've heard good things about Helium10's training course, and Seller-Systems is expensive but has a lot of good info.

Join ASGTG's telegram group. It's a great place to ask questions.

How do I join this group?

Boca00

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:12 pm
goforit wrote:
How do I join this group?

Search "ASGTG" on Telegram and request to join. There are a number of channels, for newbies, PL, Trademark questions, etc, so just join the ones you are interested in. PM me if you need help.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:54 pm
Ok thank you all for your responses.
It’s something I’m very interested in doing, but some people told me that if I don’t take a professional course I’m in for failure. Wanted to know if that’s true.

pessyb

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:21 am
husband bh has successful amazon business he didnt take any courses

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 1:27 am
My husband and I took a course but we wound up not selling and we were able to get our money back. I don't remember which course it was but we really didn't have trouble after we told them that we just didn't see how we could make money doing it. It was not easy to find a profitable product. Wespent weeks looking and never found anything.

flmommy

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:01 am
Is ASGTG an Israeli based group? Asking because I never heard of telegram. Thanks

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:16 am
I don't think anyone is successful with an Amazon only business. Those who are successful are existing brick and mortar stores who use Amazon as an another platform to sell and ship - they have existing products and relationships with vendors already.

You can get lucky with one product but then that product goes up in price, gets discontinued, stops selling, or stops being made and it is over.

I've watched a lot of videos and bought a few courses and talked to sellers. No one ever gives any specifics about what they are selling or what they are paying for the product or packaging and shipping.

Lots of folks claim to be successful with zero proof.

Anyone spending more time making videos and courses on how to be a successful Amazon seller by definition isn't. If they were all their time would be spent on their business. Instead, their livlihoood comes from AdSense money from Youtube and the money they make selling courses.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:29 am
Op, be aware that selling on amazon is extremely competitive. You first need to find an item and in my opinion this is nearly impossible because everything in the world is already being sold on amazon.

I'm thinking the sellers who are successful must have some tricks with the way they are selling or getting their products and they will not share that with anyone because they stand to lose out if they do.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:08 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I don't think anyone is successful with an Amazon only business. Those who are successful are existing brick and mortar stores who use Amazon as an another platform to sell and ship - they have existing products and relationships with vendors already.

You can get lucky with one product but then that product goes up in price, gets discontinued, stops selling, or stops being made and it is over.

I've watched a lot of videos and bought a few courses and talked to sellers. No one ever gives any specifics about what they are selling or what they are paying for the product or packaging and shipping.

Anyone spending more time making videos and courses on how to be a successful Amazon seller by definition isn't. If they were all their time would be spent on their business. Instead, their livlihoood comes from AdSense money from Youtube and the money they make selling courses.

This is simply untrue. My husband has an Amazon only business that's Bh very very successful. There's no brick and mortar store. I know at least 2 other ppl who do the same, not sure how much money they make, but they are exclusively selling on Amazon. It's possible to make a lot of money this way.

Op, my husband never took a course but he did work for someone else for about 6 months before he went out on his own so he learned the ropes that way.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:37 pm
flmommy wrote:
Is ASGTG an Israeli based group? Asking because I never heard of telegram. Thanks

Nope. Telegram is a regular app you can download on the app store, and then you can search ASGTG.
ASGTG.com also has a helpful directory of service providers (truckers, photographers, etc).

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:42 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

There are definitely people selling only or primarily on Amazon that are successful. It's hard and it's risky but it's possible. It's great if you can diversify and sell on ebay, walmart, etsy, etc.

Seller Systems (which I mentioned above) is given by a successful Amazon seller, Brandon Young.
It is possible to give over a lot of the day to day running of the business and have time for other things, like making courses. When your company grows enough, the goal is to work "on the business" not in it.

Working for an amazon business is a great way to learn the ropes.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:35 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
This is simply untrue. My husband has an Amazon only business that's Bh very very successful. There's no brick and mortar store. I know at least 2 other ppl who do the same, not sure how much money they make, but they are exclusively selling on Amazon. It's possible to make a lot of money this way.

Op, my husband never took a course but he did work for someone else for about 6 months before he went out on his own so he learned the ropes that way.

I agree with this. I know quite a few people who don't have a brick and mortar store, and are doing very well selling on Amazon.

OTOH, I also know people who tried Amazon but got burnt. It's a business like any other, and if you don't know the basics of the business, you can lose money very quickly (unless you are super lucky, but I wouldn't count on being super lucky!). I don't know about the courses, but definitely hands on experience is the way to learn basically anything, including Amazon.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 5:08 pm
Following. My husband and I have been watching Helium 10 as well as Brandon Young.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 5:56 pm
These are the "secrets" of a few of the Amazon sellers I know.

Seller #1 manufactures and sells his own brand of a certain line of products.
He has a good source of parnassa from another lucrative business, so he can afford the finances invested. He can also devote the time to this and hire employees to run the business.
He can afford to take on a high level of risk.
(Some of his products failed some kind of inspection, and he was unable to sell them on Amazon).

Seller #2 sells some run-of-the-mill products.
His father is a wholesaler, so he has good access to suppliers, and can probably purchase them at lower cost than other sellers.

Other sellers work for an Amazon business, learn the trade, and branch off on their own.
This is not as simple as it sounds.
My husband is looking for a new job, and people are hesitant to employ heimish workers because they don't want others to learn the business and compete against them.

Bottom line: There are no secrets.
I don't believe watching videos will make you successful.
You need to first start off with a unique product or have access to good suppliers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics